Official: #TotalRANKERS - Super Rugby 2020

Forum » Rugby » Official: #TotalRANKERS - Super Rugby 2020

Jan 27, 2020, 11:42

Hi Ruckers

It's that time of year again where we all get warmed up for the Super Rugby season.

We've launched Super Rugby 2020 on Total Rankers.
Please join us and help us topple the current Super Rugby and Rugby World Cup winner, Rooinek from his throne.

For those of you who haven't played before,

The game itself is fairly simple...
Make 3 team selections each game week and earn 3 points per win.
The catch: The combined ranking of your 3 teams needs to exceed 15.

So you can't simply pick teams ranked 1,2 and 3 as their combined rank is only 6.

It keeps things interesting as you need to consider which outsider has the best chance to win!

The game was released today in its first iteration, so please take it easy on us!

There are going to be enhancements and improvements as we evolve the game.

So please join in now.

Make your picks for this game week.

This years winner will win 2 tickets to any international match in 2020. (T's and C's apply)

We hope that you enjoy what we have put together for you.

Yours in rugga

Ed

PS: If you spot any issues, please send is a kind message to let us know and we will attend to it as soon as possible. Mail us at ed@ruckersforum.com

Jan 27, 2020, 11:51

"Please join us and help us topple the current Super Rugby and Rugby World Cup winner, Rooinek from his throne."

Bring it!

Thanks Ed, I will definitely be in.

Go Sharks!!!

Jan 27, 2020, 12:00

Ed, are there underdog bonus points?

Jan 27, 2020, 12:28

Stormers and Chiefs are both worth 7, think one is supposed to be on 8?

Jan 27, 2020, 14:16

Sweeto burrito!

I'm in.

Cheers Eddie.

Jan 28, 2020, 08:02

Goooooooooooooo CleanCut.

Jan 28, 2020, 13:43

I'd like to say the Sharks too...maybe, just maybe for sometime since the old glory days of Gary Teichman, Thierry Lacroix, Henry Honibal and Ian Mac and others of those eras there might be a return to former glory.

Not sure if Lukhanyo Am is a good choice...centres are imo not ideally positioned for captains...I know Jordan Chait is a new boy and at this stage just a mere stand in for Bosch and Chamberlain at flyhalf but he is class and proven leader and must be groomed to take over once weaned in the deep end....there is no doubt about that. If rugby has just a little more equality and integrity then hopefully (a big hope) it will go this way...but maybe it's just a pipe dream:'(

Jan 31, 2020, 12:38

Well Rooi, you're off to a shit start.

Go DbDraad! 2 from 2!

Feb 01, 2020, 15:07

I think I jinxed the Blues by picking them for a win on Superbru...for some odd reason their result is always opposite of my pick on Superbru. I intentionally picked the othe way for Rankers...and it worked!

Feb 02, 2020, 08:19

"Well Rooi, you're off to a shit start."

Every year it's the same. I always think this must be the year that the Blues finally come right and I buy into all the pre-season hype.

Never again. What a bunch of useless chokers!

Feb 03, 2020, 10:11

I'm coming for you rooinek.

you've ruled TR for long enough.

Feb 03, 2020, 15:30

Bring it jarhead but I'm not sure about ruling TR. I've done quite well in the TR rugby games but in the EPL football game you're 4 points clear of 2nd place and 8 points ahead of me and we're all running out of games to catch you!

Feb 10, 2020, 03:59

So after 2 rounds I now have 6 teams I cannot select?

This leaves me only two games where I can select either team. One game I cannot select either team and the rest I can only select the teams that have almost no chance of winning.

Unless there is a major upset it is basically impossible for me to select 3 winning teams, I can understand not being able to select the same teams every week  but reducing my choices by over 40% makes it bloody farce and I have neither the time or interest in looking 5 weeks ahead to sort out who I can and cannot choose each round.

Feb 10, 2020, 08:53

Agreed. This sucks and wasn't part of the rules that Ed put up on this thread.

"The game itself is fairly simple...
Make 3 team selections each game week and earn 3 points per win.
The catch: The combined ranking of your 3 teams needs to exceed 15."

If there was a second catch then this thread would have been a good place to tell us about it, not after the first round.

I had a grumble when they implemented this same limit in the EPL game but there you at least have 20 teams to choose from. Having almost half the sides unavailable to you every week is way too limiting.

I would suggest that they scrap this weekly limit altogether or at the very least make it a one week block rather than two weeks so you'd only have 3 teams unavailable instead of 6. 

Personally I think the whole principle of Total Rankers is the ranking limit based on the standings and that provides enough of a challenge on it's own without this additional weekly limit.

This isn't working.

Feb 10, 2020, 09:24

Hi guys

Apologies, that was an error on our behalf.

We have reset the timer which stops repeat picks. It was set at 2 weeks, its been reset to 1 week.

Let us know your thoughts.

Yours in rugga

Ed

Feb 10, 2020, 09:33

Thanks Ed. That's much better.

Feb 10, 2020, 11:48

Thanks Ed, appreciate it

Feb 11, 2020, 16:58

Well, Edd, some of us already picked and locked the picks prior to the reset...and have probably seen some of our competitors picks.

I would have picked differently had I known, but it's too late now...not too happy about having to pick the Rebels, but hopefully I get lucky...:unsure:

Feb 11, 2020, 23:27

Ed is it possible to reset those affected so everyone is on a level playing field?

Feb 12, 2020, 05:24

That would be a bit unfair too, because we've seen our opponent's picks already...It's OK, I'm sure we'll survive. :D

Feb 12, 2020, 05:37

Could reset every ones ?

Feb 12, 2020, 17:51

Ja, it's a pity they changed it after some already picked...but we are sort of still in development...:D

Good luck for the round!

Feb 15, 2020, 11:23

It actually worked in my favour...I would have picked the Brumbies...

Feb 15, 2020, 12:50

Hahaha it didn't work for me. I was going for the rebels as I couldn't pick the Tahs. :(

Feb 19, 2020, 19:45

I probably jinxed my next round by picking a match involving the Blues, but there are some constraints...and it is a game after all...:D...the Blues do the opposite of what I pick, so Rooi is in with a good chance to get into the lead. 

You need to Log in to reply.