Only 2 Boks in the top 20

Giteau and Carter are top paid in Japan with £1.1M

Highest paid SH player is Hooper on £570K at the Waratahs

Dec 18, 2019, 22:35

Eben at €900K I hear.

Dec 18, 2019, 23:20

I wonder why he is not on the list

Dec 18, 2019, 23:30

Pollard, Faf and Eben are match winners.....not one season wonders....so they get the big money. Amazing that Wanker and Peeper couldn't see that.

Dec 18, 2019, 23:44

Could not see what idiot?

Dec 19, 2019, 07:17

Interesting how Michael responded to his name from Mozart's post

:D

Dec 19, 2019, 09:02

DA

I do not mind being called "wanker" by that twisted lunatic Mozart.   He is the worst idiot on rugby issues I ever came across and being called a wanker by him is a compliment - since everyone knows that he is an expert in Idiot Speak.   

Dec 19, 2019, 09:05

Duplication 

Dec 19, 2019, 17:06

Hahahaha.....Wanker by name, wanker by nature!

Dec 19, 2019, 19:59

$1.3 Million per year ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

The top NFL quarterback currently earns $35 million per year. Mainly because the NFL can charge $4000 for an average seat at at the playoffs and still fill their massive stadiums to capacity with ease.

My point ? It probably wont happen so don't fret too much, but maybe top 5 countries should pray every night to sky fairy that rugby does not become popular in the USA. They will buy all the best players, coaches etc. with their pocket change.

I see 'Major League Rugby' is starting next year. Beast probably got more money for 1 year than he did his entire career. 

Dec 19, 2019, 23:54

The USA has the second most number of people playing rugby after England.

I know it’s all relative but there are over a million players in the States and rugby union is the fastest growing sport there

My son is thinking about coaching in the States given how well paid they are and how much the game is growing there.

He has a sports science degree in coaching and wants to be a rugby coach which is what he is doing in London now. It’s hard to believe but I had no part to play in his career choice.

As a kid he was a damn good player but never really watched the game just played it. He watched more football than rugby. At Uni he fell in love with the game and started coaching a club under 14 side while at Uni.

He in now coaching 3 sides and at a number of schools and has just started his level 3 coaching course. It will take him a year to complete and if he passes which he will, he will be the youngest ever in the UK to have level 3.

I’m jealous!!!!

Dec 20, 2019, 00:14

Wow Saffex, this the same lad that played 1p for the Saints under 16 team? Damn! Has time moved on so fast?

Best of luck to him. The USA is a great country, regardless of all the Yanks...he'll enjoy it there.

Dec 20, 2019, 00:46

Yes Draad he is 22 now!!!!

Poor boy has his dads shoulders had op on the right one 3 years ago, having the left one done in March next year. Damn shoulders keep getting in the way of his playing the game. He was playing for London Welsh.

He lives and breathes the game these days, is like a sponge trying to take in as much as he can.

He is starting a 7’s academy with one of his club players fathers. He has a 7’s squad that includes some of the best players from clubs his club side play against in 15’s one of those kids being ex England and British Lions coach Dick Best son.

Dick was so impressed with my boy as a coach he moved his son from London Irish to Teddington so that he could be coached by Matt in 15’s as well. Dicks son brought 4 mates with him.

Great endorsement for my boy. It’s also helpful that Dick is now a rugby agent with big name players and coaches on his books.

What is also funny is that my boy is head coach of the University College London side and some of the players being medical students are actually older than my boy.

Dec 20, 2019, 11:46

"The towering Etzebeth, who will reportedly earn more than 1 million euros ($1.1 million) a season at Stade Felix Mayol, joins a long list of Springboks to play for the side run by controversial president Mourad Boudjellal.

"Toulon were quite an easy choice. Many South Africans have played here. Bryan Habana, Bakkies Botha, Duane Vermeulen and many many more," he told AFP earlier this week."

Damn, that's alot of money for doing what you love.

Dec 20, 2019, 13:26

So much money for Pollard. Wow!! What a waste.

Dec 20, 2019, 15:51

Good luck to your son Dave !

Dec 20, 2019, 16:25

I am happy for the rugby players earning big bugs  playing for NH clubs,   But are they really doing that well compared to other codes of sport.    Even a middle of the range golfers made plenty of bugs per year - the cricketers make more than the rugby players in 8 weeks playing in the IPL than players like Etzebeth and Pollard makes in a year,  

Beside that the cricketers get monthly income from SCA and play in other series all over the world, making even more money,   Most of the rugby players will love to make the money cricket players like De Villiers, Morris and De Kock make in a year.    .  

Dec 20, 2019, 16:25

"So much money for Pollard. Wow!! What a waste."

Some prize achievement at the highest level...clearly you don't regard the RWC victory in the same vein as the rich French club owners...you have a point, but not as good a point as you believe.

Dec 20, 2019, 18:58

Dave rugby has really exploded in the USA......surprisingly.

Your son  has made an excellent career decision and I wish him well with all the success that comes his way.

Dec 20, 2019, 19:05

Thanks AJ and Seagull

You need to Log in to reply.