Not so Fassi and Coetzee axed…

Forum » Rugby » Not so Fassi and Coetzee axed…

Jul 23, 2022, 19:38

….in comes Frans and Vermeulen. Dave must be choking in his beer. Even with my penchant for experience I must say HARRASSMISS goes one better. Maybe the Beast is available.

Of course Coetzee was a big nothing as he has always been at the test level and Fassi is a defensive liability. 

Still the inability to nurture new players is becoming a question mark for the Water Boy.

Jul 23, 2022, 20:35

Well that's funny isn't it. Fighting over coaches relying on older players. There's a perception of depth in ZA rugby that isn't really there.

Jul 23, 2022, 23:25

I must admit bringing back Vermeulen and old Frans adds zero value

Rassie does like to stick with the tried and tested - he just won’t let go, it seems to be a coaches trait

I guess as observers it’s easy for us to ditch players as we don’t know the players personally, coaches develop bonds, relationships with their players and I guess that counts for something beyond what we see on the field

Dropping Fassi seems stupid given Kolbe is out

The retention of the likes of Fourie, Orie, Nortje, Mostert, Mchunu, Elstadt, Arendse and the recall of Vermeulen and Frans is poor

Jul 23, 2022, 23:27

Another duplicate thread... I also covered this topic in-depth thank you. 

Jul 24, 2022, 09:13

Awww, poor sniveling little Bark isn't getting the attention he deserves for his masterful piece of journalism... how could you Mozart you arrogant bastard. 

Jul 24, 2022, 10:30

"Another duplicate thread... I also covered this topic in-depth thank you. "

Bel die poliesie!

You need to Log in to reply.