Mighty Crusaders make it 13

Forum » Rugby » Mighty Crusaders make it 13

Jun 18, 2022, 16:10

Crusaders put in one hell of game, dominated all 80 minutes. 

Blues have to be disappointed with that, can't decide if it was the pressure we put them under or finals footy overawed them.

Still a great game from my point of view, it's just a pity we weren't playing a Super 12 tournament with SA.

Think we will all lose something because of this.

Jun 18, 2022, 16:33

Congrats...I was hoping for Blues win, but alas, not to be....

"Think we will all lose something because of this."

INDEED!

Jun 18, 2022, 17:59

The Crusaders have always been one of my favourite teams, even from early days...only thing I have perhaps in common with Crusaderfan...overall the most exciting and successful franchise ever. I never forget the game they had at Twickers against another of my favourite sides , the Sharks, which was a great side then too, but they took the Sharkies in a foreign land. The Crusties could play anywhere...did not matter. The Sharks in those days were the best travellers of all SA franchises, the Bulls the worse except at Loftus where mostly every side struggled to beat them.

Cannot remember if the Bull's ever played the Crusaders in Pretoria...maybe someone could enlighten me.

Jun 18, 2022, 18:30

We lost a semi there I think, in the dark days when blackadder was coach.

I still remember  the day I was at Lancaster Park playing the bulls and the solitary  bulls supporter was sitting next to me and they were down by 60 points and he yelled out come on bulls you can do it, my type of supporter. We had a great chat after the game and he wS a top guy. 

I love that type of supporter, no matter what he loved his team. Man after my own hert

Jun 18, 2022, 18:36

Early to mid 200os I think, good old days

Jun 19, 2022, 01:06

Yes we all loose....what a pity...so curious to know how sa teams, especially Stormers & Bulls, would have matched up against the NZ + OZ teams ..I think we would have done better now, given that we have beaten the AB a couple of times lately....hope we can do better against OZ this year, and break the hoodoo hanging over us there.

Jun 19, 2022, 09:42

The URC can be the start of a more Global competition...the crossing of hemispheres was less of a problem than crossing 8hour plus time zones...who knows what can happen in the future? Would love a way for us to still be able to play the best of Aussie and NZ.

Jun 19, 2022, 10:29

Looking back to 2011 on the game I mentioned, it is very apparent of what is missing...this is champagne rugby...one of the best I've ever seen and at Twickenham.

Boy, we lost but there was no sour taste, the Sharks were brilliant but the 'Saders outstanding.

Nothing can beat this:

https://youtu.be/JYUzYspi8lY

Guildford had a humdinger.

PS For Ol Mike...Willem Alberts got the first try for the Sharks :D

Jun 19, 2022, 12:26

Must have been by accident - Alberts was never a loosie and too slow and heavy to be a lock.   His open-field defense was non-existent.    

As to the Crusaders congrats to them.   I am missing Super Rugby badly - but think it is a goner due to New Zealand decision to exclude South Africa participation.   The financial lose will always be NZ Rugby and that is where it will bite back New Zealand in future.                  

You need to Log in to reply.