Reason talks about hit on Kolisi

Forum » Rugby » Reason talks about hit on Kolisi

Feb 12, 2020, 18:47

This popped onto my page.

Didn't see the game. 

https://sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/kolisi-hit-an-act-of-cowardly-thuggery-kiwi-scribe-20200212

Sounds like it was very late.

Feb 12, 2020, 19:58

Plum, I watched the match and can't say that I've noticed any particularly nasty stuff from either side...Reason is known for trolling Kiwis...must be Beeno's true identity :angel:...but there's nothing to see here, move on.

Feb 12, 2020, 23:27

Utu, Maori word for revenge ............. think Retallick last year.

Feb 12, 2020, 23:30

Yes it was late and unfortunately Kolisi has been put out of action for a period. No different to what happens in any game but the conspiracy theorists like Reason seem to think that as the injury was serious, it’s part of a master plan to deliberately maim the Boks’ captain. Nobody ever seemed to bring up Kepu’s several late hits in the 2015 RWC Final on St Richie and Dan Carter in what surely were attempts to put them out of the game.

Feb 12, 2020, 23:38

Reason simply loves to wind up the Kiwis ...... lekker, creates a bit of balance down here.

Feb 13, 2020, 07:29

Moola,

He seems to be saying it was done in frustration and spite more than being planned and deliberate.

Unless you are airborne by the time the attacker passes, you have no excuse for a late hit. Especially not a knee high grass cutter.

Anyone got a video?

Feb 13, 2020, 07:46

Also, these were Dobson's words. 

Do tell, how is Reason is misinterpreting them...keeping in mind the amount of yellow cards against the Kiwis in that game.

"Stormers coach John Dobson said that he and his team reviewed the match footage and some of the Hurricanes' play angered him. 

Dobson said, "It was not good for the tournament going forward... it was very subtle stuff, but when we reviewed the game a few times we were more and more angry." 

As far as I know, subtlety is intentional by definition.

Dobson, I guess, is simply trolling the Kiwis, despite comfortably winning the game, many yellow cards, several dangerous and late tackles and never being known as a whinger.

Looks to me, like there is a strong case for yet more kiwi dirty play. 

Unless we follow the usual lines of, it's just rugby, everybody does it, conspiracy theories, lies, jealousy, on and on.

Feb 13, 2020, 15:25

Well, you can definitely get injured worse if you are not expecting a hit. He had no idea that he was going to be hit and his whole body was relaxed, the guy came from the side which ended up damaging his knee. It could have been even worse, but any knee injury takes a while to heal

I hate this off the ball stuff. 

But then SA players are guilty too, but I did feel the hurricanes just wanted to fight the whole match. They were probably trying to show the stormers pack that they are up for the challenge by hitting the forwards off the ball and trying to get them to lose their composure. 

The argies normally do exactly the same, especially when Estebeth is on the field

Probably don't surprise me given that it is almost the entire springbok pack that won the world cup 

You need to Log in to reply.