Mampimpi, Frans Steyn and the Bomb Squad

Forum » Rugby » Mampimpi, Frans Steyn and the Bomb Squad

Oct 05, 2019, 20:01

Mapimpi had Frans Steyn on his outside, but he backed himself for the line and scored. 

Frans Steyn called for the ball, and his body language looked like he was frustrated that he did not get the pass to make the touchdown. 

After the game, during celebrations, Twitter is showing Mapimpi turning, then walking in the opposite direction. There are claims that Frans Steyn waved him away, but I can't see that. 

Steyn Mampimpi

I don't see any race motivations. A professional sportsperson can be arrogant so there is going to be some conflict between players, does not mean race is of any relevance here.

Oct 05, 2019, 20:08

I am afraid Mapimpi was correct - passing the ball to Steyn could likely  lead to anything bar the scoring of a try,  Steyn has no idea about the game - he could have knocked the ball on made stupid dribble kick or do another silly like he used to do for years and that would have been the end of the try scoring opportunity,     

Oct 05, 2019, 20:58

CM you are sounding more and more like a DEMORAT with respect to Frans,

Get over it Fransie is in the squad if you don't approve you are free to not watch the game.

Just sit back pour a big Scotch, turn on the TV and tune into the program "Loving Life" on Utube.

You will actually see what is happening around you.........then my friend you can really and truly start complaining, posting and bitching.

But please not on this site.

Cheers.

Oct 05, 2019, 21:15

AJ, bashing Fat Fransie is one of  a few pleasures Oom Maaik has left in life...let him have it.:D

Oct 05, 2019, 21:20

Man those comments are sick. Do you guys really think like that about each other? If that is the case, south Africa is a truly fucked up place. 

Oct 05, 2019, 22:11

Your last sentence is actually spot on and it has been for some time now.

Oct 05, 2019, 22:15

C@MB

What comments?

I

Oct 05, 2019, 22:19

SA is indeed a fucked place - but for reasons other than comments on this site.  It is a case of Adieu Africa, 

Oct 05, 2019, 22:23

Clarification of this incident here

‘Basically what happens after each game is that we shake hands with the opposition. As we were completing the handshakes, the bomb squad was coming together to do their call or chant.

‘As I was walking towards them I realised that they were about to do their call, and that I wasn’t part of it, so I decided that I needed to move away.

Oct 05, 2019, 22:30

And by the way, against Namibia it was Gelant who decided to score himself with Frans outside, not Mapimpi.

Oct 05, 2019, 23:49

Frans Steyn should start at 12.

he is our only all-round 12 in the country.

he kicks well, passes well, defends well and can take the ball up.

he may not be very quick, but neither are any of our other 12's and neither is SBW for that matter!

Neither was Will Greenwood!

Oct 05, 2019, 23:52

Bok wing Makazole Mapimpi has explained that he was not part of a post-match celebration huddle due purely to the fact that it was a ritual for the bench players known as the ‘bomb squad’.

Following the Boks’ win over Italy on Friday, a video went viral on social media showing certain players gathering in a group huddle, while Mapimpi walks away.

Many people jumped to conclusions on social media, suggesting Mapimpi had not been included based on racial reasons. However, Mapimpi responded to say that he had seen the video doing the rounds, and emphatically set the record straight.

‘We have players who we call the “bomb squad”, who generally come off the bench in the second half or whatever time in the game. They have their own calls and their own spirit as the bomb squad.

‘Basically what happens after each game is that we shake hands with the opposition. As we were completing the handshakes, the bomb squad was coming together to do their call or chant.

‘As I was walking towards them I realised that they were about to do their call, and that I wasn’t part of it, so I decided that I needed to move away.

‘I wasn’t part of it, but there was nothing wrong there with what they were doing – we are united as a team.’

Oct 06, 2019, 00:30

If you search on Twitter for Springboks, there is so many people dying to find anything racist about white people. Unbelievable. 

Oct 06, 2019, 00:53

Frans Steyn should start at 12.

Agreed. At 32 years of age he is no slower than Dud Allende.

Oct 07, 2019, 15:29

Eish Michael

So this is all Steyn's fault again...….

Let me guess Michael...…. are you also buying into all this hype that the white players deliberately and intentionally made a racist gesture, to not include Mapimpi in their celebrations, because he is black or because he did not pass the ball to Steyn...…..

LMFAO !!

All of those white players in that group were substitutions that came on during the game...… known as the bomb squad...…… and it is a internal team policy and joke.....

Erasmus has denied any racist behavior...… Mapimpi himself has also denied any racist behavior...… but you go on and believe what the hell you want to...…..

It's fucking amazing how some innocent and basic and very simple actions, are now turned into some racial incidents these days.....

This, is the very real danger of social media as well...…. compared to in the past......…...fuck all context is ever taken into account, and people just take it at face value, and that's where it becomes dangerous...…… it is precisely like a kangaroo court, where people get too caught up in the hype, to think rationally.  

Oct 07, 2019, 16:00

Listen to these fucking idiots saying Frans should start at 12 and that he is no slower than de Allende

WOW!!!

Oct 07, 2019, 16:13

Frans caught the Namibian 13 from behind.......he certainly doesn't look fast but he shifts quite nicely.....and he doesn't give up as Dud did against NZ, when Goodhue gassed him.

Oct 07, 2019, 16:48

Bullshit Frans is an absolute carthorse who can’t beat a defender other than run straight over him and as the Argie 12 demonstrated old man Frans lacks the agility to get into position and effect a tackle and then went on to show just how slow he is attempting to chase the Argie

The guy is a complete liability should not be anywhere near the squad let alone match 23

Oct 07, 2019, 17:05

Which guy....Elton?

Oct 07, 2019, 17:20

Dave

You have Jarhead being totally devoid of thinking when he suggested that Steyn play at 12 for the Springboks,  That is after Montpellier moved him from 12 to full back and then refused to renew his contract with him.  That would not have happen if  Steyn was any good at flyhalf or Center.  Steyn did the absolute minimum on the few games he played in and there is nothing in what he achieved against the minnows that indicates he is a test center at all.  

It reminds me of what was written about Morne when  he was the bench player for Stade Francais, and some on site swear he was on par with Carter.   It is always easy to identify idiocy on site,

Strzok repeats his lies endlessly on site and the blaming of De Allende in catching up with Goodhue n tackling him is a physical impossibility as the case was and the habitual liar keep on  about it.   Remember how Comey aka Pakie tried to blame Du Toit for both the two tries scored by the AB's in the Round 1 SA game.  Typical of him and his companion Strzok,           

Oct 07, 2019, 21:49

Frans was the better carrier but Damian made the better passes (something he doesnt really do usually). Which attribute is better for the Bok game? I say the harder carries. Frans is obciously not the powerful man he used to be but he aint no scrub either. This team is built for power play and defence and you need guys in the centres who can back that style up. If Rassie went another way I might be saying something different but it is what it is. 

Oct 07, 2019, 21:54

Oh what horse shit Frans has had no effect carrying while de Allende certainly has

Oct 07, 2019, 22:03

Damian has had some good carries off first phase but Frans is the better carrier overall and most likely to make a clean break. Against the Kiwis there was an attack out wide when Damian had the ball and he didnt pick up the runners arund him. He should have passed that ball but took the contact. That was the Bokkies chance to win the game. I'm surprised nobody is talking about this. This is that kind of instance where Frans does have some value. Call it BMT or whatever but Damian doesnt have it. It's already made your campaign a hell of a lot harder. Plus Damian doesnt rush well out of the line. That's kind of important to the way the Boks play under Rassie. I think Rassie is thinking sort of the same way on this. 

Oct 07, 2019, 22:17

Listen here you ignorant twit, there is no way Frans is going to make a clean break if he does not have the pace to beat a defender. His only weapon is running over a player which is not going to happen

Wake the fuck up it’s tiresome reading such shit

Oct 07, 2019, 22:21

He made one against Australia and the same Argies that really should have beaten your lot. He can offload as well as kick. I dont think any of your centres areworld class but you gotta work with what you got and Damian really stuffed up in that biggest moment in what is really the biggest game of your campaign! 

Is it as tiresome as you reaching around to wipe your fat ass? Yeah, I heard about that figure of yours. hahahahah!

Oct 07, 2019, 22:33

Bullshit he has not made a single clean break beating defenders.

The only thing that happened in the Argie test was the Argie 12 slipping past old man Frans with ease because he was not agile enough to get into position to effect the tackle and then his attempted chase thereafter was embarrassing

Our centres are amongst the best in the business.

Yours on the other hand are bog ordinary other than Tuilagi who unfortunately is never fit.

Francis is just plain shit. Joseph and Slade are little men who spend their lives getting bullied at test level.

Your centres are crap

Oct 07, 2019, 22:40

Your centres are shit Saffex. Our centres cut your rejects to pieces. I remember Damian running like a carthorse all day against us for zero effect. Nothing from Kriel. Your puny little centres were outplayed by Italy!!! Hahhahahah!!! 

When you can string more than one stupid predictable pass off first receiver then we can talk. Your the most boring team in the whole competition. You couldnt score a try against a real team if they walked off the pitch and let you have a free open field run. You'd knock on or throw another stupid fucking dumbass forward pass, or better yet, run yourselves into the touchline take the ruck and kick it out!!! 

Man you are easy pickings. What is a Saffex anyways?? You defecting? Thats fucking wierd. I support South Africa but I'm an ex South African these days. Heres a tip mate, double your dosage! 

Oct 07, 2019, 22:51

Listen here you ignorant prick we keep beating you because you are our bunnies.

De Allende and Kriel ripped you to shreds.

Kriel beat Slade one on one with ease

Your centres are either boring as shit like Francis or too small and average like Joseph and Slade

Your centres are so shit you have your 10 playing 12

Oct 07, 2019, 22:55

Acutally cutey pie, we have beaten your sorry asses the last two games and three of the last 5. Your behind the times. 

Our game is so much more sophisticated that we have a ball playing 12 instead of a carthorse. rassie wishes he could do the same because he keeps going back to Pawlard at 12. 

Picked your pocket again. Too bad it as filled with empty sweet wrappers and lint. Next time I'll leave you a tenner and you can buy yourself a Slim Fast. 

Oct 07, 2019, 23:08

You had not beaten us in over a decade as you are so shit.

We ripped you to shreds in SA then played our B side in the last test you won

Last time we played you we dominated you like no tomorrow

You are our bunnies have always been

Your players are as average as they come bar the odd player

SA has far superior players which we will prove this WC

But back to the point your centres are a joke, worst set of centres of the 4N’s

Oct 07, 2019, 23:10

Farrell is ball playing is he.....bwhaaahaaa what a joke

What exactly has he done of note at 12

A big fat zero except the odd illegal high tackle

Oct 07, 2019, 23:16

Bitch, the hell you talking about? You took us to Fort Altitude (Elis Park) and we put 5 tries on your asses. You bitches had to come from behind twice nd we beat you in the rain. That rain made it more even because you cant run the ball for shit. B team excuse is bullshit. Making it worse is that we got better, you got worse. Dont believe me check out the IRB rankings pal. 

You have the worst midfield of the top 15 teams in world rugby easy. The only team that cant move the ball at all through the hands. Bitch, even little teams like Japan and USA can run the ball. Your little rejects got shown up by Italy. You better get down on your hands and knees tonight and repent for posting that stupid shit. Say, Oh God, I beat my chest so bad I'm gonna look like a little bitch in a couple of games. Please dont let us play England because then shit is gonna fly back into my face and I cant look like a big man in front of all my internet friends who think I am greasy fat fuck. Amen. 

Oct 07, 2019, 23:22

We beat you with ease in the first two tests in SA then played our B side as we had won the series with ease - FACT

We then came here and dominated you only to be cheated out of a win when your habitual offender hit Esterhuizen so high it was a joke but no penalty was awarded

You bunch of cheats

We own you you are our bunnies

Oct 07, 2019, 23:29

I love it when the head on the wall talks smack. funny guy. Two test winning streak. How the fuck can you beat us with ease when you conceded FIVE tries in the first game? You got lucky bitch. Had to do another comeback in the second. Two tries apiece. I bet the numbers say we had the better attack. Then Twickenham, running all that ball for nothing. Embarrassing. I knew at that moment Bok rugby was dead. Like watching a fucking cripple try to hit a pinata. hahahahaha!!

Goodluck talking all that shit Ex-South African. Shits about to get real when you face Japan again! 

Oct 07, 2019, 23:32

Listen here you ignorant prick - how many times have you beaten us in the last 15 outings

Take your time, no deflection little man just a simple answer will do

Yeah you got off to great starts in both the tests in SA but were too shit to keep pace. We just dominated and beat you like the little bunnies you are

Oct 07, 2019, 23:40

The last 15 is stretching shit you befuddled oaf. Who has won the last two tests???? When's the last time you beat us outside of South Africa?? 2014??? Looking back a long way to prop up your bullshit argument. 

Bitch you clawed your way back in your own backyard. 5 tries conceded at fort Ellis Park, altitude. That's embarrassing. The most overrated defence in world rugby carrying the worst attack in world rugby. Big dumb motherfuckers with kicking midgets.

Oct 07, 2019, 23:41

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rugby_union_matches_between_England_and_South_Africa

Summary[edit]

Overall[edit]

DetailsPlayedWon by
 England
Won by
 South Africa
DrawnEngland pointsSouth Africa points
In England2210111376349
In South Africa164111289437
Neutral venue413052101
Overall4215252717887

No.DateVenueScoreWinnerCompetition
18 December 1906Crystal PalaceLondon3 – 3  Draw1906-07 South Africa rugby union tour
24 January 1913Twickenham, London3 – 9 South Africa1912-13 South Africa rugby union tour
32 January 1932Twickenham, London0 – 7 South Africa1931-32 South Africa rugby union tour
45 January 1952Twickenham, London3 – 8 South Africa1951-52 South Africa rugby union tour
57 January 1961Twickenham, London0 – 5 South Africa1960-61 South Africa rugby union tour of Europe
620 December 1969Twickenham, London11 – 8 England1969-70 South Africa rugby union tour
73 June 1972Ellis ParkJohannesburg9 – 18 England1972 England rugby union tour of South Africa
82 June 1984Boet Erasmus StadiumPort Elizabeth33 – 15 South Africa1984 England rugby union tour of South Africa
99 June 1984Ellis Park, Johannesburg35 – 9 South Africa
1014 November 1992Twickenham, London33 – 16 England
114 June 1994Loftus VersfeldPretoria15 – 32 England1994 England rugby union tour of South Africa
1211 June 1994NewlandsCape Town27 – 9 South Africa
1318 November 1995Twickenham, London14 – 24 South Africa
1429 November 1997Twickenham, London11 – 29 South Africa
154 July 1998Newlands, Cape Town18 – 0 South Africa
165 December 1998Twickenham, London13 – 7 England
1724 October 1999Stade de FranceParisFrance21 – 44 South Africa1999 Rugby World Cup
1817 June 2000Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria18 – 13 South Africa2000 England rugby union tour of South Africa
1924 June 2000Free State StadiumBloemfontein22 – 27 England
202 December 2000Twickenham, London25 – 17 England
2124 November 2001Twickenham, London29 – 9 England
2223 November 2002Twickenham, London53 – 3 England2002 Autumn Internationals
2318 October 2003Subiaco OvalPerthAustralia25 – 6 England2003 Rugby World Cup
2420 November 2004Twickenham, London32 – 16 England2004 Autumn Internationals
2518 November 2006Twickenham, London23 – 21 England2006 South Africa rugby union tour of Ireland and England
2625 November 2006Twickenham, London14 – 25 South Africa
2726 May 2007Free State StadiumBloemfontein58 – 10 South Africa2007 England rugby union tour of South Africa
282 June 2007Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria55 – 22 South Africa
2914 September 2007Stade de France, Paris, France0 – 36 South Africa2007 Rugby World Cup pool match
3020 October 2007Stade de France, Paris, France6 – 15 South Africa2007 Rugby World Cup Final
3122 November 2008Twickenham, London6 – 42 South Africa2008 Autumn International
3227 November 2010Twickenham, London11 – 21 South Africa2010

Oct 07, 2019, 23:42

339 June 2012Kings ParkDurban22 – 17 South Africa2012 mid-year rugby test series
3416 June 2012Ellis ParkJohannesburg36 – 27 South Africa
3523 June 2012Nelson Mandela Bay StadiumPort Elizabeth14 – 14  Draw
3624 November 2012Twickenham, London15 – 16 South Africa2012 Autumn International
3715 November 2014Twickenham, London28 – 31 South Africa2014 Autumn International
3812 November 2016Twickenham, London37 – 21 England2016 Autumn International
399 June 2018Ellis Park StadiumJohannesburg42 – 39 South Africa2018 England rugby union tour of South Africa
4016 June 2018Free State StadiumBloemfontein23 – 12 South Africa
4123 June 2018Newlands StadiumCape Town10 – 25 England
423 November 2018Twickenham StadiumLondon12 – 11 England2018 Autumn International

Oct 07, 2019, 23:44

Elton Jantjies had his worst test ever last year in Capetown, and handed England the game on a platter. However, this was not the a-team. The series had already been won, and this was a chance to give the dirt trackers a run. 

Oct 07, 2019, 23:46

It's a simple question... who has won the last two tests? Who has won the most of the last five? When was the last time the Bokkies beat England outside of South Africa? Nobody asked when the Bokkies beat England in the 20s, 30s or 40s etc. Whose the boss right now?? England. England owns your scalp. We have the winning trend right now and we are favourites to win this thing, not you. You dont stand a chance or a prayer of winning the World Cup. The less shit talking the easier it'll be when the Bokkies get dumped like a dirty hoe.

Oct 07, 2019, 23:47

Just as I thought you little coward - all deflection no substance to you.

You beat our B side in the last test in SA - fact

Then you cheated in your last test in England thanks to no penalty and red card being awarded against your cheating Farell against Esterhuizen

But I’ll help you bunny supporter - in the last 15 the mighty Boks have won 11, the bunnies 3 and one drawn

Ouch talk about being owned you poor little things

Oct 07, 2019, 23:50

Two test winning streak and we beat you away last year. Owners of the Bokkies. Saffex, you are way too easy. Owned like a squealing bitch. Anyways, as much as this little talk is the highlight of your pathetic life I have a busy day tomorrow. Laters.

Oct 07, 2019, 23:51

You are a little pathetic coward - a common Pommy trait

We own you bunnies - it’s embarrassingly one sided

Run off now you little worm

Oct 08, 2019, 00:07

Yes, the pommies have been our bitches from the very beginning. 

The last world cup hosted in England, the poms got knocked out in opening rounds. It was clear that a proper coach was needed, and Eddie Jones became their saviour. 

They were lucky at first because the Boks had 2 years of Alister Coetzee, who let's face it, is not an international standard coach. Rassie should have been given the job from the outset to have a 4-year cycle but was able to beat England with about 1 weeks training. The third match was Jantjies and the b-team contenders 

Run along back to the construction site at me :D

Oct 08, 2019, 00:20

Yep and the pathetic Poms have yet to win a series. We have 4 series wins against our poor little bunnies

Oct 08, 2019, 05:08

In the meantime the Club rugby in NH clubs have reached to the stars importing SH players from SA, New Zealand, Australia, Argentina and the Pacific Islands,.harming the development of local players and then they wonder why the present English WC squad of 31 contains 8 players not borne in the UK and initially found their feet in Rugby outside of England.

You need to Log in to reply.