You need to LOG IN to reply.

Question for those who want Folau banned

Forum » Rugby » Question for those who want Folau banned

May 04, 2019, 00:34

Would you fly on Quantas, who are partners with Qatar Airlines, the national carrier of a country which has outlawed homosexuality.

Just curious.

May 04, 2019, 05:36

Now I'm more curious...

May 04, 2019, 08:40

Dr Moz they would provided the aircraft was appropriately staffed with homosexual pilots and lesbian airhostess. After all why be inconvenienced by the hypocrisy at play. 

Saffex is most put out we won't accept his perverse support for perversions. He is echoed by the two pervs rooijackass and Sharktwit. 

How the Folau incident has unmasked the pervs. They will never live it down! 

May 04, 2019, 09:21

Folau is simply quoting the Bible. If you want to ban anything, ban the Bible.

May 04, 2019, 09:28

Pakie that is precisely what these fascist atheists would love to do but can't.

They want to shut down ALL speech that they don't agree with.

Fat Dave wants Folau banned. How Dave has given himself away!! 

May 04, 2019, 09:29

May 04, 2019, 09:33

It's very odd really. The atheists don't belive in God, heaven or hell. But are mortally offended if told who won't go to heaven. They are particularly focused on the fact that homosexuals won't go to heaven but have no concern about drunks etc.

So remarks about a non existent hell must lead to Folau being banned. Weird really weird. 

May 04, 2019, 09:37

They can't be very confident about their BS story. :D

May 04, 2019, 09:46

Well Beeno, Bible people should also decide what exactly they believe. Jesus said he who believes in me will live even though he dies. He didn't add "unless you're gay/a drunk/a liar" after it. Folau is peddling the typical old fire and brimstone fear nonsense the church used to subdue people that serves only to divide, as is evident from what happened after he went tweet-tweet.

Reach out in love, not with threats and fear mongering. There is enough hate and persecution in the world, we don't need to spread more, whether in the name of the gods or otherwise. That's the issue with Folau's twittertytweet.

May 04, 2019, 10:24

Folau is pedaling God's word nothing more nothing less. 

People who believe in Jesus, who genuinely believe, do Not practice a homosexuality lifestyle. CHIST SETS THE SINNER FREE! 

What are you talking about regarding threats. Hell is a reality and the reality is that people are on their way there. Giving false comfort etc is the worst for of fake news there can be. 

Folau is threatening nobody. He is faithfully conveying God's word to a rebellious world - why do the NATIONS RAGE against the LORD and His ANNOINTED.

The words I have spoken will be your judge Jesus said. ALL must rise to the JUDGEMENT THRONE of Christ. Saying there will be a judgment, an accounting for what one has done is no threat by Folau, its telling it as it is. 

Certainly Floau didn't do this to make his own life easier of more prosperous. He knew there would be persecution. 

It is interesting that the notion that there will be a judgment enrages atheists. Possibly because of fear and because they are fundamentally lawless as is Satan himself. 

No the person who has the truth but who waters it down or twists it or is silent will have the blood of the wicked on his hands. We must warn people. 

So those in Christ are eternally thankful that Jesus paid for their sins and they are forgiven and adopted into the family of God as Sons and Daughters. Very good news which one must share with the like of frothing atheists in season and out of season.

May 04, 2019, 10:38

Making the world a better place since ... never :blink:

May 04, 2019, 10:44

I have yet to see a valid argument against the lack of a direct quote from Jesus concerning homosexuality, it seems to be the concept of others in the bible. A man made construct it seems, during a period of history where offspring were everything and homosexuality had the potential to lessen the numbers of each generation. Sadly some christians world wide have accepted this commentary in the bible rather than the actual words of their prophet.

May 04, 2019, 11:16

Oh my you don't appear to know that one of the titles of Jesus is The Word. See chapter 1 of John's Gospel - the Word was with God and the Word was God etc.

So the entire Bible are the words of God. CHRIST IS THE LIVING WORD. The world's were made through Him etc. 

Homosexuality is roundly condemned in both old and New Testament MANY TIMES. 

Yes Jesus was a prophet in terms of His ministry. However He is infinitely more He is the eternal God the Son of the eternal. Farther. The Universe holds together by the word of His power. 

Be assured the many Biblical condemnations of homosexuality are the Words of Jesus. Marriage is only between a man and woman. End of story. 

May 04, 2019, 11:40

If you're not a Jew, why would you care about what these ancient texts and laws written exclusively for the Israelites/Hebrews/Jews say about anything?

May 04, 2019, 11:59

There is a huge amount to learn from the Old Testament about the ways of God. Not least of all the more than 300 prophecies about the Messiah. 

The whole message of salvation for example starts in Genisis where the seed  of the woman shall brize the serpents head. The sacrifice of the lamb etc etc

The Old Testament flows seemlessly into the new. It is quoted by Jesus Himself. 

Pakie you don't appear to have read the Bible. Seldom have I ever seen such bizarre ideas floated anywhere about what very ignorant people imagine they think the Bible teaches. Yet with no hesitation the propound their frankly absurd views.

Anyhow let's not discourage anybody expressing their views but heck shouldn't you read the Bible first. 

May 04, 2019, 12:40

I read the Bible, and about the Bible, in its historical context, not as a fundamental believer.

May 04, 2019, 13:10

Dont forget to take genocide, hate and slavery into account as well if you believe that old pile of horse shit.

But the they will just plaster over those parts as they dont make the sky fairy look like the loving god they are peddling.

May 04, 2019, 13:35

If you want to look at love you can't beat the cross. 

Read also Psalm 2 old crust. 

Amazed how your raving hatred of a God you thinks doesn't exist is eating you up.  

May 04, 2019, 13:38

As for God, He is of course a God of love and slow to anger but He does judge as you can see from the scriptures.  But the final judgment happens when you stand before the judgment throne of Christ. 

May 04, 2019, 15:00

Still waiting for the first 'ban Folau' poster to say they wouldn't fly Quantas.....and of course none would as a practical matter.

The point is not to open the old debates as to what is right or wrong.....it's a narrow point about the hypocrisy in modern society.

Folau wasn't threatening anybody....nobody is at risk. He simply expressed his beliefs. All sorts of other extreme views are expressed with impunity, but when the strongest mover in all this is an airline that is willing to partner with Qatar Airlines, it's hypocritical.

This is cold financial calculation, Quantas would never initiate anything about Qatar's policies....but they figured there were more customers against Folau than for him. So they decided to oppress the minority view.

Unless people are threatening others let them say what they want.....controlling expression is the first step to fascism.

May 04, 2019, 15:03

Dr Moz not sure it's a minority view the globalist controlled media often mislead in this regard. 

May 04, 2019, 16:13

I'd happily fly Qatar or Qantas. Its just business and if one of the two were to offer the best deal, they'd get my business. Their different philisophies are for them to reconcile, not me. Also, neither airline has a problem with gay passengers making use of their services. So quite frankly, your question is basically pointless. Mozter, I have a question for you. As a business leader, if one of your most valuable employees disobeyed a direct instruction you'd given him, what would you do? Nothing? 

You see, there are two parts to this epic. First is freedom of religion. From which point of view, Izzy is completely justified in doing what he did. But the other is a direct instruction by an employer, which was blatantly ignored. 

For me, Israel was given the instruction by his employer, because he represents an entire nation, not only the Christian portion of it. He ignored that instruction. That requires disciplinary action. Simple. 

May 04, 2019, 18:10

Blue, not that simple. Does an employer have the right to tell his employee what he is allowed to say on something not related to his job? Unless it's written into his contract, I can't see what gives them the right to tell him what he can or cannot say on social media. This wasn't hate speach...and he did not do anything in his capacity as player....and Quantas should be careful too, I'm sure lots more Christians than gays fly Q.

May 04, 2019, 18:23

I would never want to fly with an Islam airline. I would prefer they did not even have aeroplanes given the terrorist climate.  

Not sure why Qantas is partnering with them- certainly a conflict of ideology, and it is hypocrisy.   I suppose one question is if Qatar's beliefs are the same as their government and religion.
If so, why do they let gay people fly... I suppose everyone has their price where they forget their values

I thought many of these countries were on the banned listing of trading partner countries anyway. America itself has an extensive list of countries that it has marked for non-trade.

May 04, 2019, 20:00

I agree with you, BeanDip ... Pakie hasn't read the Bible as he claims. It's either that or he spent an awful long time reading this book without grasping any of it.

It must have taken him an age ... reading two pages without understanding ... and then falling asleep ... only to awake again ... to read the same two pages over again ... and again. 

I cannot think of anything more torturous.

I don't believe him.

I have come across many folk who like to say "the Bible says this ... and the Bible says that" ... thinking that they would never be challenged because the hearer is as ignorant as they are.

Take a look at Shezza's attempt to promote homosexuality by using the Bible.

"I have yet to see a valid argument against the lack of a direct quote from Jesus concerning homosexuality, it seems to be the concept of others in the bible. A man made construct it seems, during a period of history where offspring were everything and homosexuality had the potential to lessen the numbers of each generation. Sadly some christians world wide have accepted this commentary in the bible rather than the actual words of their prophet"

It is true that Jesus never spoke of homosexuality ... nor did He speak of abortion or child molestation ... however .. He did speak of sexual immorality ... and of marriage (Gen 2:24 ... Matt 5:28 & 15:19 ... Matt 19:5 & Mark 10:7-8)

He said that He hadn't come to abolish the law of Moses and the writings of the prophets but to fulfill them (Matthew 5:17) 

The above passages makes His stance on sexual immorality quite clear and I'm sorry to burst your bubble Shezza, but being a poo dipper is described in the Bible as an abomination. Are you one?

Leviticus 18:22 ... Romans 1:26 - 27.

Go read Matt 19 and see how Jesus answered a Pharasee's question.

Better luck next time, Shezza.

May 04, 2019, 21:29

I wonder why those who are religious feel responsible for explaining their beliefs, not so solid it seems

May 04, 2019, 21:58

Shezza, why do those who do not believe feel compelled to attack the beliefs of those who do?...not so solid either it seems?

May 04, 2019, 22:30

Maybe out of curiosity?

May 04, 2019, 22:34

Nah, too much venom in it for curiosity.

May 04, 2019, 22:38

1. Falou is the person in the media (not an atheist, or another religion).

2. Beeno is the poster that accounts for over 80% of this BS.

Spot the similarity- the cause and effect. A few backward simpleton's. 

The likes of Draad do not go to Church. He does not want to preached to- he wants to be the preacher.  Most Christians do not go to Church because they want to spread their own version of the Gospel - each is their own apostle.  
They enjoy doing their bible bashing to non-Christians but do not like it when their church leaders bible bash them.  '
This is how the non-church attendees get their ticket into heaven by bible bashing to non-believers- instead of going to their own church and receiving bible bashing. 

Everyone else is just responding to the garbage being forced on them,...

May 04, 2019, 22:55

Oh no, perhaps it has been interpreted incorrectly. Or was it ambiguous? Maybe there is a commonality 

May 04, 2019, 23:28

Shark, you know nothing of me. I have forced nothing on you. You are the one constantly mocking and attacking ...cause and effect? You stink of hypocrisy, but the irony is lost on you. You are either too stupid or too self righteous to realise that you are just as intolerant as what you accuse Beeno of being. You force your New age BS on others every day. Your anti - religion...your Satanism. You are an immature arsehole mouthing off your hate daily. 

May 05, 2019, 02:00

Frankly all that needed to happen is for Australian rugby to distance themselves from Folau's views....if asked. No need to be proactive.

As far as Quantas is concerned they are a sponsor, Folau is not their employee. They didn't need to get involved and if asked could have stressed that this is a matter for Australian rugby and their policy is inclusive and this is an internal matter for them.

As long as Folau's views were legal, which they were, he was protected by the right of free speech....all Australian rugby needed to do was reiterate their policy, stress that while Folau's views were not theirs...he has a constitutional right to make them.

At the same time another friendly conversation with Folau might have gotten them through the WC without further incidents.

Case closed.

May 05, 2019, 02:46

I love flying Qantas, direct Sydney Joburg & the best safety record ever.

May 05, 2019, 04:18

Blobbok.......me too. Air NZ and Qantas safety first and if it wasn’t for Mt Erebus we would be up there too.

May 05, 2019, 05:04

Not my favorite airline but hey there's no way I'm gonna cycle from Sydney to Vegas:'(

May 05, 2019, 06:05

Lol

May 05, 2019, 07:41

Not that funny Cloudy....spare a thought for my derriere:ermm:

May 05, 2019, 11:36

Discrimination Law | Introduction to discrimination laws - CompactLaw
Discrimination against someone because they associate with a person who possesses a protected characteristic. The Equality Act 2010 extended this to cover age, disability, gender reassignment and sex. It already applied to race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.

---------------------

Their needs to be clarity between discrimination law and religion within democratic countries. 
The way the law is now, it seems that both groups are guilty and victims of discrimination in this situation. 

Faloa seems to be a victim of discrimination while also being guilty of discrimination. 

Their needs to be more clarity on what the law is between freedom of speech in religion and discrimination. 

Both religion and sexual orientation are covered under anti-discriminatory laws in democratic countries. 
Can one protected characteristic group discriminate against another one under freedom of expression? Is it classified as freedom of expression or discrimination? 
The outcome of this could set a precedent for future interpretations - making the law more explicit how this conduct should be legalised. 

In many countries, religion is in the decline (typically democratic countries) - so it may eventually or sooner, classify some comments in the Bible as discriminatory. At least if someone quotes the Bible to support their views. 

If someone believes they are going to heaven - how does this affect their attitude to people here on earth that are not in their category of people that God will give an afterlife. 

Religious Hebrews believe they are Gods Chosen people, and that God will one day return and make them the Kings over everyone else here on Earth. How does this affect their interaction with other people?  

The way the law is now, it seems that both groups are guilty and victims of discrimination in this situation. The Bible was written thousands of years ago, so its values are pretty outdated at this stage. A bit like an outdated PC. 
Some people believe the Bible is written by people, but others believe it was written by God. 
If you believe it is the word of God- then surely that would take precedence over man-made laws? 

May 05, 2019, 13:23

Think about it this way......it had to be credible to the people of the time, to help pull them out of anarchy. So it's written in language and imagery they could understand....no point in telling a 1000 BC herdsman about evolution.

What's enduring are the underlying principles and they are still fully relevant today....every system of government has emerged from religious convictions....even the failed Russian communist state that had at it's core....atheism.

May 05, 2019, 13:51

It would stand to reason that democracy would be invented by a polytheistic religion (multiple truths or a relative reality) and culture - than say a monolithic religion. 

Ancient Greeks and the Ancient Romans were Polytheistic - until around 300AD when Constantine made the formerly Jewish religion the formal religion of the West. 

It seems the democratic morals of Ancient Greeks and Romans, were more progressive than the Christian values- but that is subjective of course! 

It seems polytheistic religion has made more contribution to society than the monolithic (Abraham) religion.

May 05, 2019, 14:43

Yes atheism is definitely a religion requiring you to believe the Universe  created itself out of nothing. Takes a huge blind leap of faith. 

Trust the atheists don't mind the rest of us having huge laugh at their expense. Imagine 350 volumes of encyclopedia Britannica size information encoded in one strand of DNA.  That all happened by chance. Bwhahahahaha. Anybody thinking atheists are a waste of space, oxygen thieves and the like forget the comic value they provide as the play the Fool superbly! :D

May 05, 2019, 14:54

The progressives of today are the most regressive bunch on earth filled with LGBT people, femnazis and weirdos of every ilk. Their home is the demonrat party. 

No wonder there is a massive uprising against these lunatics.

Freedom, family values  decency, lawfulness and prosperity all prospered in countries where the Judaic/Christian values ruled.

Look at the trouble the EU and USA got into by going atheistic. Consider as I said the huge fight back against Globalist/marxist/atheistic governance.

Witness also the crack down on free speech. It's all over the web these days. Atheism leads to totalitarianism. Think Stalin Hitler and Mao.

"The FOOL has said in his heart there is no God" . A loud AMEN  to that. 

May 05, 2019, 14:57

Doubtless these whacked out atheists will try and also protect the sexual orientation of pedophilia. Watch and see oaks the slide into the cesspool has a way to go yet. The progressive are already busy. 

You need to Log in to reply.