You need to LOG IN to reply.

Lost Opportunity

Forum » Rugby » Lost Opportunity

May 06, 2019, 08:44

There has been so much talk about Folau and religion recently, I thought I would ask a honest question.

Why did all the religious rugby players around the world, not make a united stand with Folau and refuse to play any further national and international rugby, unless Folau was reinstated to play.

Why did all other Christian sportsmen and women around the world not take and make a united front, to support Folau, in his quest and human right, to be able to post whatever he wanted to, about his religion.

There has been so much talk about how much Folau has put on the line, and lost, by refusing to back down to rugby Australia, but in the end, he could be paid out millions.

It still does not take away the fact that any boycott or international united Christian stand around the world, would have had a huge impact on how this would have been handled, if it did indeed happen with well known and respected sport people around the world.

Knowing what the possible outcomes are, if other sports people did do that...… the question is....

Are people putting finances before their religion?

Are people putting their careers before their faith?

Are people selective on when their Christian beliefs are at the forefront of their lives?

I always hear that Christians are fully prepared to put their own fate in the hands of their Lord Jesus, yet nobody stood beside Folau and staunchly defended their Jesus here...….

May 06, 2019, 10:03

I see many Christian Sportmen and women testifying for Jesus on the bigscreen,never come across a top sports atheist testifying for their religion on the big screen? Why?

May 06, 2019, 10:04

Well from what i know of religions and their followers every single one of you are selective on what parts of the bible they wish to follow and the bits they chose to ignore in all facets of their life, no different  to the non religious.

I for one dont want to have to fight of a crowd from stoning me when i chose to cut my lawns or get called out on a job on sunday.

Nor would i let my daughter marry her rapist though i would take great joy in killing him.

Would any of you allow such a thing?

Parts of these come from the old testament which many of you dont follow (i believe, is this correct?) But as i understand it there are still some that do. So  do they have the right to follow these rules over others?

If not they are compromising their religion because of the consequences 

As to the religious sports players it is their right to boycott. Nothing is stopping them.

But you know why they dont as much as me and that is self interest.

May 06, 2019, 10:07

Huh?

Folau has received a lot of support from across the globe, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

Yes ... it would have been amazing to see all Christian sportsmen stand their ground in support of Folau. Imagine that. Across the globe. Millions upon millions making a stand. That certainly would have made a statement. Chances of that ever happening are fairly remote.

The white folk in South Africa, particularly the Afrikaaner have been under attack across all spectrums of our society ... Affirmative Action, Quotas in sport, farm murderers, even attempts to rid the country of their language has been made ... and yet they as a people cannot come together and unite as one against those who want to see them destroyed.

There are a mere few million left in the country and they are more divided than ever before. Their survival as a people has been threatened and yet even that's not enough to draw them together.

The Christian faith is divided into various denominations and uniting them all would take an enormous effort. It's not going to happen. You should know that. 

I have taken note of your agenda to discredit the Christian faith as whole on this forum. You may have had a better shot at it if you'd asked a more intelligent question ... but as is usually the case ... you too end up missing the opportunity, by being silly.

Best give your failed attempt a rethink and come up with something a little more logical.  

May 06, 2019, 10:17

You know what CC

I was thoroughly impressed with your opinion and feedback to my question on this...…... until you started insulting me

You just cannot help yourself can you...….

The anger and hatred in your heart runs pretty deep...…..

It was, and still is, a honest and fair question, and if you cannot answer that without insulting the person behind it, then it says a shit load more about you, as the Christian...…. than it does about me

May 06, 2019, 10:22

"I see many Christian Sportmen and women testifying for Jesus on the bigscreen, never come across a top sports atheist testifying for their religion on the big screen? Why?"

Fair point Moonrover, but if they are a non believer, as you say, then what or who could they testify to believing in the first place?

May 06, 2019, 10:32

Oh stop sulking DA ... you asked a stupid question ... I told you it was a stupid question and now you're all upset.

Did you want me to tell you that it was a good question ... a logical one ... one that was based in reality ... did you want me to play little word games with you ... lie to you ... embrace your feeble attempt with loving kindness?

Really?

You took your shot at what I believe in. Trying to ridicule it. What did you expect?

Grow up will you!

May 06, 2019, 10:32

May 06, 2019, 10:44

Hey DA i am not a nobody buddy! Many like me have protested. However don't expect Christian protests to get much publicity. But yes Christians need to be more vocal. The persecution of Christians is thankfully waking a sleeping giant. All over the place Christians are getting very involved in the fight against Globalism and ts progressive perverts. The Christians in the USA are becoming very vocal. However few of them would even know about Folau.

The worst thing enemies of Christianity can do is persecute the Church. The Church in China has been severely persecuted but now is over 100 million strong!

What is the total number of Christians in China including the underground church?

At a closed-door meeting at Peking University in 2006, Xiaowen Ye, the then head of the Chinese Communist Party's Religious Affairs Bureau reported that Protestants in China numbered 110 million.

Applying the same 6.5% annual growth rate to this figure for the 12 years since 2006 indicates 234 million* as the total number of Protestants in China in 2018.

Why do surveys report figures below 100 million?

Chinese Christians are persecuted for their faith (see Christian persecution in China), so survey that ask about their faith are far less reliable than the numbers compiled by the Chinese government's intelligence services for their internal use.

It is generally accepted that China has between 2 to 4 times more underground church Christians than Three Self church Christians. Ratios of 2, 3 and 4 underground church Christians for every Three Self church Christian yield 147 million, 196 million and 245 million, respectively, as the total number of Christians in China in 2018 (the 234 million figure above indicates this ratio to be 3.8 to 1)."

China's Christians already outnumber American Christians, as well as Chinese Communist Party members, yet still comprise less than 20% of China's 1.4 billion people.

Christianity in China took root after Robert Morrison, a missionary and sinologist with the London Missionary Society, arrived in 1807 and translated the first Chinese Bible in 1819.

During the 200 years since then, Christianity in China was tested and grew through fiery trials, including the Taiping Rebellion (1850-1664), Mao's Cultural Revolution (1966-1976, see Project Pearl), and persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (1948-present).

Clowns suggesting the death of Christianity have no idea what they are talking about - as per usual.Jesus said HE would build His Church and the GATES OF HELL (yes Hell exists) would not prevail against it. These atheists have NO idea who they are up against.

According to 2011 Pew Research Center survey, there are 2.18 billion Christians around the world in 2010.  These puny atheists better watch out who they rile up. 

According to sociologists Ariela Keysar and Juhem Navarro-Rivera's review of numerous global studies on atheism, there are 450 to 500 million positive atheists and agnostics worldwide (7% of the world's population), with China having the most atheists in the world (200 million convinced atheists)

Strip out out the agnostics and maybe the atheists number 3 or 4% of the world's population. Not that you would think it given the rants of the Globalist MSM. Not many people are stupid enough to believe the Universe created itself out of nothing. Bwahahahahahhahahahahaha

My this is such a great post it needs its own thread!!!

May 06, 2019, 11:03

I have not posted a single post to either condemn or support Folau and I have never made any secret about my Christianity either. There are two reasons.

First, I firmly believe (and I have argued this point, at length before with Crusaderfan, IIRC) that although I have the obligation to convert non believers, that does not mean that I have to push my beliefs down their throats. It also does not mean that I have to walk around with my Bible under my arm and preach to all and sundry and “force” my beliefs upon them. That is very clear....and this is my second reason... from the book of Revelations where it is said that the Lord stands at your door and knocks and only when you invite him in, he would come in and dine with you. That, to me, proves that Christianity is not necessarily down some divine intervention or some spiritual event. It is also a conscientious decision.

As for Folau, his actions is also not 100% Biblical. He has forgotten one of the most basic Christian principles. He has judged homosexuals. As a Christian I have no right to judge and tell another person that he or she is going straight to hell. None of us is without sin, after all.

While I believe that homosexuality has, in recent times, become a kind of a fashion statement, I also believe that there are many people who are born with a genuine gender dysphoria. These are normally people who do not force their homosexuality down your throat and who also do not overly display behaviour and mannerisms of the opposite sex like, for instance, men who dress and behave in an overly effeminate way. These are also people who everybody is often surprised about, when they come out as being homosexual. A prime example of this, to me, is someone like Nigel Owens. There is nothing about him that shouts out “I am homosexual”.

May 06, 2019, 11:04

I see CC

Is that your feeble attempt at trying to explain away..... all of your Un-Christian behaviour that you constantly display on this forum

Let me get this right...… If someone asks something that you don't agree with..... you immediately become un-Christian and attack them, using the most vulgar words imaginable...…. and I am not talking about this thread here..... You have previously used vile, crude and utterly disgusting language on here.... Spoken ill of the sick or dying...….. vilified people who believe differently to you.... accused grandparents of doing horrible things to their grand children.....

If ever I had to guess who was not a Christian on this forum, just purely from their individual actions alone on this forum, it would easily and clearly be you..... hands down

No Christian I know of has constantly behaved and used the language that you do, like you have constantly done, every single day...  on here.

I think you are one seriously confused individual who thinks he is a Christian, but actually isn't.

Constantly quoting versus from the bible does not make you a Christian

Knowing more about what is in the bible compared to others, does not make you a Christian

Understanding what is in the bible does not make you a Christian

Telling all of us on this forum that you are a Christian, does not make you a Christian

Calling people Fags, Homos, Moffies, Perverts... and all that does not make you a better Christian than someone else

You are the most un-Christian.... Christian, I have ever encountered

May 06, 2019, 11:08

Thank you for your very honest opinion Ceradyne, I fully respect that you took the time to let us know how you feel on this topic

May 06, 2019, 11:46

"I see many Christian Sportmen and women testifying for Jesus on the bigscreen,never come across a top sports atheist testifying for their religion on the big screen? Why?"

Because atheism is not a religion. It the opposite . . . it's the absence of religion.

Atheists don't have the same beliefs and no self-respecting atheist would even consider speaking on behalf of other atheists . . . on the big screen or anywhere else.

Just because we don't believe in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or any other religion doesn't mean we have a secret little religion of our own that we all believe in. We don't believe there's a "god". That is all that atheists have in common.

Hope that answers your question.

May 06, 2019, 11:47

When it comes down to it we all die. 

What gets up my nose is people telling me whats going to happen and i have to do stupid things in this life to have a better one latter. What sort of insanity is that?

I believe i cease to exist once i fall off my pearch, do I know this is true not at all but from my life experiences i have seen nothing to make me think otherwise. 

No one knows and those that tell me otherwise without a shread of proof are kidding themselves.

Believe what you want if it makes you sleep better at night but dont expect others to follow just because a book says so or someone hears voices in their head or any of the other signs that convice believers.

If there is a god and he wants people to believe there would only be one religion on this planet and everyone would be given the information for them to know it was true. Surly a god would know what it would take to convert everyone. For some its almost nothing (the religious) for others a few facts wouldn't go amiss.

May 06, 2019, 12:07

I don't understand how some Christians fully believe that they can act in any way that they like, during the week, because it will all be forgiven when they prey and atone for their sins in church, every Sunday.

I will always fully support anyone else in their belief of something different to me, as that is their personal right and choice.

However, when you get individuals like CC, who constantly behave in a very disgusting manner, but swear to anyone who will listen, that they are indeed true Christians and constantly quote the bible...…… it is an absolute comical farce.

I am not a Christian, I am openly a atheist, and I am not shy about it. Everyone that know me well enough, knows this, it is not something I hide.

I would certainly much rather prefer being an Athiest…….. than pretending to be a full blown Christian like CC does, but then proceed to act or behave in every single other way, that is Un-Christian, every single day of my life, like CC does.

CC is a wanabe Christian, and he can't even get that right, and if he is the example of what being a Christian is, God help all of you.

May 06, 2019, 12:09

The 3 or 4% of  atheists"fools" in the world today (yes God Himself uses this most insulting term because they ARE THE ULTIMATE FOOLS) support all kinds of degenerate behaviour. Whata buncjh of sewer dwellers.

CC has used very graphic language to describe the totally disgusting activities of gays. Very ugly but needed to get what is involved fully on view. The Bible calls the act of a man lying with another man an ABOMINATION. WHEN YOU THINK OF WHAT IT ENTAILS IT MAKES YOUR STOMACH TURN.

What gets up old crust very long pinocchio nose is the Bible talking about future events including Heaven. Well of course the ignorant fellow would have absolutely no idea that the Bible has hundreds of prophecies in it that have already been fulfilled. Actually its only the end time prophecies that remain. The incredible fulfillment of Biblical prophecy gives one full confidence that the relatively few remaining ones will also be fulfilled.

"Were my tears to ever flow, and my zeal no respite know, all for svn could not atone Thou must SAVE and Thou alone. Rock of Ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee". Man does poor old cust have any idea what this famous hymn is saying.

May 06, 2019, 12:10

None of the so-called Christians on this site inspire, all it needs is to ruffle a few feathers and sometimes not even that to see an unchristian like attitude.

May 06, 2019, 12:27

DA what in the world makes you think a person like you walking in deep darkness, fully in Satan's corner is going to understand Christianity. You are deaf and blind preferring the darkness to light boet! Now if you want to change things you need to ask God to have mercy on you and open those eyes of yours so you can repent and believe. How the heck do you rationalize believing the universe created itself out of nothing.

God has condemned homosexuality as being an abomination. You really imagine you know better than God or can argue its not a disgusting perversion. Your case is hopeless. Add in transgenderism, lesbianism and pedophilaia and its OVER.

May 06, 2019, 12:58

No transgender/gay has ever done me any harm. As that continues i am all for them to continue their life style. If they find love and happiness good on them.

If you find the same in your religion Beeno then I am happy for you as well. 

If they make homosexuality compulsory I will attack them as venomously as I attack religions that try to force there beliefs onto my life style.

As for your biblical quote can you please give me your interpretation as i would like to see if you read the same into that as I do (and other peoples as well which I am sure there are many interpretations of it.

May 06, 2019, 13:55

Birth control without the pill.

May 06, 2019, 14:35

Mmmmm

The bible calls the act of lying with another man a "Abomination"

Interesting...….

You see Beeno, you have just made a point to me without using any disgraceful and disgusting language...…

Doesn't mean I agree with you, but it is far more Christian-like behavior in my opinion

CC on the other hand has a very...…. very...... long history of using despicable language on this forum, and he believes that by going to church this Sunday, and every other week, it will all be forgiven and forgotten..... so what the hell..... carry on regardless.

So let's see...… Between Monday morning and Sunday morning when CC atones for his sins...….. I wonder what the real difference is between CC and any other atheist out there...…… absolutely nothing

May 06, 2019, 16:30

Mmmmm

The bible calls the act of lying with another man a "Abomination"

Interesting...…. 

You see Beeno, you have just made a point to me without using any disgraceful and disgusting language...…

Doesn't mean I agree with you, but it is far more Christian-like behavior in my opinion“

@DA. 

This is why I mostly refrain from getting involved in religious arguments, although I do from time to time, like now. :)

The trap that many Christians fall into is that they often times fall into the habit of selectively quoting phrases but then also subsequently ignore the context. 

Homosexuality is addressed on quite a few occasions in the Old Testament but, as far as I know, only twice in the New Testament. The reason for it and the distinction between the laws of the Old Testament and the New Testament is another lengthy discussion for another time.

The two instances that homosexuality is addressed in the New Testament are 1 Timothy 1:10  and 1 Corinthians 6:9 and in both occasions it refers to homosexuality AS WELL AS other sins. Those heterosexuals who like to quote the Bible in their condemnation of homosexuals conveniently (perhaps accidentally, perhaps deliberately who knows) leave out the other transgressions when they quote the Bible to condemn homosexuals to hell. 

1 Timothy 1:10

The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching 

1 Corinthians 6:9

Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 

Does this mean that all of the above leaves you with nothing but condemnation to hell? Not really, IMO, but that is also another lengthy debate for another time.

The point that I wanted to make is that arguments like “all fagots are headed straight for hell because the Bible says that it is an abomination” is BS unless you consider the same condemnation for all of the other sins mentioned in the same phrases  .

May 06, 2019, 17:10

"because the Bible says that it is an abomination” is BS unless you consider the same condemnation for all of the other sins mentioned in the same phrases"  

Very insightful post Ceradyne, thank you, and I fully agree with you

Another alternative viewpoint is...….

What if a gay man lives until the great age of 90, and ends up getting terminal cancer, and just before he passes on, he asks the lord to forgive him his sins, for the past 90 years, and asks Jesus into his life.

Is there any difference to asking for that forgiveness, after 90 years of constantly going against God's word...….. compared to CC having to ask for forgiveness every single Sunday, for how he treats his family, friends and colleagues, and continually using or displaying disgusting and un-Christian like language or behaviour?

I see absolutely zero difference between CC and this 90 year old man...….. actually wait...….I do...….this 90 year old man was most probably a far more decent human being in his 90 years on this planet, than CC has been in his 56 years on this planet...…….so I really don't see how the big self proclaimed Christian on this board, CC...... is any better off than any other atheist

This remark is not targeted at all Christians, this is targeted to the biggest fraud this board has ever seen

CC a Christian?...……..I call it for what it really is...… utter bullshit

May 06, 2019, 17:12

I'd like to make a polite and sincere request to all posters asking them to use a bit of discretion.

If you'd like to discuss Israel Folau in terms of what a great rugby player he is/was, how his absence will affect the Wallabies or what's happening with his hearing and/or his contract then by all means post it here in the rugby section.

If the topic goes off in the direction of whether he's right or wrong to say homosexuals are going to jail or whether you think homosexuality is a choice or whether Klown is the train or the tunnel in his relationship . . . then post it on the Trumpet. There are already several posts on there discussing all the non-rugby elements of the Folau story.

May 06, 2019, 17:14

Please feel free to move this Ed, I have no problem with that whatsoever

May 06, 2019, 17:48

DA, I am on record as agreeing that  that sin is sin and homosexuality is no different than any other in the Bible. The difference is in practice though. The other "sinners" are not demanding that their sin be condoned...or even to be declared not to be a sin. Gay people are going to the courts to force the "NG Kerk" to accept gay marriages and even to marry gay couples. The push-back by Christians are not about being anti gay, it's about refusing to change our belief to accommodate others, including gays. What is next. If paedophilia gets  socially acceptable in 20 years, will we be forced to accept that to.

This whole thing started when Folau was asked his opinion the previous time. It seems that Christians are not allowed opinions. Folau hurt no-one. He hurt a few feelings because he refuses to condone certain behavior. 

May 07, 2019, 02:09

Comparing gay relationships to paedophilia makes no sense.

a) Gay/Lesbian is two consenting adults.
b) Paedophilia is rape and it is having sex with a child.

It is like saying that if Gay marriage was made legal - suddenly rape would be made legal.

To link gay/lesbians to paedophilia can only be done by a simpleton, or by someone that is desperate to win their argument against gay people - that they are making false accusations of association. 

It is all well and good to say that gay is not part of the Christian religion - but the Catholic branch of the Christian Church has been exposed as the biggest Paedophile ring in human history. 
This is rape and child molesting- as well as being gay. 

What is the saying, don't throw stones in glass houses ... If a God did exist, what would it believe to be the worst of these three practices? 

Many of these "priests" are now in jail and the bitches of prison inmates. If God controls everything, he sent them to prison- before hell awaits them. (to join Hansie).

May 07, 2019, 06:03

Shark my comparison was outrageous to get the point across. I can't help if you are to stupid to grasp a simple point. Whoosh!

May 07, 2019, 07:37

Db

What is the difference between a man who lives his life, purely to destroy other people's life, kills many other individuals...….and just before he dies, he goes to church and asks for forgiveness from God.

Then, you have man who has been the absolute gem of a human being, has helped thousands, maybe millions around the world with funding for medical research etc etc, but he is gay, and just before he dies, he asks for forgiveness from God, for living in sin.

What is the distinct difference between these 2 individuals.

They have both sinned their whole life

They have both asked for forgiveness from Jesus

They have both prayed to the same God

Will they both go to heaven?

May 07, 2019, 10:14

Devil, if they are sincere, they will probably both be saved. Heaven is not necessarily the place humans think it is....neither hell or the devil. You are trying to bring fairness into this. What is fair to us humans today wasn't fair a thousand years ago. It is what it is. I'ts like a force of nature. No use in breaking your head about it. We can try and understand it, but we can't change it.

Are you a vegan or vegetarian?:D

May 07, 2019, 11:13

Some say I condemn homosexuality and how terrible that is, so judgemental etc etc. 

They say I judge homesexuality and how dare I do this. 

How absurdly stupid. God Word has consistently condemned homosexuality so all I do is agree with Him. God has Himself warned that homosexuals etc WILL BE JUDGED. Always wise to be in agreement with GOD oaks. Further, those who believe God's Word are required to share what God's Word.

So I congratulate Folau on his great stand against homosexuality and those other sins listed. 

Bye the way God's Word also condemns men wearing women's apparel. Transgenderism is not acceptable. 

The foul stench of all this has to be combatted using God's Word. I really don't give a dot if atheists rage against  God's word. One expects it as they are in Satan's corner.

Nothing will ever stop Christians speaking out and in fact expect more of the same. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness HAS NOT OVERCOME It. 

At bottom your raging against Beeno, Folau, etc is not against Beeno etc. It is against God's Himself as you will to your horror finally find out. 

Now while you yet have breath is the time to turn in repentance, receive Christ as Lord and Savior and be saved. Any other course of action is lunacy on steroids.

Of course ALL homosexuality etc will end when Christ returns. Marriage is between a man and woman. God made them male and female. END OF STORY. ANYTHING ELSE IS AN ABOMINATION. 

May 07, 2019, 14:26

It makes no sense

So anyone can be a CC kinda guy, for their whole life, and still ask for forgiveness at the very last minute and still get to heaven.

Then you get the saint, who helps people his whole life, but is openly gay, but if he repents as well, just before passing on, then all is good with the world.

I can't see any difference at all between CC and this gay guy then..... because both are sinners in my book, who both repented for their sins, and both went to heaven......So, what makes CC any better than the gay man, which he constantly purports to be, because he is a "real"Christian?

This must be the reason why so called wannabe Christians like CC behave the way that they do, because they can just repent every Sunday and then go back to treating their family and friends like dog shit, as soon as they leave the church doors behind them, only to ask for forgiveness next week again.....

What a way to live hey...…. bloody marvelous I say...…….act like a dick this week, and get forgiven next week...… act like a prick the next week, and just ask for forgiveness again..... we see him do it week after week after week on this forum.... LOL...… the easy life of a true Christian..... compared to us athiests…..

I will gladly and loudly say it again..... from all the church sermons you make CC..... and all the bible quotes you put on this forum CC...… and all the Christian beliefs you post CC...… and all the Christian definitions that CC has posted on this board to all the non believers...…….. if he is your definition of a true Christian, as he truly believes and states that he is...…..then God help everyone...… give me an atheist any day.

May 07, 2019, 15:50

What is it that we're supposed to be saved from again?

May 07, 2019, 15:54

It is obvious that when religion was invented they just made up a load of cobblers based on superstition and folk lore with a smattering of other tribes and ended up with the bible.

But as time went on and more and more people started to question the lunacy of parts they had to re write sections and come up with even more crazy answers. What you see today is the result.

Unfortunately for the church as people become more educated and science provides more and more natural answers they find themselves in a situation where they cannot justify it at all, so out comes the old faithful faith as a last ditch effort to stop the rot.

Religion is doomed and the world will be a better place for it

May 07, 2019, 16:53

Religion isn't the problem. Monotheism is. The absurd idea that everybody from all different cultures and backgrounds and histories in the world should believe in the god of a johnny-come-lately middle-eastern civilization.

May 07, 2019, 17:31

Unless it's true? What then?

Can anyone explain why gravity is the way it is? We can observe it, quantify it and predict it, but we don't really know why...we don't even know the fundamentals, but we want to want to talk about fairness/logic of god? 

In the end it's a personal thing and I don't mind what others believe...I even understand the agnostic view, but the issue here is not if God exist or not, it's about the line between freedom of expression and the right of the employer to enforce a certain behavior on employees. 

May 07, 2019, 20:59

Rooitwit besides not believing in God all atheists also have in common is that the they are ALL "FOOLS"

Of the hat fits wear it.

Unfortunately the odd exception prevents me listing many obnoxious things atheists largely have in common. Atheists possibly have their own Justin Marshall type somewhere but have not encountered any. 

The prats here don't inspire much hope. Hahahahaha.  

May 09, 2019, 07:50

Interesting point Db

May 09, 2019, 12:10

I must sound like a stuck record but I personally believe there is a Superior Being, I can't prove that there is one neither can anyone else and no-one can prove that there isn't one either. My belief is based on personal experiences and not on the Bible.

May 09, 2019, 13:11

Spot on :)

May 09, 2019, 13:38

May 09, 2019, 14:02

Okay Denny explain how the Universe created itself from nothing. 

You have be dafter than a hatter to buy that BS. 

Modern science has proved God. All we are doing is mopping up these adequate dumbass darwinism/atheist loons.

No wonder the loons are only 7% of the population of which 200 of the 450 odd million are brain washed Chinese communists.

The rest are mainly Marxist morons and the morraly defunct "progressive" sewer dwellers.

Not people you want to identify with unless you are trying to look as profoundly stupid (FOOLS) as rooitwit, sharktwit and crusadertwit. :D

May 09, 2019, 14:11

Nope, I pass. I'm not going to involve myself in something that I have no need to.

May 09, 2019, 15:16

Spot on Denny, my thoughts are aligned with yours

May 09, 2019, 16:45

Ok Beeno please explain how your God came into existence from nothing.

Should be easy for someone with a hot line to your god. Better still get him to pop down and explain it to me in person.

Oh and if its the old he is eternal and has always been can you explain that as well.

If thats your answer then everything can be eternal. Seems more likely than a majician creating everything out of nothing.

May 09, 2019, 18:02

"Oh and if its the old he is eternal and has always been can you explain that as well.

If thats your answer then everything can be eternal. Seems more likely than a majician creating everything out of nothing."

Not getting between you and Beeno, but correct...The Theory is that God is eternal and is outside of creation. 

The Atheist view was always (and still  is) that the universe is eternal too. If not, something had to cause the beginning. ..and that was not acceptable. 

With Hubble's discovery of bacground radiation, it showed that the universe was still expanding...well I am a bit dodgey on all the detail, but it apparently implied that everything started out of "nothing" 13B years ago. 

I know that Rooi and some other clever people would like to call that "nothing" a singularity, containing everything...  but then the theory starts getting too complicated...and the math, physics and thermodynamics doesn't work quite right either.

That does not mean that God exists, it means we don't understand the science yet.

God is not a wizzard with a wand. He is The Entity who created Nature to do his bidding...and He is the greatest mathematician ever....amazing how everything in the univers fits together like a infinate puzzle .

You need to Log in to reply.