Official Total Rankers - EPL 2020/21

Forum » Rugby » Official Total Rankers - EPL 2020/21

Aug 07, 2019, 23:30

Hi Ruckers

I hope you are well.

We've been busy in the background making some awesome updates to TotalRankers.
Some of the updates include:
1. If an underdog wins, you earn a bonus point.
2. You may not choose the same teams within a 4 week period (this is especially for you Crusader groupies)
3. You are now able to create private leagues (ala SuperBru), so you can play with your work colleagues or chommies.
4. Refer a Friend - Once logged in, you can refer a friend. If the friend logs in and plays, you could win yourself a 2020 SuperRugby or English Premier Leeague shirt.

We are doing an EPL edition of Total Rankers.
The winner will walk away with 500 Euros (they can be converted to ZAR's or Dollars).
So please go ahead, login and play as per usual... make some picks and invite a few friends.
If you are unsure of anything, please feel free to ask.

I hope you like the updates which we have worked on.

But most importantly... GO BOKKE!

Yours in rugga
Ed

Aug 07, 2019, 23:39

Nice Ed, I have often thought those improvements are needed for the serious Ranker....hope that's no commie star in your avatar.

Aug 07, 2019, 23:39

Hi Ed,

Is this for the World Cup? 
I would imagine more people would participate in the World Cup where the players are more known, and less major teams etc.

For those that do not watch most of the games in SuperRugby, it is hard to even know who all the players are. 

Aug 08, 2019, 00:13

Hi sharkbok

1. We are about to kick off with the English Premier League. 1000 Euros are up for grabs.

2. The RWC is next (in September) and we'll definitly have a Total Rankers competition up for it.

@moz, i needed to update my avatar to cater for our new www.totalrankers.com website. Check it out.

We have tried to keep it as sports neutral as possible.

Cheers

Ed

Aug 08, 2019, 05:09

Thanks for that Admin but no point in me playing as I know as much about soccer as Beeno knows about Rugby.  Never watched a full game in my life so guaranteed to come last :)

Glad to hear you have a comp for the RWC though, really looking forward to that one. Off to Thailand for 2 months so plan on watching a lot more of the games this time.

By the way Moz if you look closer you will see the Atheist logo is buried in there as well :D

Aug 13, 2019, 09:09

Hi Ed, with all due respect, I think this business of not being allowed to select the same team for 4 weeks is a crap idea.

For starters, note that I picked the Crusaders most weeks not because I'm a Crusaders groupie (I hate the bloody Cruadasers) but because I felt they were the most consistent and most likely team to win every week. Those of us who selected the Crusaders most weeks were already paying a penalty for that selection as they were ranked #1 for most of the tournament meaning we had to pick other less likely teams for our other selections.

Secondly, there's the numbers. I don't think you guys have thought this through. If I had to pick teams A, B and C in week 1; then pick teams D, E and F in week 2, then pick G, H and I in week 3 then come week 4, I'm limited to only 6 possible teams. If those eligible teams are playing each other or on a bye, you're going to get into a situation where a person cannot make legitimate picks and if they can, they're forced to pick results they really don't want to make which rather defeats the purpose of the exercise. You might just get away with it in the EPL where there are 20 teams but in Super Rugby and in comps where there are 16 teams or less you're being too restrictive and limiting the options to such an extent that players either won't be able to make legitimate picks or else will be forced to make predictions that are possible rather than likely.

Your Rankers format is unique and it already places significant restrictions on which teams you can select. Don't complicate it further and add additional restrictions that may well make your game unplayable and less enjoyable.

On the positive side, I like your idea of bonus points for the underdog and I'm very impressed with the numbers you have playing in the EPL game. Good work.

Aug 13, 2019, 09:18

There are 63 players in the Total Rankers EPL game but I don't recognise most of those names and the only names I do recognise are Chippo, Whackhead, Flashdakota, Brycy, Your Pal Al and myself.

I've created a League called "Ruckers Forum Regulars" so join that league (code 623A9F) and we can have our own comp. No prizes unfortunately (unless Ed is feeling generous!)

Aug 13, 2019, 10:00

@rooinek, we're happy to respectfully engage with ideas as  this was purely conceptual. I think the 4 team rule works nicely with a tournament with more than 15 teams like the EPL. It may need some refining with smaller tournaments.

With regards to prize money, note that we have 1000 Euro pot for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

If you'd like to sponsor another prize or two, we'd be happy to chat with you or your corporate.

Chat soon.

Yours in rugga

Ed

Aug 14, 2019, 15:34

Draad, join the league.

See Rooineks pool code above: 623A9F

Aug 14, 2019, 17:04

Thanks Flash, I probably should not have joined the league in the first place, I know very little about football, but I'm a bit curious about "Total Rankers"

You need to Log in to reply.