Moz your take on Kitshoff

Forum » Rugby » Moz your take on Kitshoff

Jul 08, 2019, 11:29

Is reduced to mockery here. I fail to understand your take on Kitshoff when you used to be a fan. A prop does not regress with age

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/super-rugby-team-of-the-season

Jul 08, 2019, 11:50

Dave

You must know that Mozart's take on players are based on prejudice,  In the cricket WC he now blames De Kock for SA not reaching the semi-finals - while the real failure was Amla and some of the bowlers.   His attacks on Du Toit have been unabated and going for 6 years now,

I think as soon as you or I mention a player he goes o an offensive against that player and start giving them derogatory nicknames - what he writes about players and what really happens in reality is vastly different.

Remember his main picks for the 2015 were all the failures in that' series and  he and Ao is onto the same BS again.        

Jul 08, 2019, 12:39

Kitshoff has been slightly off the boil but saving  himself for the RWC. 

No question he will be in the squad and the number 1 loose head unless Beast really sparks. 

I am not as pessimistic as some about us doing well at RWC. The big proviso is injuries. Of course another Bryce Lawrence could also sink us. The IRB fired Lawrence from their panel of elite refs as an example to others so hopefully we will not encounter this again. 

Jul 08, 2019, 14:56

Read the team.....a number of poor selections. Reece on the wing is an awful defender. Jordan and Masirewa are cute choices, not serious ones.

I do agree with Kerevi though.....a powerhouse who gave us early warnings about the fragility of Allende.

On to Kitshoff.....the writer should look at his own RPI score. Kitshoff is ranked fifth behind Gqoboka, Dylan Smith, Moody and the Beast.

But the RPI system doesn't work that well for scrumming where Kitshoff is a serial disappointment. Scrums are won by power looseheads, Kitshoff almost never forces scrum dominance.

Moody did in the Super final and forced key penalties and turnovers....showing just how devastating the loosehead can be and contributing significantly to the win.

Among the South African looseheads it was pretty much a push with Smith probably the best on balance.

Jul 08, 2019, 15:53

Bullshit Kitshoff was as strong as ever in the scrums if anything we saw less of his taking the ball up but I guess that had something to do with the captaincy.

Nothing wrong with the writers side. He might not have it 100% right but anyone listed is hardly going to make the list of failures this season which is where you have Kitshoff which is complete bullshit.

Kitshoff is one of the best loosehead in the game certainly better than Moody or Beast

Jul 08, 2019, 16:18

That's your subjective opinion......the objective view from RPI says the opposite. And Kitshoff is a neutral scrummager......never a dominant scrummager. Which means our scrums vs the ABs will be a neutral. Which is a big concession because it's potentially one of the few areas we can dominate.

Jul 08, 2019, 16:40

Idiot opinion is back in force above,   In the last game of the Reds against the Stormers De Allmde made 6 tackles and missed 1 - Kerevi made 4 tackles missing 3.       .   

Jul 08, 2019, 16:45

So the newspaper reports of RPI is now the gospel.  Another freak attack instead of using real stats from ESPN.    We went through the RPI story last year and it turn out that club plyaers get higher ratings than Super Rugby level players and their general one have club players ahead of test players in their "rankings".   The idiocy is supreme in using that collection of journalist opinions instead of objective assessments. .      

Jul 08, 2019, 16:54

Sure and Kerevi made 101 metres , beat 7 tackles, made 3 clean breaks and 2 offloads.....to Allende's 52 metres, 4 beaten tackles, 2 clean breaks and 2 offloads.

Schplotttt!!!

Jul 08, 2019, 17:04

Kitshoff's works outside the scrum this season was average to poor, at least compared to other seasons - like last year.

Jul 08, 2019, 17:12

Kitshoff is not a neutral scrummager he is a dominant one, has always been. I don’t need stupid stats to tell me that. We dominated the AB scrum last year therefore there is no reason we won’t again this year

Your take on Kitshoff is completely wrong

Jul 08, 2019, 17:36

I see Dave still has his head firmly lodged. 

The most dominant SA loosehead this season was without a doubt Dylan Smith. I've been calling for his inclusion the last two seasons now.

Kitshoff had a poor season this year and on merit should not be in the mix.

Having said that ... he is a vastly superior scrummager than the elderly Beast.

I wouldn't have either of them in my squad,

Jul 08, 2019, 17:54

Oh bullshit Smith started the season well but got his arse kicked for the rest of the season.

He is not big enough for higher honours. Never smelt the Bok squad and rightly so

Jul 09, 2019, 07:26

Kits wasn't bad, he was average. I don't think he'll let the team down, but he has some stiff competition. There are at least four props ahead of him, props who have been ahead of him throughout the SXV. 

Jul 10, 2019, 00:52

4 props ahead of him - what utter horseshit

Jul 10, 2019, 01:50

Gqoboka, Smith and Beast were ahead of him all season. Of the non-Saffers, Moody.

Jul 10, 2019, 06:17

Dave

Don't worry about AO.  He dreams up what happen in matches and then tells us it is factual.  Farcical idiot that one.

Jul 10, 2019, 06:53

Really?

1. Like the Willemse intercept that didn't happen in the Salta test he did but didn't play in?
  2. Or the Andre who lost the Brisbane test we won is South Africa?
  3. Or the try Morné conceded in Dunedin after he was subbed by Goosen?
  4. Or the two tries Du Preez conceded in the England test of 2005, yet 2004, which had nothing to do with him?
  5. Or the try that Morné supposedly gave up at Ellis Park in 2013 as JJ had his arms on Barrett, who ran in his direction away from Morné?
  6. Or all the runs New Zealand directed at Morné in the same test?
  7. Or the gaff surrounding Damian's defence on Nonu in the WC?
  8. Or you blaming Bissie for Lood's poor fringe defence against Argentina?
  9. Or you blaming Andre for the loss to England (x2) and Wales earlier in the year?
  10. Or you denying the three turnovers Louw made against France last November?
  11. You disputing Louw's carry against Los Pumas last year. The dispute over rolling. :D
  12. Jake White dropping Morné for the 2007 WC as punishment for his aimless kicks in the 2012 RC. 
  13. The Sharks coach dropping Andre as punishment because he was angry with him. 
  14. Morné joining PSG to play soccer. 
  15. The Morné who stuffed up in a loss to Krasny Yar, yet wasn't even on the bench? Your man Plisson was the stuff up.
  16. The Fourie who was a defensive liability on 2013's EOYT who made 100% of his tackles across the entire tour. 
  17. The slow and fat Du Preez who was too out of shape for test rugby after a time in Japan who came back in better shape than 2007's WC.
  18. Faf's slow passing which impeded Damian in last year's Brisbane test. Yet he received fast front-foot ball on every carry!
  19. Steph didn't miss a single tackle in the Wellington win. Only for me to post a video showing scores of defensive lapses and weak tackles. You dubbed him "greatest ever Bok" after that test. 

I could go on and on. There's almost one incident for every test. 

Jul 10, 2019, 09:45

Listen  - non of the incidents you refer to as being mentioned by me is actually factual - they are ads dim as you are dofdoos/

All are twisted beyond belief and that is the same way you write about rugby performances/  Most fo what I wrote is factual and the twisting and turning out of the things as mentioned by yuou is normal AO dim style.

Just one thing - yes they tried to run at Morne all the time because his defense was total SHIT for years,     

Jul 10, 2019, 13:53

They ran at him twice, and he made both tackles. In one tackle, he held Nonu up, turned him around and exposed the ball for a strip. Candy from a baby! 

Jul 10, 2019, 16:02

I counted three tests where Morne missed 16 tackles - the test against the AB/s in 2013 = 4

a test against the  French             = 5

Perth test in 2014                        =  7

Excellent defensive record according to the biggest idiot on site,                     

Jul 10, 2019, 19:34

Wow Augie......what a put down for the Tokster.....I'd forgotten some of those classics. But you missed the terrible test Adi Jacobs had against Oz when he wasn't playing.

Tokkie. ......A History of Lying.

Jul 10, 2019, 21:24

Indeed! I'm amazed he still has support. I can't think of any other environment that would let someone off the hook with these. :D

@MarbelessMike: Why do you do this to yourself? I covered all of those tests. The All Black test you mention was covered at least five times. Each and every one of those misses were scrambling tackles from behind. He did a lot of work that day, however. Covering for Alberts, Duane, Habana and a couple of others who missed their man. He made two try saving tackles on cover defence. He never missed his man once and bravely held up three forwards on his own fighting a certain try. He put his body on the line for the Boks and this is the thanks he gets. Slandered and misrepresented. 

The Aussie test was an interesting one. He made three genuinely poor tackles. The one that stands out most in my mind was an over-zealous rush after a kick downfield. He passively allowed Folau to run outside-in and lost control of the situation, being beaten inside. There were some harder reads on the other two, having trouble with double runners. The Wallabies spread the Boks out and worked on the space between 10-12. The Boks struggled with that for most of the game. He did have his highlights too though, such as his crunching tackle on Toomua in the Wallaby 22. Better support and it's a clean turnover and try. He set the backs away well, getting Willie on the edge of the defence, setting up a try. Not his best test by any means though. 

You need to Log in to reply.