My Bok Starting XV versus All Blacks

Forum » Rugby » My Bok Starting XV versus All Blacks

Jul 27, 2022, 23:27

1. Kitshoff.                       Bench - Ox Nche
Kitshoff has been solid off the bench. 

2. Marx  /                        Bench - Bongi          
The best forward in world rugby not starting makes no sense. Is this transformation influencing selection? We need his presence to stop teams from getting an early lead- especially at the breakdown 

3. Malherbe                    Bench - Koch 
Koch on bench or possibly Trevor who can cover both sides of the scrum, to make the bench a 4/3 split with forwards/backs. Although Fat Trevor was a no-show in the matches he started as of late. 

4. Eztebeth

5. Lood                            Bench - Moerat

6. Kolisi

7. Steph DuToit               Bench - Elrigh Louw
Louw played better in his test debut than Evan Roos

8.  Kwagga Smith

We need to start with either Marx or Kwagga on the pitch to be effective at the breakdown. 

9. Jaden Hendrikse          Bench  - Faff

10. Pollard

11. Mapimpi

12.  Delande

13. AM

14. Kurt-Lee Arendse
Possibly Gelant who has pace, and to give him more test experience before the world cup. 

15  Willemse            Bench: Willie Leroux

It is debatable to go for a 4/3 or 5/2 split. Trevor Nyakana has experience on both sides of the scrum, and if he is on the bench it makes it easier to field a 4/3 split.
Although he has not been in form for some time. Bongi has not been in form for some time either.

Vermuelen is still injured. As is Frans Steyn.
Esterhuizen is still out, as is Kolbe (Think both are out of this series with injury). 

Jul 27, 2022, 23:32

Elstat at 7 and Gelant at 15 and that's more like it. I'd play Ester at 12 and Allende at 13.

Jul 28, 2022, 08:52

I’d play DDA as reserve toilet seat warmer.

…but to each his own.

Jul 28, 2022, 11:11

There's always that Plum. Love that comment! XD

Jul 28, 2022, 11:14

Mine would be:

15. Gelant

14. Willemse

13. Am

12. de Allende

11. Mapimpi

10. Pollard

9. Faf

1. Kitshoff

2. Marx

3. Thomas du Toit

4. Etzebeth

5. Lood

6. Kolisi

7. PSDT

8. Roos

16. Mbonambi 17. Ox 18. Malherbe 19. Moerat 20. Kwagga 21. Hendrikse 22. Willie 23. Kriel

We should have had Tambwe and Nkosi in the squad to replace Kolbe

Arendse is gifted but too small he needs to bulk up like Kolbe did if he is to play test rugby. It’s only a matter of time before we see him get blown away

Jul 28, 2022, 12:36

Yes, not sure when Nkosi is. He has been a bit injury prone in recent times, although perhaps he is being punished for not having his passport ready for last years tour. 

Jul 28, 2022, 14:20

Marx is good. But not the best forward in the world. No Block is. 2016 Marx was closest but he got played out by Bongi. Marc can go off the boil and miss jumpers and have bad hands. Some bad defending.

Nkosi is shit on defence. This quota can't fucking read the field. What good is that? Bad in the air too. 

Jul 28, 2022, 15:35

No one gives a toss what you think clean cunt

You are rugby ignorant

Look no further than Elstadt at 7

Jul 28, 2022, 15:36

Nkosi is a class act he went missing at the Sharks after he signed with the Bulls

He should be in the squad if not injured as should Tambwe

Jul 28, 2022, 16:19

Got to get the starting colour numbers correct first irrespective of form.....remember.

Hendrikse for Faf for starters.

Jul 28, 2022, 17:06

I think Sbu Nkosi has been struggling with injury. Agree that Tambwe should have been there. We also have other options like Rhule and Leyeds who all been the top wingers in their respective leagues, but yet no look into them. 

I would love to see the likes of Kitshoff, Marx and Malherbe start as they are way better than the current crop. Ox is good but not as good as Kitshoff. 

But I think it is a ploy by Rassie to get the government KPI numbers up and then let the real players come and try to close out the game. 

However, I don't see any reason why Rassie persist in letting these guys play for 30 or 40 min when you can have Kitshof and Marx play for 70 min. Probably don't trust that Bongi, Ox and Nyakane can close out a game and probably more riskier bringing them on in the second half

Jul 28, 2022, 18:13

I hope you are not suggesting that the regular starting trio up front are not up to it.

But your point is spot on.

Rhule and company had their shot and are not up to it plus the young guns are eager, talented and aggressive.

Question is what is Elstad for one doing in the squad?

Jul 28, 2022, 18:19

Elstat is one of the only fucks who can go forward through contact you pussy. You know... the thing Roos the Poes couldn't? Yeah, that stuff. 

Jul 28, 2022, 18:26

Eldstat has been given many opportunities at test level and has failed every time.

At best he has had 1-2 average games, but usually, he is a passenger. Another brain-dead specimen where test-level rugby is just a step too far. 

Jul 28, 2022, 19:15

Elstat has always shown great strength Bark. He had one bad defending game in three tackles but not the kind of shit your cunts make. Totally don't know shit about the game Mr Expert. 

Jul 28, 2022, 20:19

Sure Clean Cutt... I bet you wish Ronnie Coleman was playing instead...

Jul 28, 2022, 21:25

I sure do, and watch you sniveling closet homos drool over him. What a laugh that'll be. You'd be first to wet your knickers. 

Jul 28, 2022, 21:28

Clean cunt talk us through Boshoff at 10

Jul 28, 2022, 21:34

Ox is up there with Kitshoff but I’d give Kitshoff the edge

Our best tighthead these days is Thomas du Toit

Other wing options are Zas, Green and Senatla

Jul 28, 2022, 22:10

Saffesex, talk us through Allende... the best centre on the planet. I can only imagine the flops you've picked over the years. You were probably a Watson fan too. And Spies. Both all time great talents... except in reality. 

Jul 28, 2022, 22:25

I see Stepfontein has been quietly left off your many teams Dave….what happened to the lad? I thought he was supposed to be a legend.

Jul 28, 2022, 22:45

Serfontein is 29 now it’s too late - time to invest in some youngsters

He should have won many more Bok caps - has been one of the best 12’s over the past 5 years in NH rugby - he is the only Saffa left in the Montpelier side

He, Janse v Rensburg and Esterhuizen should have won many more Bok caps

Jul 29, 2022, 08:49

......Rhule and Leyeds who all been the top wingers in their respective leagues, but yet no look into them

Is that Raymond Rhule?.......if it is ag nee man he was super kak!

Jul 29, 2022, 10:06

No Denny he has always been pretty handy and is now in the form of his life but I would not bother with him as he is 30ish now so it would be a poor investment

Jul 29, 2022, 11:03

Yep, RJVR is the best 12 we’ve had in some time and yet he barely got a look-in.

Jul 29, 2022, 16:56

Borrowed this from a Kiwi on Planet Rugby:

"Yeah. Any other Tier 1 coach and flyhalf and this Bok team would be one of the all-time great rugby sides, that I’ve seen anyway.

I don’t necessarily agree with him, but Bob Dwyer said in 1991 that to win a World Cup you needed:
- 5 x World XV players
- 5 x world class players
- 5 legit international players

It’s very subjective and after a World Cup win it’s easy to argue that individuals from the winning team are top of the world; however one could put forward a case that rhe boks have:

7 players in the world xv:
- Vermuelen
- Marx
- Kitshoff
- Om
- Kolbe
- Etzabeth
- de Lager
- PSdT

At least 5 more world class players
- Koch
- Damian de Allende
- Nyakane
- Kolisi
- Mapimpi

At the very minimum 9 legit (top-end) international players
- Mchunu
- Willie le Roux
- Ox Nche
- Mbonambi
- Mostert
- Coetzee
- Kwagga Smith
- Frans Malherbe
- Faf
- RGS

And this is just my biased anti-Saffer opinion. I might be being harsh and I definitely don’t know all the current players well enough. Thank Christ their coaching is the weak link."

Jul 29, 2022, 18:06

That kiwi was obviously raised on Yarpie dung. Such horse shit. 

Jul 29, 2022, 23:04

We have sooooo many world class players:

Fullbacks:

Willie / Gelant / Fassi

Wings:

/ Kolbe / Nkosi / Tambwe / Senatla / Green / Zas / Skosan / Ismiel / Rhule

Centres:

Am / de Allende / Kriel / Esterhuizen / JVR / Serfontein / Odendaal / Rickus Pretorious / Marius Louw / Vorster / Sango Xamlashe

Flyhalves:

Pollard / Jantjies / Goosen/ Libbok

Scrumhalves:

Faf / Reinach / Jantjies / Hendrikse / Papier / v Zyl / vd Bergh / Williams / Zak Burger

Props:

Malherbe / Nyakane / Wilco Louw / Koch / Thomas du Toit/ Sadie / Kitshoff / Ox / Gerhard Steenkamp / Mchunu / Boan Venter

Hookers:

Marx / Mbonambi / Aker / Dweba / Grobelaar

Locks:

Etzebeth / Lood / RG / Jenkins / Ruben Schoeman / Ruben v Heerden / Moerat / Walt Steenkamp

Loosies:

Kolisi / Kwagga / Buthelezi / PSDT / JL du Preez/ Kobus Wiese / Liebenberg / Tsituka / Ackerman / Jacques du Plessis / Elrigh Louw / Dan du Preez/ Jaco Coetzee / Roos / Notshe / Vermeulen/ Wiese

Jul 29, 2022, 23:42

FACTS

Fullbacks:

Willie / Gelant / Fassi

Wings:

/ Kolbe / Nkosi / Tambwe / Senatla / Green / Zas / Skosan (MAYBE) / Ismiel / Rhule

Centres:

Am / de Allende / Kriel / Esterhuizen / JVR / Serfontein / Odendaal / Rickus Pretorious / Marius Louw / Vorster / Sango Xamlashe

Flyhalves:

Pollard / Jantjies / Goosen/ Libbok

Scrumhalves:

Faf / Reinach / Jantjies / Hendrikse / Papier / v Zyl / vd Bergh / Williams / Zak Burger

Props:

Malherbe / Nyakane / Wilco Louw / Koch / Thomas du Toit/ Sadie / Kitshoff / Ox / Gerhard Steenkamp / Mchunu / Boan Venter

Hookers:

Marx / Mbonambi / Aker / Dweba / Grobelaar

Locks:

Etzebeth / Lood / RG / Jenkins / Ruben Schoeman / Ruben v Heerden / Moerat / Walt Steenkamp

Loosies:

Kolisi / Kwagga / Buthelezi / PSDT / JL du Preez/ Kobus Wiese / Liebenberg / Tsituka / Ackerman / Jacques du Plessis / Elrigh Louw / Dan du Preez (MAYBE)/ Jaco Coetzee / Roos / Notshe (FUCKING SERIOUSLY?) / Vermeulen/ Wiese

Jul 30, 2022, 14:05

Fuck off you ignorant cunt

Jul 30, 2022, 14:18

Sure CleanCutt

Skosan is better than Kolbe, the highest-paid winger in world rugby...

Jantjies is better than Pollard....

Jul 30, 2022, 14:59

Kolbe is the most overrated faggot in world rugby. The. Fuck can defend, dances behind the gain line, concedes ball, is shit in the air and goes massively off the boil. Give me Nkosi instead. But a useless fucks like you doesn't know enough about the game to see that. You go to your little wiki articles to pick up buzzwords. You're a fucking loser and nobody likes the taste of your dick quite like you. So choke yourself on it you fucking ass muncher. 

Jul 30, 2022, 15:09

A great contribution CleanCutt...

Somehow you know more about rugby than the best coaches in world rugby. 

I once thought Kolbe might have been too small for test rugby, but I was proven wrong.
At least I am smart enough or honest enough to realise I am not an expert in rugby- especially when compared to someone like Rassie etc. 

Kolbe crowned Players' Player of the Year for 2021 | SA Rugby

https://www.springboks.rugby › articles › 2021/09/23 › k...

Cheslin Kolbe scoops three top awards in France - SA Rugby

https://www.sarugby.co.za › news-features › articles › c...
Springbok wing Cheslin Kolbe scooped the top award in the French league after he was named as the Top 14's Player of the Season at a glittering ceremony in ...

Kolbe wins Champions Try of the Season!

https://www.epcrugby.com › 2021/05/27 › kolbe-wins-...
27 May 2021 — Toulouse wing Cheslin Kolbe has added Champions Try of the Season to his Heineken Champions Cup winners' medal after being selected by ...

World Cup winner Kolbe clinches ... - The News International

https://www.thenews.com.pk › latest
PARIS: Rugby World Cup winner Cheslin Kolbe was named the Top 14´s player of the season on Monday, the French league announced at a ceremony in Paris.

Nice to know that your post is displayed on the Ruckersforum Twitter account, which would push away any civilised person from being a member...

Jul 30, 2022, 15:16

Coming from the dumb fuck who wants Elstadt at 7 and Boshoff at 10

Say no more

Jul 30, 2022, 15:49

Who the fuck is Bishoff you dildo jockey? And yeah... Estat was super physical. Knocked several Wallies on their arse. 

Jul 30, 2022, 16:05

Your favourite 10 you stupid cunt

You need to Log in to reply.