You need to LOG IN to reply.

Official: Total RANKERS - Super Rugby 2019 - Round 8

Forum » Rugby » Official: Total RANKERS - Super Rugby 2019 - Round 8

Apr 08, 2019, 09:27

Hi Rankers

In what was a pretty topsy turvy round for the South African teams, most of us managed to still pick up 2 wins this weekend.

The Bulls were their own worst enemy against the Jaguares. Without Handre Pollard at 10, they looked rudderless.

The Lions were abysmal and I don't really want to speak much about them :(. This weekend brought back tragic memories of Eugene Eloff and Dick Muir.

The Stormers were... well, the Stormers.

What can be said, is that there are a number of players that are putting their hands up for Bok selection this year.

It's going to be hard for Rassie to look past Carlu Sadie from the Lions. He has played and dominated consistently, week in and week out.

For all the Andre Esterhyusen knockers out there, he's been playing some good ball in 2019. He has something that many ball carrying 12's don't have. He has a wonderful perception of space and knows when to off-load.

Though he may not be the final product, he's shown a lot more diversity on attack when compared to Damian de Allende. Although the latter did show some sparkling touches this weekend, he seems to lack any sort of consistency to make him a permanent threat.

This coming weekend sees two massivee Kiwi derby games with the Crusaders hosting the Highlanders and the resurgent Chiefs travelling to Auckland to face the Blues.

Derbys have a knack of throwing out a few upsets, so make your Week 9 picks carefully.

Have a great week.

Yours in rugga
Ed

Apr 08, 2019, 14:00

ED

Is there a facility that can be used to change selection of winners before final closing time?   Take for instance the Superbru Prediction Game.   After seeing the teams elections I changed for of my initial selections and ended up with all seven games predicted accurately by me. 

I tried to change my initial selection of the Stormers to the Reds winning the game - but could not do so.    It would help if all selections could be changed by participants before the final deadline - normally before the start of the first game starting.

Apr 08, 2019, 14:50

But mike, that means you'll see everyone elses predictions and you'll be able to change yours afterwards then, so it wont work boetie.

Apr 08, 2019, 15:03

Chippo has nailed it. That is one of the main challenges of the game. Mike, rather wait until just before the round starts before making your selections. That way you won't be caught out by last minute injuries or whatever else. 

Apr 08, 2019, 15:20

Ou Maaik, if you want to wait until the teams are announced then just make your picks on Thursday evening. You'll still have plenty of time to make them.

Also, why are you not playing Superbru predictions in our Ruckers Forum pool? It's not too late to join. The pool code is "tunajamb".

Apr 08, 2019, 15:38

@Rooi, he tried to join, but spelt the password wrong

Apr 08, 2019, 16:30

As far as I am concerned the other peoples selections should be hidden until after closing time.   

Why does every other comp does that - no insight into other peoples selections until closing time.  You missed the point entirely,

In any event - I write a long  tread on what exactly happened in Super Rugby covering every team and their performances.   I also deal with team selection on site and it takes a lot of work to do it.

Reason  - I hope people can use that info to make up their minds  about their own selections.   It is only fools who look at other selections and have no thinking ability and copy other peoples selections as his own.            

Apr 08, 2019, 16:49

Yes, i've read your long treads.
Keep them up moke.

You need to Log in to reply.