My alignment camp squad

Forum » Rugby » My alignment camp squad

Apr 11, 2022, 10:14

Fullbacks: Willie / Gelant / Fassi / David Kriel

Wings: Kolbe / Mapimpi / Nkosi / Tambwe / Zas / Senatla / Green / Skosan / Penxe

Centres: de Allende / Am / Serfontein / Esterhuizen / Janse v Rensburg / Jessie Kriel / Willemse / Similane / Rickus Pretorious / Odendaal / Vorster / Marius Louw

Flyhalves : Pollard / Jantjies / Goosen / Hendrikse / Libbok

Scrumhalves: Faf / Reinach / Jantjies / Hendrikse / Papier / vd Bergh / v Zyl / Williams / Nohamba

Props: Kitshoff / Ox / Gerhard Steenkamp/ Boan Venter / Malherbe / Koch / Thomas du Toit/ Nyakane / Wilco Louw / Sadie

Hookers: Marx / Mbonambi / Dweba / Aker vd Merwe/ Grobelaar

Locks: Etzebeth / Lood / RG / Jenkins/ Ruben Schoeman/ Moerat / JD Schickerling/ Ruben v Heerden / Walt Steenkamp / Andre Smith / Lourens Erasmus

Loosies: Vermeulen / Kolisi / PSDT/ Kwagga / Dan du Preez/ JL du Preez / Wiese / Buthelezi / Evan Roos / Elrigh Louw/ Vincent Tshituka/ Marcel Coetzee/ Ruan Ackerman/ Jaco Coetzee/ Jacques du Plessis/ Notshe / Kobus Wiese/ Liebenberg/ Augusto/ Arno Botha/ v Staaden

Apr 12, 2022, 19:07

According to nienhaber they will stick with players that is in squad already, and give them 4 tests each....du preez twins were there longer and never got start time??....Couple of new ones to push the experienced ones....they want to win the WC with “ Experienced” squad....let’s face it, we have better talent playing in the urc and ex boks, that will make a difference... besides siya, kwagga or wiese can easily be replaced by E Louw and Evan Roos....They are more in form, stronger and don’t give as much penalties away...R&N,s failure to grow the Squad and stick with old players,is a mistake and will bite us in the ass.

Apr 13, 2022, 07:59

"R&N,s failure to grow the Squad and stick with old players,is a mistake and will bite us in the ass."

Yes, like their predecessors, they cling too much to the experienced players and don't blood enough new players  to build depth across the age spectrum...I think they take it too far...you should blood atleast 4 new players a year, if 2 stick, you replace your WC squad across 12 years...the way we're going, 70% of the team will retire almost at once.

Apr 13, 2022, 17:09

Exactly draad .....spot on

Apr 13, 2022, 23:12

To me it seems pretty short sighted and optimistic thinking Vermeulen who will be 37 at the next WC will still be a force

So why not have a good look at our options at 8 starting with the best in Evan Roos

It’s a bloody no brainer

There is far too much reliance placed on players already in the system and who know the system

You need to Log in to reply.