My 3 Board All Time Classics

Forum » Rugby » My 3 Board All Time Classics

Feb 15, 2021, 20:13

There have been many classic moments on the Boards we have frequented. Here are my 3 favourites for a wintry morning:

* Number 3......Morne Steyn’s selection to Paris St-Germain.... .Ou Maaik

* Number 2.... the Zinedine ZeDone and Dusted moment, where just after Rooipeepie declared him the GOAT....ZeDone head butted the Italian and took France out of the WC.

* Number 1.....the best spelling mistake ever, when somebody described himself as waiting with “baited breath”......Anonymous.

Feel free to add to the list.

Feb 15, 2021, 20:35

1. Peter Engledow
  2. Hennie Leroux's shoulder
  3. CleverMike saying Pollard is not a good prospect and looked like Morne Steyn

Feb 15, 2021, 21:35

Peter Engledow?

Feb 15, 2021, 21:41

"Peter Engledow?"

Wehe . . . Moffie must have been asleep . . . or off his meds.

Bet he's wishing he hadn't started this spiteful and very juvenile thread . . . in the wrong section nogal!

LMAO!

Feb 15, 2021, 21:58

No the right section....it refers to the Boards. The Rugby Board is included and therefore Peepie, it is entirely appropriate.

Feb 15, 2021, 22:51

Sharktwat what is your issue with Pete Engledow you fucking idiot

It’s Hennie Le Roux fuckwit and had nothing to do with his shoulder at all

Get your facts straight you dumb fuck

Trying to be clever on here but too fucking stupid to get the facts straight

Feb 15, 2021, 23:00

Anything to do with Saffex’s mumalicious.

Feb 16, 2021, 00:30

Hold there’s this all time classic:

‘The Boks have two chances at the WC, slim and none, and Slim just left town after Spies got injured.’ Rooipeepie  in early mouth mode before Jake took the 2007WC.

Horribly wrong about the Boks’ chances and horribly, naively wrong about Spies.

Feb 16, 2021, 10:37

Mozart

Nothing can ever be compared with the misrepresentations on what happened in rugby and cricket games on site - there are hundreds of examples of those.   

Feb 16, 2021, 19:15

Just imagine how much more fun life would have been if you had a sense of humour Tokkie. Sadly you are one of those  unhappy men who literally miss 50% of human discourse. 

Feb 17, 2021, 12:01

Board classics?

1. Morne being dropped for the 2007 WC because Jake didn't believe he was good enough for test rugby. 
  2. Goosen's defence thread was quite amusing (https://www.ruckersforum.com/forum/sun-tzu/rugby-championship-2012--johan-goosen-defence/7992)

Feb 17, 2021, 12:03

I miss nothing and especially not when you distort as to what happens in matches,   However, I am normally a happy person - but you have no idea what a hell-on-earth the country is going through.   And then we have Eskom who cut the electricity for 12 hours yesterday, 

Anyway for me the site is sheer amusement and my squabbles with Mozart and AO  are great  fun.   :D:D:D   

Feb 17, 2021, 15:03

Omlett and Omellete together again.

Now here is a board classic . . . Moffie and the DimSum/ Alucard/ DesertFool/ GonzotheGimp/ Lestat/ Carpetmuncher/ Ek complex telling other people respectively they have "omlett" (sic) and "omellette" (sic) on their faces and neither one can actually spell the word.

LMAO!

You'll struggle to top that one!

Feb 17, 2021, 17:08

Kindergarten Imbecile 

Your lack of any knowledge of anything relating to rugby is tragic but in fact   extremely finny as well.   

Feb 17, 2021, 19:19

Well Mike I’m sorry you chaps are having a hard time. I was in RSA when this Escom thing became an issue.....very depressing. Plus all the other stuff. 

But don’t expect any quarter on the Board....that wouldn’t be any fun.

Feb 21, 2021, 23:24

Add this one to the list....from that great source of early mouth....the Oom:

Seb

I saw Djokovic play him in the round robin match in the End Of Year Championship in London last year,   Medvedev won 6-3, 6-3 and  he will beat  Djokovic in three sets.

Both Medvedev and Rublev are great gentlemen and both are good ambassadors for Russia.   Love to watch them play tennis.      

Just a pity you only watched Medvedev for 3 sets.

Feb 22, 2021, 07:36

Mozart

For some reason Medvedev's  service went haywire and he could very rarely serve an ace,     In there  previous match in the 2020 End of Year Championship Medvedev wiped the floor with Djokovic and you were dead quiet about that one.   Alsoi dead quiet when he was beaten in Vienna by Sonego - ever heard of that player.    After winning 19 matches  iin a row and that include beating Djokovic badly I went on form.  

No Mozart - you got classics all wrong - I have laughed about -

*    Your excuses for Matfield in three  games against the AB;s when he buggered up line-outs on SA throw-ins and the turnaround penalty he gave away in the WC semi; as well as

*    Your excuse for Steyn missing a routine tackle on Tait in the 2007 WC final.

Those were real classics coming from a mindless rugby idiot.      

Feb 22, 2021, 07:36

Mozart

For some reason Medvedev's  service went haywire and he could very rarely serve an ace,     In there  previous match in the 2020 End of Year Championship Medvedev wiped the floor with Djokovic and you were dead quiet about that one.   Alsoi dead quiet when he was beaten in Vienna by Sonego - ever heard of that player.    After winning 19 matches  iin a row and that include beating Djokovic badly I went on form.  

No Mopart - you got classics all wrong - o have laughed about -

*    Your excuses for Matfield in three  games against the AB;s when he buggered up line-outs on SA throw-ins and the turnaround penalty he gave away in the WC semi; as well as

*    Your excuse for Steyn missing a routine tackle on Tait in the 2007 WC final.

Those were real classics coming from a mindless rugby idiot.      

Feb 22, 2021, 11:51

Someone left the Cake out in the Rain 8-)

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/76727003/someone-left-the-cake-out-in-the-rain-but-who.jpg

Feb 22, 2021, 12:12

There was the thread where Lügnerin announced he was leaving the board, that was funny. Or the one where he claimed to have been hacked, and someone posted the errant information that made him look a fool. That was even funnier. Good times, it's the laughs that keep me coming back for more. I especially like it when Not-Mozart follows Mozart around, a hilarious gaff is never far away! :D

Feb 22, 2021, 16:16

The Kindergarten Imbecile  and Mozart has one thing in common - they know nothing about rugby and always right BS on site,  

Feb 22, 2021, 17:54

For ‘some reason’ Medvedev’s serve went haywire.......waaaaaahahaha. I’ll tell you why, ignoramus....because after the Joker at 33 had run his tired 25 year old legs from the backhand corner to the forehand and back corner twice in every point he was done after the first set.

Medvedev stayed in the rallies in the first set but he was finished at the end of it... while the Joker set up camp mid court and waited for the scrambling Russian to feed him.

Poor old Medvedev could’t even get his toss up high enough, he was so beaten up. At the only point where there was a bit of tension the Joker brilliantly slipped a lob volley over his opponent. The match ended there.

Feb 22, 2021, 18:12

Here’s another bit of Oom brillliance...

Djokovic is like Federer and Nadal suffering from advancing years of age,     He won against Sverev who suffered from stage fright and then had a rather dubious semi against Karatsev.    He will use injury as an excuse for losing against  Medvedev.        

Hilarious!

Feb 22, 2021, 18:30

Medvedev has beaten Djokovic before....twice.Mozart.

They have great respect for each others game. It just was not Medvedev's day. Rather like the Boks and AB's.

Medvedev Stuns Djokovic - Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters

Now we know who left the cake out in the rain...:D

Feb 22, 2021, 18:33

Poor old Medvedev wiped the floor with Djokovic in the End of year Championship n London = so this was just a  temporary setback.

Anyway  Medvedev moved up  circa 1500 in the ratings and is now a mere   65 points behind Nadal.    I think the exceptional heat in Melbourne affected the game of both Medvedev and Rublev   Both got dehydrated and that is a temporary setback.  Medveden is already more than 3000 points ahead of  Federer and in the next tournament he will pass Nadal in the ratings and by the end of the year will be rated number 1.

Age caught up with the three greats and although I am sorry about it  they all three are not going to last much longer,        

Feb 22, 2021, 18:53

I guess heat doesn’t affect the older chaps....hahahaha.  Two posters  who got the result dead wrong looking for excuses. Joker beat Medvedev because he controlled the points, not because of age or heat or the closeness of his shave.

Certainly Federer is on the decline, but he’s 39. He won a major at age 36. 

Nadal has a heavy build and has trouble with his knees. He is 34 which is pushing it for a man with his physique. But he won the French at 33 and it’s a brave man who bets against him this year.

The Joker was focused at this Australian event, probably in part because of the travesty he experienced at the US Open. When he is focused Medvedev won’t beat him....they play a similar game, but the Joker is better in every regard except the first serve.

Have either of you ever played competitive tennis? It certainly doesn’t appears so,

Feb 22, 2021, 18:56

Heat factor does play a part in tennis...Melbourne was scorching unlike Texas....hahahaha. These things happen quite often ...but it''s not a thing to get hung up about as so panic mechanic's do8-)

Feb 22, 2021, 19:10

No I never played competitive tennis just social...did you? At school I played both cricket and rugby and shooting and swimming but I love the game. you could not play everything.

My 2 uncles and dad were good and one uncle played at provincial level and my brothers best friend at school was Pat Cramer who played Arthur Ashe and actually beat him.

Ashe Upset in S. Africa - The New York Times

Feb 22, 2021, 19:36

Mozart

Any game in the EOT Championship is NOT a minor game.    The Championship is regarded by experts as the main tennis tournament outside of the Majors,      

Feb 22, 2021, 22:01

I played club tennis in the States...but my wife was the player, she won many Chicago over 35 women’s doubles events  with her long time partner. My daughters are avid, accomplished  players.

I remember Pat Cramer....beating Ashe is quite an accomplishment.

Feb 22, 2021, 23:04

Here's one for the anti vets: 43 year old Brady defeating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive games. :D

Feb 23, 2021, 02:35

The age maniacs are crazy - they do not recognize that aging  has an effect on sport performances and their list of failures because of the age factor  om all codes of sport is growing all the time.  

In the case of rugby the constant use of aged players like Matfield, Jannie du Plessis and a dozen others was part of the destruction of the Springbok team starred rugby by Meyer and his equally incompetent successor Coetzee,   

In the case of cricket the same result was produced by players like Am and Du Plessis.   The  Proteas was once ranked as the number 1 team in the world - and ended up as the number 8 ranked team because the aging players staying  on beyond their sell-by date and kept better young players out of  the team.

For them aging players are preferred because their criteria for selection is reputation with zero regard to actual performance.    Weird senseless sport supporters with no idea about what the two codes of sport entails.               

You need to Log in to reply.