You need to LOG IN to reply.

Ole Cruz, the Conclusion

Forum » Rugby » Ole Cruz, the Conclusion

Feb 26, 2015, 23:02

Just had a tweet from the real Tomas Lavinini, he has never posted here, I will post the screen shot of the tweet this evening, suck a big bowl of d!cks DomMike

Feb 27, 2015, 00:10

Gee wizz, the silence is deafening...a lot of posters feeling a bit silly?

Feb 27, 2015, 00:19

Suffice it to say silence doesn't indicate any lack of interest.

Feb 27, 2015, 01:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Poi-e, don't be mischievous, most of the oaks are sleeping . Without doing an exact count, some here I think were skeptics like me, wanting to believe but ....... a number believed in his authenticity ........ & some like yourself said bollocks . Whatever, it remains a superb con job .

Feb 27, 2015, 01:59

Whether he was or not never really effected my opinion of him, did rather annoy me that he was put on a pedestal by others.

Feb 27, 2015, 02:18

Current figures for this thread:

Views- 44
Replies- 4 

Feb 27, 2015, 02:26

10% = replies, can be regarded as the general average for most posts here .

Feb 27, 2015, 04:53

The views are not based on individual posters, as every time the author or commentor opens the post again it adds another page/post view which can inflate the true numbers. (i.e- unique visitors)

Where is the evidence poe-ie? 

Can you be considered a credible witness if you have missed your own stated deadline for the evidence to be delivered to the board? 
The board may now deem it to be inadmissible. 

Feb 27, 2015, 05:17

Some of us err too much toward trust; others too much toward cynicism.

To determine your own predisposition, consider whether you trust in the absence of information and whether you distrust despite positive information about another person‘s potential trustworthiness. If you trust in the former scenario, you may expose yourself to unnecessary risks if you encounter untrustworthy counterparts. If you distrust in the latter scenario, your stubborn cynicism may lead you to suboptimal outcomes in interactions requiring trust.

Well, Pooie did the right thing...he contacted Tomas to verify this...something that should have have been done in the first place...instead of creating a huge issue which indeed is an embarrassment not only to the trusting and naive types (which I confess I'm one too) and also to the moderator of this forum who backed this impostor, but also a character attack on the real Tomas Lavanini. Very dirty...being trusting is not a character flaw...but being over cynical and a skeptic is...what one really needs is discernment and wisdom and a balance between trust/faith and clever and competent logic and discernment.

Our natures are all different here...a lot depends on our upbringing and relationships in family and friends and also our business associates.

This world is contaminated by sick, deceptive and evil people.

That's precisely why I believe in a Higher and Perfect Creator...as I get older I learn lessons not to place trust on mankind and what people say...but also get manipulated because of a trusting nature but I still prefer to be this way...it creates a happier disposition...cynical people are never really happy, are selfish and opinionated and only place themselves above all others.

The answer is to balance trust/faith with reasonable discernment.

Feb 27, 2015, 06:59

I think we all believed at first that Ole Cruz was genuine. However doubts emmerged when poooooie started pointing out certain discrepancies. When ole then refused the Facebook test after vehmently insisting he was Thomas it was clear the oak was an imposter.

However ou maaaikie never thought the identity theft mattered and my good friend ou rooitwit got it hopelessly wrong yet again.

It was noticeable that the gullible global warmers and half baked evolunists sucked it all up and continued to do so despite mounting evidence of this fraud. How familiar it all Bwahahahahhahahahahahaha Oler cruz was the biggest hoax thsi board has expereinced (darwinism the hoax of the 20th century etc)

Our thanks must go to the alert kbb poooie. We should not however jump to any conclusions about kbbs being very sharp etc but understand the kbbs have these criminal minds -so evident in their refs!  They thus can spot others of a criminal nature. Hahahahahahahahaha

Feb 27, 2015, 07:13

Beeno: clearly ole Cruz was a "multi" but you failed to detect this:angry: The question remains who is ole Cruz ? JW detection agency is on your case, lol thanks to the work of our agent Poi-e real progress has been made:ermm: 

But where was Beeno in all this? He was lead astray by religious virtuosity & self righteous indignation once again!  Blinded by the light one might say:D

Feb 27, 2015, 07:17

Hahaha!

Feb 27, 2015, 07:20

I suppose there's still the admittedly small possibility that Tomas sent that tweet just to get rid of you but yes, I accept that we were taken for a ride . . . probably by some poster who's still here having a good laugh at us.

I admit I was gullible. Good work Poi-e . . . but note if you're going to post something after 11pm our time, it's probably not a good idea to hang around and get frustrated because no-one is replying. We're probably asleep.

"Suffice it to say" . . . good grief, what dreadful English. Suffice to say the "it" is not required unless you're a stinking hypocrite from somewhere like Springs . . . oh . . . hang on . . .

LMAO! 

Feb 27, 2015, 07:52

Lets see the tweet and then we can conclude...forbid it not that Poie has not added another dimension to the twist of the tale...Beeno, these Kiwi birds can get away with murder...lolz...they box clever...even Dr Win and Cloudy (sorry...she had 7 brothers and knows that the key to a man's heart is through her delicious boil ups) :D...not to mention uncle Ritchie's ploys.:)

Feb 27, 2015, 08:09

Feb 27, 2015, 08:13

I asked Tomas if he ever posted on the sarugby.com website as there was a poster there who claimed he was him...if you want to see that tweet too to close the loop I'll post that as well.

P.s. its the evening in New Zealand Sharkbok, deadline met.

Rooinek, there were a few posters online when I posted this, including DomMike who'll no doubt be ignoring this thread like his life depended on it.

Feb 27, 2015, 08:20

Rooinek, who do you think Ole Cruz was?

Feb 27, 2015, 08:27

"Rooinek, who do you think Ole Cruz was?"

I wasn't thinking of anyone specific when I said Ole Cruz was probably a known poster but I'd be surprised if it was some stranger who arrived here to wind us all up and then disappeared again.

If I had to take a guess I'd say it's someone who quite clearly uses multis . . . like the Truth Fairy, Admit One or Drivelling Avocado . . . but that's a wild guess

Feb 27, 2015, 08:46

It crossed my mind that it might have been a kamp ss mole but I quickly dismissed the thought as being totally absurd as the oaks there know very little about rugby - especially wee jamesie hunt aka hawker!

JW you halfwit. I supported pooie's take on matters and expressed my doubt about Ole and said he should prove himself. I do admit though it was pooooie who first deserves credit for unmasking the hound. We needed his kbb criminal mind! JW were you not always a cruz fan?

Ou rooitwit finally admits he got it wrong - yet again. Rooitwit you could probably start your sentences I am probably wrong again but I think. Bwhahahahahahahaha these global warmers/evolutionists are sure soooo gullible!

Feb 27, 2015, 09:05

Thank you Poie, at least this clears the air...I don't know why this simple solution could have been resolved correctly in the first place and indeed we have to respect Tomas's privacy...I just think that it boggles the mind that low lifes like this exist...I ask the question how sick is someone of this nature...personally I haven't in my long life met an apology of a being like this.

This creature took great pains to research the background of Tomas,his rugby records, the geography of Argentina and the correct eating delicacies which are spot on. His creation of fiction of father owning a property in Clifton might also be correct for all we know...if only one could trace him...if I was Tomas I would use my influence to track him him down and beat the living daylights out of him or better still charge him legally for affronting his privacy and character but I suspect the real Tomas Lavanini is far a greater man than that.

Feb 27, 2015, 09:07

It could have been Card, but I doubt he would be able to appear that humble, even if he was pretending to be someone else, but he does have the knowledge to pull something like that off.

Feb 27, 2015, 09:39

No Card would never be so complimentary towards NZers .

Feb 27, 2015, 10:45

I suppose the oaks will think it was me given the rugby acumen displayed but it wasnt.

Wonder if it was Moz!! A sting to catch out ou rooitwit? Hahahahahahaha

Feb 27, 2015, 10:58

Beeno: I have heard from reliable sources you have been eliminated from our enquiries due to lack of rugby knowledge. You are no Ole Cruz!

Reliable Source

Feb 27, 2015, 11:05

It is possible that the guy plagiarised that stuff from somewhere. In fact under these circumstances, it is actually most likely the case.

Feb 27, 2015, 11:10

No shame in being sucked in by such a brilliant con job .

Feb 27, 2015, 11:41

The only person who has access to the type of insider rugby knowledge that Ole Cruz had access to was the domain owner of the site, who I believe had been involved with the Brumbies and Western Force.  Probably an attempt to drive up traffic through the site for make it a more attractive purchase is my guess.

Feb 27, 2015, 11:53

Thanks Poi-e. Justice has been served but Rooinek still couldn't resist a crack at you over your grammar, or maybe he is an imposter(or)(er)(or) or whatever....Moz must be on holiday!

Feb 27, 2015, 12:02

Ole had me fooled! Very convincing! 

I'll say this much, he was a good poster and it would actually be good to have him back...as himself. 

Feb 27, 2015, 12:04

To me this is not a joke...and I love humour...this is just plain dirt...it really pongs...you can smell it in SA, NZ, Br Isles and it permeates the whole rugby world.

I'm a light-hearted person that enjoys humour but to do this is lower than snake crap.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but it is purely disrespect and does not do SA, NZ, Austr and European posters credit...it certainly would not come from Argentina.

Some lower form of human specie...no it would never be Mozart, disagreeable he can be, he has good breeding, neither do I think it's a NZ or a Digger from the Wastelands...it could be a Saffer or a Saffer expat.

I suspect Kamp SS but they seem too stupid and rough and lack intelligence...this impostor/imposter did his homework and a lot of illegal internet stalking.

It certainly puts a huge stain on SA rugby posters and ruckers forum...those that shrug it off and take it lightly are totally insensitive to a man's right to privacy and decency, let alone his professional group of friends and players...I apologise TL if you were embarrassed by any intrusion or suggestion made by me or any other and so should the rest of us...good luck in your rugby future in Argentina and France.

That seals it for me and gets it off my chest...a horrible FU.

Feb 27, 2015, 12:05

People get sucked in over the internet every day.....watch a few episodes of MTV's Catfish and you'll realise it's one of social networking's biggest phenomena.  

Gooo Richie Gooo the Blues lol

Feb 27, 2015, 12:15

It proves nothing.

It could still have been him.

I'm not convinced it wasn't.

Feb 27, 2015, 12:21

Well, it was nice of him to reply to you.

Personally, I don't think I had anything to say to him whilst he was here...if I did, it wasn't much and I think you'll find that I said he wrote English very well, when the whole debacle began !! I also pointed out that, regardless of the odd spelling error or grammatical mistake ( for you, Rooinek :) ), which anyone can be guilty of, especially if they are short of time, or typing in anger ( for Saffex :D ), I could see no real changes in syntax.....something I would really expect from a non-native English speaker. 

As I said to Beeno, if he had been an International Rugby player, good for him....he would just have been another poster to me !! 

If he wasn't......he shouldn't have passed himself off as that person. That is identity theft and is actually a crime. 

Feb 27, 2015, 12:32

Well Cloudy if you want to follow trends and go with the flow (which I believe is not necessary the majority)...the majority are always way off the mark...democracy is a liar and herd instinct belongs to fools. The French philosopher, Voltaire was spot on...having witnessed the French revolution where toothless hags sent out their ghastly squawks of delight  when noble heads rolled into bloodied baskets as they knitted coarse peasant jerseys.

"It is better to be ruled by a lion than a hundred rats".

The internet can be used properly or a terrible and evil manipulating and deceiving monster in the hands of evil doers and those that get pleasure from warped mindsets.

The internet can also be a very good asset and blessing if utilised correctly.

Feb 27, 2015, 12:47

Moolaa, I realise you're not the shiniest coin in the fountain but please note it was Moffie I was correcting, not Poi-e.

I should also point out that I don't correct people's English as a rule, I just point out the hypocrisy of those who do . . . especially when they're incapable of stringing a coherent sentence together themselves.

Feb 27, 2015, 13:01

At the end of the day.....it's just like any other annoying appliance, if it's irritating you then just turn it off.  

Feb 27, 2015, 13:50

Rooitwit you were well known as a spell check fiend!! 

I agree Seb the kamp ss oaks are far too thick to pull one like this. It required a degree of artistry and intelligence. 

All I can say with great assurance is that JW will not be the one to solve this mystery.  
Image result for confused emotions

Feb 27, 2015, 15:28

Beeno: once again I admire your bold statements even when they are contrary to logic, facts or even common sense. :ermm: My record speaks for itself:P

By the way what was the picture you tried to post, was it the culprit who pretended to be Ole Cruz?

Feb 27, 2015, 15:35

Suffice it to say that this was a clever hoax. Much more subtle, but in the same direction as the Jalapeno farce, where RooiAAS made deliberate grammar mistakes to throw the posters off his offensive scent. Funny that RooiAAS was totally taken in by this repetition of his own tactics, but then Farce does kinda rhyme with AAS.

And then I wonder how Shark and Arthur feel. The bouncing lads who claimed I chased Cruz off the site. The Real Tomas didn't look to me like a chappie who was going to be easily chased by anything.

Well done Poie. You endured a lot of abuse because you dared to question things. That's increasingly becoming part of our modern world. But the great strength of the English compared to the Germans or the Japanese or even the French, was a century ago they had the capacity and were given the right to ask questions. We still have a bit of that heritage.....cherish it.

Feb 27, 2015, 15:41

Maybe it was one of those stupid "Nazi's" from the other site RooiAAS....one of the fuehrers you were always mocking. Suffice it to say,  whoever  it was must have had a good laugh.

Feb 27, 2015, 15:42

Michael row the boat ashore...... 

Feb 27, 2015, 15:52

Just one question.If it was a farce, which it appears to have been, how on earth was the poster in the same geographic location as the Argentinian team, as was apparently verified by the Ed's? An English speaking poster, presumably South African, bought plane tickets and spent a shart load on accommodation etc, just to fool a bunch of random strangers on a forum?

I am just playing devil's advocate here, but maybe Tomas would rather just not admit it was him, than face the frenzy (All be it in a tea cup) of him admitting it was him?  

Feb 27, 2015, 16:00

From Oxford on line:

"suffice (it) to say1

Used to indicate that one is saying enough to make one’s meaning clear while withholding something for reasons of discretion or brevity: suffice it to say that they were not considered suitable for this project "

More egg.

Feb 27, 2015, 16:00

It is easy to get an IP address from different countries so it appears you are there when in fact you are not.  NO, I AM NOT OLE CRUZ, lol

Feb 27, 2015, 16:22

Bwahahaha @ JW! Didn't think you were! Although, now I am not so sure! 

Feb 27, 2015, 17:32

Yes, most of us were conned & like any good con most still like the perpetrator after the fact. Will Ole reappear? Or will the enraged pursue him to the ends of the earth?

Ole Cruz - still cruising somewhere?
         Image result for emoticon motor bike                             

Who is he & who are those wee chaps chasing him mumbled the fair-minded kiwi

Feb 27, 2015, 17:38

Well, now that some on here are convinced the spoof was identity theft and a crime, I doubt anyone will take credit. Identity theft my arse! Good spoof that's all. Lolz!!

Feb 27, 2015, 22:41

Poi-e: JW detection agency has a duty of care to check the evidence submitted by its agents.:D I checked the twitter account of Ole Cruz and your twitter post and his reply is there as you showed it on this thread, but it is incomplete. 

It says:

"and I thought I'd check to see if it was in fact you. Thanks and sorry for bothering you."

But we don't see the text before this quote. It could have said anything and his reply could have been to anything.

Twitter does not display the prior tweets only the last 26 & it limits the number of characters we can use so that may explain why we don't have the full story.

Is this sufficient poof? I leave it to others to decide.

Personally I never believed Ole Cruz was Tomas but he had interesting posts...

Feb 27, 2015, 22:48

Oh please JW I seem t orecall you were asking Thomas to email his signature to you which you intended to frame etc. Dont you remember?:D

Feb 27, 2015, 22:53

Beeno: Tomas said he will contact you if you provide your contact information:angel:

PS Please note that Tomas does not have an "h" in his name. Any good detective would know this, lol

Feb 27, 2015, 23:10

jw I DIDNT HANG ON EVERY WORD OF OLE CRUZ LIKE YOU DID.

I JUST REALISED HE WAS A FAKE WHEN POOIE UNMASKED HIM.

Feb 27, 2015, 23:21

Poi-e took the initiative to investigate matters Beeno, full credit to him!

While others were strangely silent, perhaps serving a well deserved stint in a cell.

Beeno: the arrest

But look at the number of posts he has mumbled the fair-minded kiwi 

Feb 27, 2015, 23:24

CleverMichael row the Boat ashore 

Feb 27, 2015, 23:52

Feb 27, 2015, 23:55

There you go JW, the tweet I posted 3 days ago, it had to be broken into 2 tweets due to the character limit. I spose it would be too much to ask for an apology from you for accusing me of spinning bullsh!t

Feb 28, 2015, 00:13

Poi-e, well done boet, but can you please contact him again & extend an invitation for him to visit us here ?:angel:

Feb 28, 2015, 03:23

Justwin perhaps our good friend beeno is getting confused between Tomas and Thomas the tank engine :'( 

Feb 28, 2015, 07:59

Poi-e, well done mate! Thanks for going to the trouble to dig out the tweets. Sorry I had to put you through the "investigative protocols". 

If others were doing their job it would not have been necessary, disciplinary action will now begin:D

Feb 28, 2015, 12:15

Cloudy I cant be blamed if Tomas spell his name incorrectly!

Feb 10, 2019, 08:58

:O

Feb 10, 2019, 18:34

Thanks SB, I recalled the string but couldn't find it again. It's hilarious that Peeper having totally capitulated is now an agnostic.

Feb 14, 2019, 21:21

You need to Log in to reply.