Rassie and Neinaber to stay on till 2025

Forum » Rugby » Rassie and Neinaber to stay on till 2025

Jan 16, 2023, 15:15

GREAT NEWS re Rassie, less so Neinaber

Springboks: Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber to stay on post Rugby World Cup

Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber look set to retain their roles as Springboks’ director of rugby and Springboks’ head coach after the Rugby World Cup.

After guiding South Africa to World Cup glory in 2019 and backing that up with a series win over the British and Irish Lions, Erasmus and Nienaber are set to remain in charge of the Boks until 2025.

Afrikaans Sunday newspaper Rapport have revealed that the coaching duo can begin preparations for the World Cup knowing their jobs are secure post the tournament in France.

The paper spoke to Erasmus’ lawyer, Frikkie Erasmus, who confirmed that the Springbok DOR’s deal runs until 2025 but does include an exit clause if he wishes to depart after the World Cup.

“Rassie is contracted until 2025, but in terms of the terms of the contract, he has the right to end his contract earlier,” Frikkie Erasmus said.

It is understood that South African Rugby president Mark Alexander confirmed that the Bok coaches’ contracts would not expire after the World Cup.

If Erasmus does vacate his role, it is thought that Jacques Nienaber will follow suit and that the Springboks’ performance in the tournament would play a role in the decision.

World Cup preparation

The newspaper also reported that the preparations for the World Cup beginning this March, with alignment camps taking place while the United Rugby Championship and Champions Cup are paused for the Six Nations.

South Africa are currently ranked fourth overall on the world rankings after winning eight of their 13 Tests in 2022 for a win rate of 61.5 per cent.

Their preparations for the World Cup begin with a shortened Rugby Championship tournament in July before warm-up games against Argentina, New Zealand, and Wales.

Jan 16, 2023, 15:20

Do we have to endure another 4 years if we are building towards the World Cup?

I would say the boks must reach the final, minimum if not with the bloody thing. 

As I said before. There’s no easy matches in pool A or B. 

I can maybe see us beat Ireland. NZ always have been 50/50, so not sure if we’ll get past them. Australia is our bogey team and we also drop a game against them. England, don’t know which team will show up and then either France or who ever in the final. 

I would definitely not shed a tear if we get knocked in quarters for Rassie, 

Jan 16, 2023, 17:10

KC

You have been anti-Erasmus since 2018 and the fact is you seems not to give Erasmus or Nienaber any credit for rebuilding the Springbok team after near to total destruction by Meyer and Coetzee. 

What do you endure from?   

Jan 16, 2023, 18:02

Anyone anti Rassie is completely rugby ignorant

Jan 16, 2023, 18:29

Ja sure....from 65% to 61.5 % win Ratio decline.....some of the worst player Selections in Bok history.....poor Record for building Player Depth ever....1 Dimensional Stampkar/ kick Gameplan, that makes us to predictable as seen so clearly this past season...no new Coaching Structures implemented....a Decline in our Defence Structures....Off Field incidents by Rassie that did more damage then anything else.....Disrespecting his head coach and making him his bitch...Rassie is far from perfect and best @ saving a down and out team, but keeping them @ the top a totally Different story.....so not seeing these facts, also could easily be labelled as Big time Rugby Ignorant.

Jan 16, 2023, 18:41

Mpower

Nothing  worse than the Meyer selections.  If you pick a World  Cup squad with 8 unplayable players like happened in 2015 you are really a desperately poor situation.

Stampkar rugby - that prevailed with White for the Springboks and every team he coached afterwards.  Meyer was desperately poor in that regard and Coetzee was totally clueless.  White has no knowledge about backline play and 15-man rugby.   Meyer said the backline players do not have the ball skills to play a ball-in-hand game and he never bothered to try anything different - he was same as White totally clueless about 15 man-rugby and especially backline usage.

-

Jan 16, 2023, 19:07

Mike, I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I have always said that Rassie should take over from Alistair and welcomed the fact that he took over. I also welcomed what he brought to SA. Stability and structure within our franchises. 

I'm Stormers fan and have been following Kolissi, Etzebeth, Kittshoff and the rest for some time now. Way back from U21 days. 

Neither have I been an Ardant Meyer fan. I moan and criticised just as much as any bok fan when the team doesn't show up or they lose down to coaching errors. Mainly around selection and what the players put out on the park. 

Up and until the the Lions series, I was all behind Rassie. But what I don't like is big egos or Windgat people. 

I have gone through great length to explain why I am less of a Rassie fan these days. Especially when we as the fans have to suffer through the losses and watch how they pick Jantjies over a form Player like Libbok that didn't even get a sniff until all the 10s imploded. Even Fat Frans was selected at 10 who completely bombed. 

The only difference with White way back when was that we all knew he was getting ready for the WC. We as the fans didn't like that the players were being rested or left behind. But all the players arrived fit and ready. The end result, we won. 

I also stressed that I don't like meaningless test. Looks like these days the only test worth watching is during the World Cup. 

I'm not sure Rassie deserves another 4 years when he has already been in the seat for 6 years. 

But as my previous thread, there aren't that many quality SA coaches putting their hands up right now.

Jan 16, 2023, 19:27

Erasmus was a mess from the start. It's like a strange spell has been cast over South African rugby, it's just like Rasputin. An Erasputin to be precise. We must rid South African rugby of this malady at once before all is lost. 

Jan 16, 2023, 20:09

Erasmus was a mess from the start.  He built up a demoralized team into a team winning the RC and WC in 2019 - the first time ANY TEAM won those two trophies in the same year.    I am delighted that is a mess - I LMAO  - It is total comedy,     

Jan 16, 2023, 20:36

Actually the demoralized team was the Harrassmiss’ 2018 Boks with its 50% win ratio and losses to England, Wales, New Zealand, Australia and Argentina. 

He was blundering along at the WC but the easiest pathway ever and an English team which never showed resurrected his fortunes. Since then we have sunk back into mediocrity and could easily drop out of the top 5 this year.

He has also sullied the Bok name with his unprecedented attack on the refs.

Jan 16, 2023, 21:05

Erasputin won the abbreviated RC, with a win over the worst Wallaby side in 45 years. Hardly the stuff of legend. Even last season, against the worst All Black and Wallaby sides of all time, Erasputin still couldn't win a full RC. Even with the ref in his pocket, wiping teams out of games, he still couldn't do it. Embarrassing. Jake was minutes away from back to back TN titles against the last strong era of Wallaby and All Blacks, without Pumas to pad out the stats sheet. 

Jan 16, 2023, 21:33

Mozart

Stop talking shit on site.  The Springboks Erasmus inherited from Meyer and Coetzee was totally demoralized - they even lost against Italy.     He had to rebuild the team from the word go and the first task he had to get the leadership back into playing positive rugby especially those players like Pollard and Le Roux that were ignored by Coetzee and played no real international rugby in 2016 and 2017.     In the second case there were gaps to be filled in the team and for that he had to select experimental players to see whether they make the grade.   Some never made the grade and was excluded from the team - some like Esterhuizen were given multiple chances but in the end failed to deliver the goods.

In any event the 2018 tream did something that never happened in an away test and that w in beating the AB's in NZ.   They beat the touring English team as well.   By the way they played an extra match in 2018 against the English team and Esterhuizen did a thing that destroyed any chances of winning the game minutes before the end of the match.

There never was an easier pathway for a WC winner than was the case with the 2007 team coached by clueless White.   

Jan 16, 2023, 21:54

They were not demoralized under Meyer. They were consistently #2 under him. Coetzee empowered players to showcase their ability; the turnovers were costly. The Boks have been so dour under Erasputin that many of the most respected people in the game have commented on this. Woodward has it right, this strange coaching arrangement is a joke and should not have been implemented in the first place.

In any event the 2018 tream did something that never happened in an away test and that w in beating the AB's in NZ.

Really? Care to review 1998, 2008, and 2009? We've won in New Zealand a few more times Michael.  How about the home game of 2018 that Erasputin ruined? 

By the way they played an extra match in 2018 against the English team and Esterhuizen did a thing that destroyed any chances of winning the game minutes before the end of the amtch.

Not really actually. Damian blundered the most physically dominant pack performance over England that I have ever seen, and then conceded the penalty to give England the lead, after which they ran amock! Esterhuizen made the right decision given the situation and was fouled. Esterhuizen sums up situations quickly, and was not to blame. We also had two attacks deep in England territory to claw our way back, both blundered by the weak carriers of Lood who fumbled the ball both times. 

He had to rebuild the team from the word go and the first task he had to get the leadership back into playing positive rugby especially those players like Pollard and Le Roux that were ignored by Coetzee and played no international rugby in 2016 and 2017.   

Rebuild? Really? Who were these players? Kitshoff, Malherbe, Marx, Eben, Lood, du Toit, Kolisi, Thor, Whiteley, Louw, Pollard, Faf, Janjties, Willie, Beast, Mostert, De Allende, Kriel, Am, Bongi, Frans, Morné, Reinach, Nyakane, Britz? Stop peddling consistently debunked lies Michael. 

Jan 16, 2023, 22:05

Loose-head PropTendai MtawariraSharks34116 
HookerBongi MbonambiWP2835 
Tight-head PropFrans MalherbeWP2837 
LockEben EtzebethWP2884 
LockLood de JagerBlue Bulls2644 
Flank (C)Siya KolisiWP2849 
FlankPieter-Steph du ToitWP2754 
EighthmanDuane VermeulenBlue Bulls3353 
ScrumhalfFaf de KlerkSale2829 
FlyhalfHandré PollardBlue Bulls25472 conversions, 6 penalties
Left WingMakazole MapimpiSharks29131 try
Inside CentreDamian de AllendeWP2746 
Outside CentreLukhanyo AmSharks2514 
Right WingCheslin KolbeToulouse26131 try
Full BackWillie le RouxVerblitz3060 
ReserveFranco MostertGloucester2838 
ReserveMalcolm MarxLions2532 
ReserveSteven KitshoffWP2746 
ReserveVincent KochSaracens2920 
ReserveRG SnymanBlue Bulls2422 
ReserveFrancois LouwBath3475 
ReserveFrancois SteynMontpellier3266 
ReserveHerschel JantjiesWP239 

Harrassmiss blooded exactly one new player in the WC final, Mapimpi. He was gifted the rest by Coetzee and Meyer in particular

Jan 16, 2023, 22:21

Michael lies…I think it’s his training in local government. An environment where bullshit baffles brains.

Jan 16, 2023, 23:30

Mpower get your facts straight you are starting to sound stupid

Rassie is the best coach we have had since readmission

The only time we have slipped is when Rassie has not been hands on

Vast improvement in the way we played on the EOYT - we should have won all 4, but for a pathetic ref against Ireland and a red card against France

We are on the right track to defend our WC title - as Shaun Edwards correctly said - the Boks are the best side in the game right now regardless of the rankings

Boks will win the next WC thanks to Rassie - I’d put big money on that

Jan 17, 2023, 04:36

Erasputin's Boks play very much like Straeul's Boks, only, without the hard edge. The Boks looked ragged last year. Very disorganised. They have shown the worst ability of all top 15 sides to break down an organised defence. Sloppy handling errors, mindless running, no discernible plan outside of a couple of phases. Defence has deteriorated markedly, now the worst of the top 10 sides, scrapping 80%. Where has the development been? Who are our wings? Bodies shuffled around the backline, no clear answers. Badly managed team. Poor attention to detail. No analytical skills. 

Jan 17, 2023, 12:28

Doos XL I’ll say it again no one gives a fuck what you say

I’ll say this again, Rassie is our best coach since readmission

No coach has ever turned the Boks around like he did and he is going to create history by winning a second WC

Jan 17, 2023, 12:32

Turned it around? 7th to 5th and 6th place through 2018 to the loss in the WC against New Zealand. The easy schedule and path and the double ranking points created a myth, that and the year out. The Boks have never looked like a top 3 team under Erasputin. 

Jan 17, 2023, 12:43

Yes you dumbfuck from 7 to 1, a RC, a WC and a Lions series win

No Bok coach has ever achieved that in 18 months and that’s a fact

But please be my guest and prove me wrong

Show me a better run by a Bok coach you dumbfuck

Easy WC my arse, Jakes was far easier and that’s a fact - he only played England in the whole campaign, the rest of the sides were nobodies

Take your time

The only reason we went from 6 to 7 was us playing our B side against Wales in the US. Straight after that he took us to number 1 within 18 months

Now prove me wrong or shut the fuck up you rugby ignorant fool

Jan 17, 2023, 12:58

He went to 7th, to 6th, to 5th and to 6th through 2018 into 2019. Until Japan, we were 6th. So, we had Japan, and injury-depleted Welsh side and the greatest matchup of the NH sides who lose their prop in a key scrum battle. Beast feasts on their scrum. It could not have been easier. Myth. Never a top 3 side under Etasputin, arguably, not even top 5. 

Jan 17, 2023, 15:45

Listen here chicken shit I have provided the facts now man up and provide me with the evidence of a Bok coach having a better run.

You are so pathetic I see you are still hanging onto your lie of an injury depleted Welsh side. Pathetic lies

Failing which just shut your ignorant trap

Now provide the evidence loser

Jan 17, 2023, 15:59

Facts? You and Michael combined equate to one forked tongue. I dub thee Prong 1 to Michael's Prong 2. Not a fact to be found anywhere near either one of you! :D

Jan 17, 2023, 16:15

You do not recognize facts if it slaps you in the face.  You distribute farts and call the BS are facts.    

Jan 17, 2023, 16:21

Facts? Like Jake dropping Morné for the 2007 WC, or Esterhuizen losing the Aussie test we won in 2018, or Morné losing the Dunedin test of 2012 after Goosen replaced him with the scores level, or Pollard not playing in 2017 despite accumulating 7 caps that year, Erasputin rebuilding the team with a core of players all capped by Snor, Meyer or Coetzee, Morné joining a soccer team, the amount of tests Jake played against NZ... the list goes on and on. I am having to correct pretty much every post you make for basic errors. You just can't tell the truth, not even by accident! :D

Jan 17, 2023, 17:51

Just as I thought - you are all ignorant mouth and no substance

Doos XL you are one pathetic excuse for a rugby follower

Chicken shit

Jan 17, 2023, 17:54

You are too sloppy Saffex, you do just as Michael does: Make it all up as you go along. Korn rightly drew attention to your inconsistencies regarding Willemse and Damian at 12. The rest is just mindlessly projected bluster with no consideration for accuracy or consistency. There's a commonality to the angry horde: all emotion. 

Jan 17, 2023, 19:04

Pathetic little chicken is all you are Doos

You are fucking useless

Man up and provide me with evidence of a better Bok coaching run than Rassie’s

Your attempts at deflection are s reflection of how fucking useless you are

Chicken shit

Jan 17, 2023, 19:30

Deflection? I have unveiled all of the bare bone facts. Hence you've had nothing to pin your donkey tail to the cart horse coach Erasputin. I can see you are about to cry now, so I'll give you a break. I just can't watch a grown man break down like a weak little girl. 

Jan 17, 2023, 19:34

It’s fucking simple Doos provide evidence of a Bok coach having a better run than Rassie

It’s that fucking simple

We all know why you are’nt providing the evidence as there simply is none

You are rugby ignorant

Jan 17, 2023, 19:39

Just think about it - if Erasmus and Nienaber are gone - Mozart and Doos XL (aka l'Grande Merde)  will have nothing to pollute the rugby section with while Du Toit and De Allende is around.   They never make any really useful and proven allegations against  coaches and players involved - since all that count with them and they produce on site is prejudicial BS.   

Jan 17, 2023, 20:10

Doos is such a low life he bangs on about Rassie being useless but can’t provide evidence of another Bok coach with a better run than Rassie

That sums up Doos’s rugby ignorance

I’m done with the useless twat, has zero credibility

Jan 17, 2023, 20:16

They never make any really useful and proven allegations against  coaches and players involved

Doos is such a low life he bangs on about Rassie being useless but can’t provide evidence of another Bok coach with a better run than Rassie

Actually, I have. I have disproven all of your assertions. Mr Michael has taken quite the beating the past week. It's interesting, what little information the two of you post is almost always errant. Basic facts are incorrect. Too sloppy, too many assumptions. And when you encounter the truth, you throw a tantrum. I can just about see Saffex's bottom lip quiver as I type. Poor wee fella. 

Jan 17, 2023, 20:18

Doos you are both pathetic and a liar

Provide the evidence low life

Jan 17, 2023, 20:31

It's all over the board. I suggest you start opening your eyes for once in your life. You are too lazy, and I'm not going to spoon feed you. 

Jan 17, 2023, 21:15

You pathetic low life

A simple list of a better run than Rassie is all I’m asking for

Come on big mouth let’s have it

You have been well and truly owned

Jan 17, 2023, 23:17

Not really. Jake, Meyer, Mallett, Early Snor were all better. 

Jan 17, 2023, 23:19

Provide the evidence chicken shit

I can also list names that carries zero weight

Just man up and provide the evidence failing which shut the fuck up on the subject

Jan 17, 2023, 23:21

I've produced enough. You are calling me a liar go show me where I have lied and what this correct information is. Stop being a lazy slob and post something of substance for once! 

Jan 17, 2023, 23:29

You are not only pathetic you are a fucking liar

You have NEVER provided any evidence showing a better coaching run than Rassie

There is an obvious reason for that - no other Bok coach has come close to taking the side from 7 to 1, won a RC and WC and won a Lions series in a period of 18 months

But Doos it’s simple just prove me wrong by providing the evidence instead of lying about having posted it before

You are seriously fucking pathetic and you have been completely owned on the subject

Jan 18, 2023, 00:05

Has any coach taken us from 1 to 4 in a year?

Jan 18, 2023, 00:17

Rassie was not hands on when it came to that fall

We can thank Neinaber for that - the non coach

But I’m guessing given how piss poor some of our coaches have been there must have been some significant drops in standings

Take Jakes piss poor 12 months for instance and there have been many worse Bok coaches than Jake

Jan 18, 2023, 00:29

Ah the old heads Rassie wins/tails Nienaber loses philosophy.

Jan 18, 2023, 01:16

Well if a coach is not physically with his team he can’t coach them. Rassie’s strength is motivation and he commands the respect of the players. None of that plays it’s part if you are sitting at home

Nothing will change my opinion on that

Jan 18, 2023, 01:49

They are making their attack better, which is promising for the World Cup. A mix of 15-man rugby combined with Bok's physicality and defence. 

Jan 18, 2023, 01:56

Like the YE tour..Ireland, France Harrismiss attends….Italy, England Harrassmiss is MIA.

Jan 18, 2023, 02:08

Yep we were good against Ireland and France - we were better than both. Shocking officiating and goal kicking cost us against Ireland and a Red against France did the same

Rassie was present with Italy

Jan 18, 2023, 02:18

Mozart

Youa re obviously totally stupid and blind in dealing  with  Erasmus and so is your comrade Doos XL aka l'Grande Merde.     You talk about Erasmus taking the team from 1 to 4 in a year  - so go back and see what White did in 2006 and 2007 prior to the WC and what Meyer did in the period November 2014 to September  2015.   In the latter period the Springboks played 8 matches and won 3.   Obviously you do not realize that the losses were in the main caused by the elderly players you support.   So no criticism of the coach at the time - bar one weak argument against the Meyer disaster yet you have the cheek to criticize Erasmus continuously on a daily basis based on BS you concocted in your rugby-empty top storey.  .         

The losses included the first time ever the Springboks lost a home game against Argentina and then there was the Japan disaster in the WC.  In that period the Springboks went from 3 in the world to 6.  The first time the Springboks did not win a single match in the RC.   

Jan 18, 2023, 12:24

Who lost those games in 2015? Damian directly conceded every try, Damian, Lood, Steph and Lambie messed up the Argie test and Kriel botched the Japan test. Damian and Lood cost us the WC semi. You can't blame gamelan for a player failing to make his assignments, though I do blame Meyer for giving in to pressure from dumb pseudo fans like you and Saffex. Meyer's Boks were far more advanced. The last functional attacking game, playing dynamic rugby. 

Jan 18, 2023, 17:12

Clever you obviously can’t read…I said in a year, not over 2 years. 

Jan 18, 2023, 17:40

It was definitely not the small percentage of Bad ref calls that made us loose those 2 games......we had more chances to win but our inability to execute properly, is the main reason....Fact!

Jan 18, 2023, 18:34

Mpower stop being stupid

If the ref and TMO’s had been any good the try to Ireland should never have been awarded on two counts - an Irish foot booting the ball through the ruck and then a blatant forward pass to the reserve prop

As for the test against France we played with 14 men, was never going to be a contest and we still nearly beat them

The officiating in the Irish test was disgraceful. Obviously it did not help that we had no recognised goal kicker and missed some sitters

But more to the point, we were better than Ireland and France in those games showing how much we have improved since the dip in displays - we played nice attacking rugby and dominated up front

Jan 18, 2023, 20:42

Stop being Stupid? Stupid is as Stupid does :D We were not better, otherwise we would have won !

Jan 18, 2023, 21:44

Oh boy fuck me I give up

Jan 18, 2023, 22:54

A South African whining about the ref is about the most ridiculous thing possible. That's the only thing keeping this shambles afloat. Erasputin was wise to attack the officiating and pull the race card out, he was never going to get an edge with coaching. Maybe it's time to get the disco lights out. 

Jan 18, 2023, 23:15

Listen Mozart

Erasmus does not decide on the EOYT schedule - World Rugby decides on it.   So that accusation of yours is BS.   Start thinking before you write BS in site.       

Jan 19, 2023, 04:39

What accusations Clever?

Jan 19, 2023, 08:23

Michael is losing the plot. Totally unraveling. 

Jan 19, 2023, 10:31

Moart

You wrote shit on site - not expected from a person like you.   You claim that Erasmus demoralized the team in 2018 and then turned that around in 2019.   I have never seen that in a team bar one coached by White.   The latter destroyed players by his conduct as to having favored players - while he shit on the rest of the team - an example being in the 2005 and 2006 Springbok teams and in the Sharks team in 2014.

In any event whether you like it or not 90% of your demonizing of Erasmus is due entirely to your prejudice against him caused by the fact that he and not White was appointed to replace Coetzee.      

Jan 19, 2023, 10:34

"Who lost those games in 2015? Damian directly conceded every try, Damian, Lood, Steph and Lambie messed up the Argie test and Kriel botched the Japan test. Damian and Lood cost us the WC semi. You can't blame gamelan for a player failing to make his assignments, though I do blame Meyer for giving in to pressure from dumb pseudo fans like you and Saffex. Meyer's Boks were far more advanced. The last functional attacking game, playing dynamic rugby. "

You could not be sane and wrote the above.   Sorry but only you are capable of coming up with that lot of BS all on your own.   Not  single issue you mention was true in every respect covered.   

Jan 19, 2023, 16:47

Yes Damien and Lomp were the culprits in the WC semi…..Lomp’s culpability is beyond question, he missed a routine tackle and they scored a try. Dud Allende’s flub has been extensively analysed on here and proven by video 

HM caved to the pressure to select the likes of Dud Allende and Lambie….White would have stuck to his beliefs.

Jan 19, 2023, 18:12

Mozart 

That analysis of yours was not replicated by anybody in the world.   Nonu was runni.ng  across the field trying to get away from De Allende and the latter had to follow him.  Initially you lied about him not tackling  Nonu.   When it was clear as to what happened in reality you went back on the missed tackle story - but still insisted for some stupid reason or other you blamed De4 Allende for the scoring  of the try.   It was BS of Pietersen not to cover Barrett and the try came from him  after in the tackle Nonu managed to off-load the ball to Barrett with Pietersen being  nowhere in defense.   Only a complete prejudiced idiot would blame De4 Allende fr that try being scored.    

In any event the final could still have been won despite the try if Matfield coming from the bench missing the first line-out ball thrown to him in a line-out and later on when the Springboks were given a easily convertable penalty.    Matfield decided to do a neck wrestle on an AB player and the penalty was reversed and the AB's got a penalty as a result.

Meyer was totally clueless about team selection.  He selected 8 unplayable players for the WC squad of 2015 and he was fired by Stade Francais on the same score.  Stade gave him an unlimited amount of money and he squandered it on has-beens and never-has-beens.   He was shockingly poor in backline selections and fuck that up totally.   Why will nobody appoint him to do rugby coaching after he was effectively fired by both SARU and Stade Francais.   By the way the selection of retired players who he plead with to return to play for the Springboks were totally destructive when it came to the Springboks. .     

Jan 19, 2023, 18:26

Doos XL aka l'Grande Merde

Incidentally De Allende did not start in the Argentine test in 2015 - the no 12 selected for the purpose was De Villiers.    So try again BSter - your mania is out of control.     

Jan 19, 2023, 20:10

Michael, you are trying to refute things I never said, thus making yourself look even more stupid. Please, stop, the second hand embarrassment is too much! 

Jan 19, 2023, 20:30

So in your world Clever an inside center can wander from the center of the field near the 22 meter line to 5 meters from the corner flag, and his opponent is not supposed to tackle him? Just watch with interest?

That was a 100% on Dud failing to aggressively commit to the tackle and it cost us a shot at the WC.

Jan 19, 2023, 22:48

This is what gets me Mozferatu... they'll attack Meyer for that loss, yet they will never ever blame the player for the mistake that cost the game. Lood was absolutely shredded in the first half too; not a word has ever been spoken of it. These experts that Saffex gushes over, I have never ever seen on such source ever provide a technical assessment of any game at any level. These clowns are as clueless as the guppies who feast on their words. 

Jan 20, 2023, 01:06

Doos XL aka l'Grande Merde

You cblame De Allende for losses in matches he did not play in.   That lie you never admitted.   Then as to the Japan disaster in 2015 I do not only blame Meyer for it.   You cottoned onto blaming De Jager and Kriel for it - while the fuckups came from  a string of the elderly player starting off with Matfield refusing to play the game he was supposed to play - with Bismarck giving away 4 penalties - with Pienaar giving away 2 penalties - with Burger knocking on every ball he was supposed to carry.    

The fact is that  the game plan was in true Meyer style limited and totally unacceptable.  In the first instance the game plan was to over-whelm the Japanese up front - which Matfied sabotaged.   The next part was to make Burger carrying balls in traffic - a game he was not really good at - with the scrummie passing the breakdown ball recovery to the flyhalf to kick away or to recover the ball and then pass it to De Villiers who was supposed to carry the ball also in traffic.   De Jager came on as a replacement from the bench and scored one of  the tries after carrying the ball for more than 25 meters in the process. 

Matfield in fact was a total mess in the series.  He produced zero in the Japan disaster - started in the Samoa game and walked off the field with a supposed injury for which he was not treated on the field and replaced by De Jager.   His next match in the series was against the AB's when he came from the bench and I described in some detail how he sabotaged the Springbok's effort.

Meyer's problem started with his contribution to squad selection.   The squad selection included players who have not played any rugby for up to 18 months.   The result was the inclusion of 8 unplayable players,    The idea with WC squad selection was to have replacements to play against weaker teams giving key players at least one rest test in the series,    That was not possible and of the unplayable players one never played in any match and the others were limited to bench appearances of less than 40 minutes,   The so-called great Morne Steyn played from the bench for a total of 30 minutes in the series. 

The shit coaching  mentioned above ended Meyer's career on test level - same as his similar deficiencies at Stade Francais stopped his whole career as a coach on any level of rugby.                                    

You need to Log in to reply.