Losing real Super Rugby caused the SH demise

Forum » Rugby » Losing real Super Rugby caused the SH demise

Jul 18, 2022, 09:52

Our Super teams toughened NZ forwards. Their teams taught us back play. Now our backs are clueless and NZ forwards are flaccid.

Super rugby was the whetstone that sharpened the great SH teams of the last 25 years.

Go back

Jul 18, 2022, 12:00

Nope why go back only to be cheated by crooked refs and to be financially robbed. 

The NH sides have good forwards and backs. 

I would be very surprised if we are not earning much more having teams in NH comps. 

Once those two down under bandits come to their senses. If ever, it could be considered. 

I thought our backline in the third test showed some great creativity. 

You need to find a spot for Willie as a playmaker. I reckon a try at 13 could work with Am on the wing. 

Beeno of course probably a bit too far ahead for some tunnel vision pundits! 

As for the Kiwis they will be back. You can't never hit a bump in the road. 

It will be interesting to see how Ireland go against a good pack of forwards. 

Nope for now let the arrogant kiwis and Ozzies stew in the mess they created. 

Jul 18, 2022, 15:58

Beenz, the only time you are far ahead is when your dumpy body falls over its own feet. 

Jul 18, 2022, 16:25

Geez Rosie Nose did that take you almost 4 hours to think up. Hahahahaha. 

Wee cc when are you going to give up on this charade. I have got ya all worked out!

I quite like the name Rosie Nose. Some credit though has to go to the astute Plum. 

Jul 18, 2022, 16:25

Jul 18, 2022, 16:35

Nice of you to thumb up your empty post. It's your only good contribution to this board you sad poof. 

Jul 22, 2022, 17:10

Why go back? Because simple logic suggests it improved our rugby.

Jul 22, 2022, 18:54

Did it though? That's the mudderucking question. The Blocks were BETTER in the 90s and got shittier since the 2007 world cup. So what the fuck happened? Well, I'll tell you the tale of woe... it all started with a fucking Aussie who went fishing with some biltong at the end of his stick and you got caught and dumped into their jumble of horse shit league. Now your  bastards aren't cerebral enough to learn what makes the masters of league so good so you just have these generic fuckers. Interesting isn't it??? The nations who are good at union are also good at league, they have a tradition there and draw from the shizzle that comes from league. ZA is utter donkey balls at league. Connect the fucking dots. Sooooo, you can't go back to super rugby because it just wasn't working. It's like going back to an old girlfriend because of nostalgia for the good days  but it'll never work, no matter how good the poontang was. So, you have no choice, you have to move forwards. You have to stay ahead of the trend by not trying to live in the past. Super rugby is dead and Europe is the power and hub of world rugby. Aussie rugby won't survive and New Zealand will fade away too. These are changing times. If you look at rugby before WW2 the power balance was totally different. It's changing now. But... I don't think having yarpies will do us any good. It waters down the purity of the rugby of the north. You lot just aren't sharp enough. We don't need big fat lunk heads as opposition.  

Jul 23, 2022, 08:58

I have to agree, but only if it was the old super 12, but with one change. Only 4 kiwi teams. 

But Aus and the kiwis shot themselves in the foot. Aus can only muster $30 mil for broadcast rights. NZ managed to squeeze $90 mil, but these were negotiated with local broadcasters. 

SA use to provide most of the broadcast revenue and shared it equally. 

I’m not sure what the current broadcast deal looks like under the URC. But I have been co I got up empty trying to find any information. 

Right now, I’m happy up North. We beat Leinster, Munster and Ulster. In the return the Irish outplayed the Alll blacks, so think we have more to gain. 

But unless Aus and NZ administrators come to their senses. No hope for ever bring it back. 

We also have the Heineken cup to look forward to 

Jul 23, 2022, 12:19

Super 14 was better balance in the travel for SA than S12...

You need to Log in to reply.