New Zealand team for this weekend vs Tonga

Forum » Rugby » New Zealand team for this weekend vs Tonga

Sep 06, 2019, 01:49

New Zealand: 15 Ben Smith, 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Anton Lienert-Brown, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 George Bridge, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Ardie Savea, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody

Replacements: 16 Liam Coltman, 17 Ofa Tuungafasi, 18 Angus Ta’avao, 19 Scott Barrett, 20 Luke Jacobson, 21 Aaron Smith, 22 Josh Ioane, 23 Jordie Barrett

Crotty is a solid player at 12. Not the fastest or most skilled, but a good play-maker

--

I thought Ben Smith should return to 15, but that means Barrat is the pole kicker. Jordy Barrett could take the pole kicks, but he is not test standard in other areas of his game- at least not yet. He could be the black sheep of the family, so to speak. 

Sep 06, 2019, 02:06

The midfield merry-go-round at midfield continues. Will Fred finally settle on a winning combo?

Sep 06, 2019, 02:25

He’s obviously resting those with injuries, Sonny with a strained calf, Mo’unga with his shoulder, Goodhue hamstring. Reiko has been flagged as well and so has Sam Cane with slight injuries.

I can’t see the point in this game apart from giving those that played against Aussie another hit out but it’s looking good for Laumape.

Sep 06, 2019, 08:00

The All Blacks haven't had a decent midfield since Nonu and Smith.

Their incompetent coach hasn't been able to settle on anyone in the last 4 years. Chopping and changing at every match ... and on top of that he keeps ignoring the obvious talent by leaving them out of the mix.

Sonny Bill Williams is an over rated hasbeen and Crotty is at best a solid provincial player. Neither of them deserve to be in the WC squad. Why are they there? He's not forced to include any useless quotas in his squad. Why doesn't he select on merit?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The best thing they can do for their national side is to fire this useless coach. He has systematically reduced them to what we see today. He can't even beat a quota riddled Bok side. He can be thankful that we're not permitted to select our best

Does he even know who his best 15 are? What in heavens name is Read and Sam Whitelock still doing there? Ben Smith is another that should have been sent packing A shadow of what he once was.

I would have though that he would use this match to field best 15. He's lost the plot ... he's run out of ideas ... he's stale ... boring ... the All Backs need a new coach with new ideas.

I'll be surprised if the make the semis this year.

Sep 07, 2019, 10:08

Tonga put to the sword 92-7 by the ABs who played the last 15 mins with 14 when Crotty was taken off by Hansen. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a game before!

Sep 07, 2019, 10:18

Practicing being carded? How cynical is that?:angel:

Sep 07, 2019, 10:56

Nah Draad, that's NZ extreme fair play in action. Saw something cardable that the ref missed and decided to take it into their own hands in the interest of the game.

Sep 07, 2019, 11:22

Haha. You’ll see a lot more of our fair play on 21/9.....

Sep 07, 2019, 11:23

Haha. You’ll see a lot more of our fair play on 21/9.....

Sep 07, 2019, 11:29

:D

Sep 07, 2019, 11:47

Samoa vs Arstralia just kicking off...

http://cdn.livetv202.me/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1237697&lang=en&eid=839489&lid=1237697&ci=475&si=33

You need to Log in to reply.