Respect of privacy

Forum » Rugby » Respect of privacy

Feb 05, 2019, 09:50

Good day Ruckers

I  hope you are all well.

Whilst the internet is an open domain and allows us to use publicaly available photos and material, we strongly request that you do not upload personal photos or content of other members that did not originate on this website, on to the forum.

Banter is one thing. But displaying photos and content of other members or their families from other websites without explicit consent, is not an acceptable practice.

Please could we ask you to stop doing it, under any circumstances.

It has recently also led to members leaving the forum.

Kindly keep control over your emotions and use the forum for what it was intended.

Thank you.

Yours in rugga

Ed

Feb 05, 2019, 10:05

ED

I agree 100% with your comments above - the issue is to discuss present rugby and other issues and not the personal attacks  on coaches, players and other members  - the main objective of some members,

Instead  of leaving the site like some others did  I have stopped responding to the postings of some members and   hope -

*    we get some sanity on site with some realistic discussions on rugby and cricket issues;

*    we get some lost members back on site.       

Feb 05, 2019, 10:43

Noted Ed. 

I suspect I know what caused this intervention but I just want to also point out what that was in response to:

Sep 20, 2015, 08:01

Liar. Like I say, you can fool some but you won't fool all. By the way, how about posting my photo,and while you at it, how about providing the evidence of the moderator editing your post. Geez you must be so chuffed gaining some support but no sweat Liar there's quite a few who saw right through your alias's.

The weak little crybaby called me a liar and challenged me to post the pic and then had a tearful little squeal when I took him up on it . . . but no problems, I will comply with forum policy going forward. 

Feb 05, 2019, 10:52

What a complete loser

Trying to justify himself and his disgusting actions......

Feb 05, 2019, 10:58

Fair enough Admin. 

Feb 05, 2019, 11:01

I hope I'm still allowed to post this:

LMAO!

Feb 05, 2019, 13:39

ED

Even if photos is available for instance in the press - should members not at least ask for permission from the member to publish the photo's on site.   That I would regard as common courtesy.

It was part of a personal attack inclusive of my appearance at the time.   I do not think personal member information should be used to launch personal attacks on such members.   Fact is personal attacks should be reduced and if at all eliminated when in fact rugby and cricket, as well as other issues - should be the discussion topics. 

Fact is personal attacks have driven members from the site and it goes wider than publishing of only personal information on site.     

Feb 05, 2019, 13:39

ED

Even if photos is available for instance in the press - should members not at least ask for permission from the member to publish the photo's on site.   That I would regard as common courtesy.

It was part of a personal attack inclusive of my appearance at the time.   I do not think personal member information should be used to launch personal attacks on such members.   Fact is personal attacks should be reduced and if at all eliminated when in fact rugby and cricket, as well as other issues - should be the discussion topics. 

Fact is personal attacks have driven members from the site and it goes wider than publishing of only personal information on site.     

Feb 05, 2019, 14:00

Maaik, you doxed yourself and gave permission for the article to be posted. The photo was part of the article. I did not like the way the photo was used either, and I said so at the time.

You gave one poster permission to place the article (who was it?). He did so without the photo. The other poster then posted the photo too. There was nothing morally wrong with what happened IMO. Not nice, but not wrong.

Feb 05, 2019, 14:19

I never thought that the article would in fact be posted and was rather careless to say it could - but the photo was something else - since on paper there may be personal info - which is something else entirely - especially since the photo was used for a personal attack on me.   The publishing of the article on site was positive,    It did not include the photo - I gave permission to one person who asked - not the member who came up with the photo.   He never asked permission for publishing anything. 

In any event the photo was used for a personal attack on me.   Fact is this site should never be used for personal attacks on other members,   It is negative and drives members off site,        

Feb 05, 2019, 14:49

Mike had mentioned that he was being honored with an award, which I happened to find - I asked Mike's permission to post the article as I thought such achievement and selflessness is always to be respected. (still is Mike, you're a man of substance, hope retirment is treating you well)

I believe some people regretted what they said, and did apologize.

The thread is here: https://www.ruckersforum.com/forum/sport/archives/14204/

Feb 05, 2019, 14:52

And for clarity, here's the thread of Mike consenting to the article: https://www.ruckersforum.com/forum/sport/archives/14203/

Feb 05, 2019, 15:28

Hi Mike

Please read my comment:

"splaying photos and content of other members or their families from other websites without explicit consent, is not an acceptable practice".

That should answer your question / statement:

"should members not at least ask for permission from the member to publish the photo's on site"

Yours in rugga

Ed

Feb 05, 2019, 15:51

APD

I never complained about you at all - the scoundrel who used the photo was the one I complained about.

I have not recently seen any postings by you and hope you will be back posting on site regularly,. 

Feb 05, 2019, 17:59

This is classic.....what really happened was Mike was given a mention in the local press when he retired. He was so chuffed about this that he wanted it to be known on the Board.....so he provided strong sign posts to the article.

APD published the article but omitted the photo which was part of the article. But everybody who followed Mike's original navigation would have found the photo........it was intended to be found.

So I added the picture......which shows a physical wreck. Now what I said was not very nice. But in the context of my disagreement with Mike where he had falsely accused me of lying, and called me all sorts of female body parts....it was not an escalation. It was just visual evidence, obtained from Mike himself.

Then he decided to play the victim, pretended he hadn't given permission for the photo to be published. I could have been bigger about the circumstances....this was his life, not his Board life. So I apologized about that....we all make mistakes. But the outing of his image was collateral damage resulting from his urgent need to bask in the glow of the article.

Totally different from Urinal posting pictures of Denny's dead brother, sneaking onto the FaceBook accounts of my daughters and searching for photographs taken in my own kitchen.

Feb 05, 2019, 18:26

Moffie, I showed where Dense gave me permission to put up his pic,  here is where you did the same:

Jun 09, 2015, 14:49

At least 10 years old? Pffffffffffffhahahahaha! More like 30, old coffin-dodger . . . at least I hope so for your sake . . . or else you've aged unnaturally quickly.

So I'm a foul liar, am I? Would you like to call my bluff? Would you like me to post a much more recent picture of you, old man? 

Jun 09, 2015, 14:51

Yes go ahead 

So stop playing the poor, misunderstood and persecuted victim yourself. You and Dense both called me a liar and challenged me to put up those pics and then when I did you went all red in the face and wished you hadn't.

LMAO!

"But displaying photos and content of other members or their families from other websites without explicit consent, is not an acceptable practice."

Now do you or Dense want to claim I didn't have your "explicit consent"? Huh chump?

Wehe . . . no, I thought not.

Feb 05, 2019, 18:27

"I could have been bigger about the circumstances....this was his life, not his Board life. So I apologized about that....we all make mistakes"

I'm  glad for that.

"posting pictures of Denny's dead brother, sneaking onto the FaceBook accounts of my daughters and searching for photographs taken in my own kitchen"

Way over the top in my book. Doxing is frowned upon on even the most robust chat forums on tbe internet...simply a no go. Can't understand the reasoning, but I will probably be called a c#cksucker again for agreeing witb you on this...

PS, I got just as upset about your "seuntjies" remarks...makes me see red, probably because I've still got small kids...or big, it doesn't matter.  There is some places you don't go...kids are one of those  places.

Feb 05, 2019, 18:30

Oh stop being such a sanctimonious prat Draad. In both cases they called me a liar and dared me. The proof is above. Read it and stop being such a melodramatic little arselicker.

Feb 05, 2019, 18:53

Draaad

From reading your posts I assume Mozart said he apologized about the pic story - but he never did at the time and this apology story is something new.

I am happy to accept such an apology.

The seuntjie BS started because I supported younger sportsmen like Quinton de Kock and  Pieter-Steph du Toit for selection.   I often suggested that  there are new players - as did Saffex - to be looked at  and the result was strings of personal attacks on both of us.

I just stop reading Mozart's  postings and sometimes respond to what other members wrote in threads.     .    

Feb 05, 2019, 18:53

Oh and Moffie, I can still find that other pic of you I mentioned . . . the one where you're wearing a pair of tight track suit pants that show off your weedy little stick-insect legs that barely support your flabby paunch.

Do I have your explicit permission to put that one up? I'll crop the unfortunate other person with you in the photo out.

Hmmmm? What do you say, bigmouth?

Feb 05, 2019, 19:23

Rudeneck, if you have found evidence of the paedophilia you accuse him of, I hope you alerted the authorities in Chicago ? Not? I didn't think so. Proof? I think there is something wrong with your own comprehension skills. You are being an arse on this thread and if you can't see that you are taking your spat with Moz too far, I can't help it. Grow up paedophilia is no joking matter, if you think so, you need help.

Feb 05, 2019, 19:24

One thing though is that these were not recent. Looks like 2 years ago or so.

Ed's did you suggest that someone left recently, or more than 1 person left recently. 
Only Saffex and Chabal have been complaining recently- unless other posters left

Feb 05, 2019, 19:26

Maaik, he said he did. I did not go back to check it, but you know I have always voiced my displeasure at these kind of remarks. Poor Blob had to face the same BS from one of our other posters. I can stand a lot of things, but even I draw the line somewhere.

Feb 05, 2019, 19:43

Tell me Draad, were you as vociferous about paedophilia when Moffie was accusing ou Maaik of being a pervert and making snide and uncalled for insinuations?

No?

I didn't think so . . . that's because you're a toady and a Servile Gimp.

As for proof, ask your master Moffie if he's giving me "explicit consent" to post the reason I called him Grampa Gropey. 

Feb 05, 2019, 19:48

Sharkbok, I suspect it's Dense who has run away in tears.

I say that because I'm pretty sure he's the one who complained to Ed and the link I put up recently to his ghastly pic has been deleted. I don't believe that's all a big coincidence.

Fact is, Dense dared me to put up that pic and the proof is in the third post on this thread. I bet he didn't mention that little fact to Ed when he sent him his whiny little email and told Ed he was never coming back.

Feb 05, 2019, 20:18

"Tell me Draad, were you as vociferous about paedophilia when Moffie was accusing ou Maaik of being a pervert and making snide and uncalled for insinuations?"

Rooi, why don't you ask Maaik about that...or Moz for that matter. Regardless of the context, it is fcked up to go there...and if you don't know it, that would be the biggest WHOOSH on this forum yet.

If you are really as clever as you think you are, you would have noticed a long time ago that I do have integrity, that I can admit and apologise if I'm wrong and that I don't "gimp" up to Moz and Beenz like you accuse me of daily.

You would also have noticed that I try to keep an open mind and don't try to force my opinions onto all and sunder.  

I guess a whoosh is in order again...and there is a reason why you think I don't know how to use a whoosh...whooosh.

Feb 05, 2019, 20:47

The rugby can't start soon enough.

Feb 05, 2019, 20:49

See here's the thing......I gave you permission......permission to post the photograph. I never gave you permission to look for photographs of me on a private site, taken in my own kitchen.

You shouldn't have had that photograph, just as you shouldn't have known about conversations between my daughters.

Firstly it's simply bad manners to pry into people's private lives. But secondly it shows such weakness. Peeping Toms are never particularly popular for good reason. And you old chap are no better than the shunned pervert leering through half closed blinds.

It lays bare yet another sick aspect of an already sick resume.

Feb 05, 2019, 21:08

"Feb 05, 2019, 19:43

Tell me Draad, were you as vociferous about paedophilia when Moffie was accusing ou Maaik of being a pervert and making snide and uncalled for insinuations?..... You either have a short memory or attention span..why not ask Mike or the other members before you just assume, seeing that your memory is a bit dodgy?

No?

I didn't think so . . . that's because you're a toady and a Servile Gimp.... Wrong arsehole, check your facts. (I really mean it, check your facts before calling me names on your wrong assumptions)

As for proof, ask your master Moffie if he's giving me "explicit consent" to post the reason I called him Grampa Gropey. 
I don't need proof, you have gone too far. Don't convince this board, convince the Chicago PD if you feel that strongly about it.

Feb 05, 2019, 21:30

The important thing is that Koosie's sick and pathetic little game of publishing private photo's stolen from other social media sites is over. 

I couldn't imagine anyone stooping so low or anyone being so bitter and spiteful to use private photo's as ammunition to destroy his rugby forum enemies. 

I couldn't imagine anyone spending time snooping on forum members social media accounts. 

And all of this from the sick puppy who accused me on more than one occasion of taking the board too seriously.

I'm not going anywhere Koosie, you've tried everything to run me off the board....and you've failed. There isn't anything more you can try to get rid of me or Moz. Get it into your head that you don't own this site, you're mainly here to wreck it by dragging your personal misery along.

I'll leave when I decide to leave.......got that Koosie?

Good boy.

Feb 05, 2019, 21:30

Moffie, here's a newsflash . . . I don't need your permission or anyone else's to visit any social media page I choose.

You just carry on making up rubbish about my weight, my height, my hair, my alcoholism and my drug abuse and all that other stuff you don't actually have the first clue about and I'll carry on exposing the truth about you.

Feb 05, 2019, 21:39

"Moffie, here's a newsflash . . . I don't need your permission or anyone else's to visit any social media page I choose.

You just carry on making up rubbish about my weight, my height, my hair, my alcoholism and my drug abuse and all that other stuff you don't actually have the first clue about and I'll carry on exposing the truth about you."

Rudeneck, I can actually understand your gripe, but IMHO,revenge won't make you feel better...let it go...let Sensei Draad show you the way to inner peace.

Feb 05, 2019, 21:46

Thank you Sensei Draad but you're wrong. Revenge always makes me feel better. You should see me in the traffic when I'm indicating and someone doesn't give me a gap.

Feb 05, 2019, 21:52

:D:D:D

Feb 05, 2019, 22:10

No you don't haveto ask for permission Koos, but most normal posters don't check out the Facebook pages of other posters' kids. It takes a Peeping Tom to do that.

As for my 'rubbish' about your weight, your drug use, your alcoholic intake......it rings true. Why? Because we heard it from you first.

Don't get up.

Feb 06, 2019, 02:09

This is the most up to date picture I have found of Cleancut from his Facebook page. I must say he is looking better than he was a few years ago.

Related image

Feb 06, 2019, 03:18

Moz, are we the only ones who think it sick and pathetic to snoop a fellow poster's daughters Facebook accounts? 

Feb 06, 2019, 07:09

I hope not, that would be disappointing. This isn't even a close call, it's aberrant behaviour.

Feb 06, 2019, 07:19

You're certainly the only ones who have been stamping your feet and frothing at the mouth for over 3 years because someone visited a Facebook page.

Well okay, maybe DumbAss as well.

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media sites have privacy settings. If you choose not to use them then whatever you put up there is part of the public domain and there's nothing illegal or amoral about anyone visiting them.

Get over yourselves. If I'd bragged and boasted about myself the way Moffie does and you two clowns actually knew the first thing about me you'd both be searching Google or Facebook to find anything you could about me to use against me. You know it, I know it.

Feb 06, 2019, 08:00

And here we have Piss Mint still trying to justify why he constantly states that Moz gropes his grandchildren, and why he has posted a few personal family pictures in the past, from a few members, on a public forum.

And this he justifies by saying..... if you or your children don't make your pictures private, or take the necessary security precautions on social media.... then don't blame me for completely violating you and your kids personal life.

That is the level of intellect and reasoning that you are dealing with

This is also the true level of how bitter, angry and vindictive Piss Mint is

What a sick and twisted individual..... all to score points on a online sports forum...

CupCake, his forum tag team member, is not far behind with his constant disgusting references to Moz about taking a dump in front of his grand kids.

Who in their right frame of mind even considers to mention this.....?

You two are sick...… no wonder you teamed up, you are both fucked in the head. 

Feb 06, 2019, 08:35

Despicable!!!

Feb 06, 2019, 21:58

Just some handbag stuff.... Jerry Springer would be proud.

Feb 06, 2019, 22:03

Predictable.

Feb 06, 2019, 22:15

So Moffie, you didn't answer my question about the other pic of you with your weedy little stick-insect legs that barely support your flabby paunch. Do I have your "explicit consent" to post that pic after I crop the other person out of it?

It's a simple "yes" or "no" answer that is required.

Come on bigmouth, you love to talk about other poster's physical shortcomings, shall I show the board yours?

Feb 06, 2019, 23:28

A long, sullen and sulky silence ensues . . .

Feb 07, 2019, 00:20

Unbelievable.....you want to post another photograph that's not in the public domain, that you have no right to have.

Scroll back to the top Peeper, look at the first post and I think you'll find your answer.

Its simple .....stop posting private pictures, stop snooping around in the private lives of other posters, stop spilling your guts out about your own addictions on the Board, stop including posters' families in your attempts to 'get' other posters.

And by the way......have the common decency to apologize to Denny for posting a picture of his dead brother. It's surreal to think that's occurred on this Board and the perpetrator hasn't issued even a cursory apology. Or are you too small and too insecure to do even that?

Feb 07, 2019, 07:13

"But displaying photos and content of other members or their families from other websites without explicit consent, is not an acceptable practice."

Doesn't matter how many times I read it it still says "without explicit consent" . . . which both you and Dense gave . . . and wished you hadn't! LMAO!

Oh and not that it's any of your business but I apologized to Dense over 2 years ago for putting up the wrong photo.

Feeling stupid yet, Moffie? You should be.

Feb 07, 2019, 07:33

How do you guys get involved in a spat like this for this many years with this amount of negativity?

Where do you find the energy to perpetuate it chronically the way you do?

Have it out. Sure. Swear at each other. Sure. Keep it going for a week or two. Sure.

Years though? And not just one year, not two...

How do you do it?

Feb 07, 2019, 07:52

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaa!!

SharkShit, you drol!!

I'll get you for that. How dare you rummage around my Facebook account.

Wow ... I cannot believe that we have so many whinging babies on this site ... the biggest of them all being Denny ... by some way.

He obviously saw that no one had noticed his absence and so sent an email to Ed, seeking attention ... by complaining about something that happened AGES ago.

Un fcuking believable. To think that a grown man can actually behave like this.  

He was always a crybaby. He sulks and complains about everything ... EVERYTHING!!!

What a sad miserable little losser. A sniveling coward. 

His mommy must have really done a number on him.

Well ... if the miserable little twat is really no longer a part of this forum then I say ... good riddance. He contributes nothing to this forum anyway. 

No doubt he's been waiting for this thread in anticipation ... signing in everyday ... and now that it's finally here, he'll be reading it's content secretly behind closed doors ... thinking that we're unaware of his presence.

Haaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!!

Well, Denny ... you've made an arse of yourself ... go get yourself professional help. You are a highly disturbed individual ... and this board isn't helping you at all.

I wonder how long it'll take before he comes crawling back.

Feb 07, 2019, 16:47

So Plum you don't think posting a picture of another poster's dead brother and not apologizing for it is outrageous behaviour. The world has changed it would appear. Demanding normal decency is now the same 'spat' as perpetrating the act.

Yet you were incensed by Cloudy?

Curious.

Feb 09, 2019, 12:48

We should all agree wee rooijackass lowers the tone of the board! He is like like a rash that doesn't go away (or rather keeps coming back. He has gone off on many a sulk!) itchy rashes smiley

Feb 09, 2019, 13:03

Beeno

it would be wise to do what ED advise us to do.   However, the one who cause havoc on sit with his personal attacks is the orc - the worst ever.   The unfortunate part is he provokes other members to react to his childish BS and the rugby discussions becomes a side-issue. 

Please be objective for a change.   The orc's contribution to the site is totally negative from a rugby perspective.     

Feb 09, 2019, 13:11

Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Funniest comment yet! Be objective says ou maaaikie re Moz! Hahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh my aching sides how self unaware can one get

Feb 09, 2019, 14:22

It is curious how the Plum vs Cloudy saga has continued for going on 1 year now, and that seemed entirely baseless.

Feb 09, 2019, 14:51

I never said that Moz. Personally, I'd respect people's privacy and have not the slightest interest in in being underhanded or defending underhanded behaviour.

Just saying that negativity has a way of consuming you if you surround yourself with it for long enough.

Shark.

That never went on for a year. It was a brief event/s that occured over a week or so. On two separate occasions.

Feb 09, 2019, 15:00

Moz

I made a point of proving Cloudy wrong about calling me a sexist because she would have perpetuated that label and caused it to stick unless i stopped it in its tracks. She was already doing it. At some point the accusation would have stuck despite me not having treated her in a sexist way at all.

She would then have used that to dismiss anything i said going forward.

Still, that's a lot different to having a perpetual enemy for years and years. Not accusing anyone or picking sides. Just saying that i dont have the energy to carry on something like that.

After a while, it doesnt matter who started it or how severe the misdeed was. The result is just that you have an "enemy".

A net loss. Nothing more.

Feb 09, 2019, 15:43

Plum, in my opinion you were a bit hard handed with CLOUDS, but I understood your motives. Funny thing is, I'm sure, to this she does not believe she insulted you. She obviously did not do it on purpose .

Feb 09, 2019, 15:56

I disagree Draad.

Putting a shitty label on someone and then trying to cement it is not an unintentional act.

For example. You and I have a disagreement. At some point I accuse you of being a liar. I then keep calling you a liar. 

I'd do that because I want you to be portrayed as a liar. Once cool. Twice...okay. multiple times...it's ntentional.

And that's why I was a bit over the top. To stop that shit right in it's tracks.

Feb 09, 2019, 20:04

She bought into the narative she wanted you to be... .sort of.

Feb 09, 2019, 21:30

Shark. 

That never went on for a year. It was a brief event/s that occured over a week or so. On two separate occasions. 

Plum the shark Shark has been know to make grievious errors so dont worry about the oak!!

Wonder what ou Cloudy thinks of her demonrat friends and full term abortion. Hillary has had a terrible influence on these scumbags. The demonrats are now the party of infanticide.

Feb 09, 2019, 22:36

Stop snivelling.

This is about as useless as the SA Rugby Team.  

Feb 10, 2019, 00:57

Plum to be honest, this stuff has no effect on me whatsoever. Most of it's amusing.....but sometimes it crosses boundaries and has to be resisted. Posting the picture of a dead brother and not apologizing is outrageous.

Feb 10, 2019, 01:56

Plum generally I don't care .....but I do draw the line at posting pictures of a dead family member. That's pretty low by any standard. Mostly though it's just stupid people behaving badly....no cause for negativity.

Feb 10, 2019, 05:45

"The orc's contribution to the site is totally negative from a rugby perspective."

Really???

And how would you describe yours, Mike?

Go ahead, make my day, I can do with a laugh.

Feb 10, 2019, 05:52

"......but I do draw the line at posting pictures of a dead family member"

Well, either you agree or disagree or you just don't care. 

I guess that defines us and that is why I hold you and your values in high regard and that is why I've identified with you on many issues over many years. You have had my back over two decades.

Feb 10, 2019, 07:30

Hell has it been that long that all this has been going on! But honestly of all the lousy things that have happened on these Boards......fake posters, lying, bullying, invasion of privacy......nothing comes close to the thing with your brother. It beats me why every poster on here hasn't condemned it.

Feb 10, 2019, 08:58

Denny

I have never used extraneous means to attack members personally and condemn usage of such means totally. 

However, I am sorry to say that fake posters, lying, bullying and invasion of privacy are associated in the main by posters using the site for personal attacks on other members and the general practice of some members are the same.  From my own perspective one of the worst practitioners on site  is the orc with for example his vetsak and pervert attacks on members,

I know you are a friend of the orc and hope that it does not affect the respect I have for you as a poster.   I have never once  made a personal attack on you or your family and even where we differ it was on viewpoints om rugby and cricket issues - not on personal issues.      

Feb 10, 2019, 09:59

Of course I've never had a deceased family member's pic posted here so to try and sum up the level of offence/hurt caused is not something I'll try to do.

Playing devil's advocate though, there is an important point to consider.

Did he know that it was a deceased family member?

If not, then he is only guilty of posting a picture of a family member. Still not a cool thing to do, but not nearly as bad as the former. Right? 

Did he think it was a pic of Denny that he was was posting? That would be the least "bad" of the three options.

Well what I've been trying to do, with some success lately, is to ignore the jabs and rather stick to the actual debate. Rather than stumbling at the first few insults by reciprocating I've found that if I continue the discussion unhindered then the debate continues as opposed to devolving into being meaningless. 

The PSDT thread is a decent, though mild example.

On the upside, how often will you sit in a bar a get such a concentrated level of rugby opinions and insights as one gets here? Never.

Feb 10, 2019, 11:34

Mike

I remember a time when Koosie attacked you non-stop, for those who don't know it happened on another site. I also remember Moz sticking up for you, I believe the two of you were board mates at the time. If I remember corectly the attacks  led you to tell Koosie to F/off a few times but throughout it all it was Moz who stuck by you. You also left the board because of Koosie's non stop attacks.

Thing is mate, I don't like what's happening between you and Moz. I don't know why and when the relationship went south but from the looks of things I don't see it heading north which is a shame. I still believe there's nothing that serious stopping you and Moz getting along. 

I appreciate your stance on posting private photo's and messages and I respect the fact you've never attacked me or my family. 

When are you visting again?

Feb 10, 2019, 12:48

Denny

Nobody regrets the level to which my relationship with Mozart has deteriorated more than I do.   I have repeatedly tried to make peace with him - and after he initially promised  to co-operate, the peace-making efforts fell apart.

I think there were no difference between Mozart and myself up to about 2012.   I supported White as the Springbok coach and was upset by the internal intrigue leading to his ouster,  I supported  White's selections all out and there was no real differences as to our postings at the time,

However, the  fundamental differences became apparent in 2012 with Meyer's appointment as coach and his team selection basically not based on performance but on reputation.   Maybe it was the result of failure of some players in the WC in 2011 where the Springboks under-performed and the blame could not be placed entirely on Bryce Lawrence,   Many great players from the 2007 WC squad by 2011 declared their retirement from international rugby, but Meyer tried them back to play - even though their return was NOT based on performance, but on reputation.   

Mozart stayed absolutely loyal to the great players of 2007.   I regarded that as nothing new and differed with him on the issue since that was to my mind not in the longer term interest of the Springbok team.   I actually supported the replacement of some of the elderly by 2013 and mentioned players to look at in future.   Some did well - others failed - but that is to be expected from the Under 20 players.

I think the real difference with nasty comments on "seuntjies" and "perverts" started in 2013 when I supported the selection of the 20 year-old De Kock replacing Graeme Smith as opening batsman in the ODI side.   From there the differences became seemingly endless and repetitive. since I was extremely  scathing about Meyer's selections for the 2015 teams for tests and the WC.

Be it as it may - my only real interest on site is involvement of fantasy rugby issues - for the rest I am frankly not interested in the kind  and level of discussion at present on site.   I have consequently decided not to comment on any Mozart  postings and will only respond to clarify issues raised by others,

Sorry about it - but that is the factual situation at present.

Being a pensioner and the currency exchange rate being so poor from an SA perspective  I cannot afford to travel to foreign countries anymore.   My racing friends in Australia keep inviting me - but really it is impossible,   Sad to say that.             

Feb 10, 2019, 17:51

Plum you are right. He was only guilty of posting a photograph which he thought was Denny....whichin itself was inapprpriate. But then when he was to;d the photograph was of denny's dead brother he never corrected his mistake.

What would any normal person have done in the circumstances? They would have said something like 'what a terrible mistake, I apologize for any hurt I've caused and my condolences for your brother.'

From Urinal Denny got nothing but more insults. The man is a sociopath that much is clear to me.

If you look up the 10 traits of a sociopath, you get this:

Sociopath Trait #1: Lack of Remorse

If we have done something that hurts or upsets people, we will usually feel quite bad about it. Even if we are not at fault, we can still feel bad at seeing somebody else going through a hard time. It is a natural response that helps us as a species to live in large societies as we do. A sociopath, however, is unlikely to experience these emotions at all.

It’s not that they don’t recognise the person is suffering, because they do. The reality is that they just don’t care. No matter how terrible a time people are going through, no emotions regarding their plight are triggered in a sociopath. The sociopath will occasionally act in the way they think they’re supposed to, but that is likely to be more to maintain appearances than actually caring.

..... .

Pretty definitive.

Feb 10, 2019, 20:07

Moz

Again, as the devil's advocate, I'd have to raise a further point regarding Rooi being a sociopath.

We all, every last person here, behave differently in person to what we do in face to face instances. That's exactly how terms like "online tough guy" or "keyboard warrior" came about. Similarly, "care bears" are people that go online and pretend to wanna heal the world but in reality do jack shit in real life to make even the smallest positive difference to anything or anyone.

Determining someone is a sociopath by their online conduct isn't as clear cut as what it would be otherwise. 

For me, online behaviour is more sociopathic on the whole and by quite a big margin.

What do you reckon?

I'm just shooting the shit here and not trying to rattle anyone's cage.

Feb 10, 2019, 21:37

One more point worth a mention, on this very thread I reminded Moffie (not that it's any of his business) that I had in fact apologized to Dense for putting up the wrong photo . . . over two years ago.

Moffie is either a doddering old fool barely in control of his faculties who missed it . . . or else he's a slithering serpent who saw it and pretended he hadn't and continues to spread his poisonous malevolence.

It's one of the two.

Feb 11, 2019, 01:31

He is a lovely man in person and a sociopath on the Board? It's probably valid that we are more aggressive over the keyboard although I would own up to being most aggressive behind the wheel.

I buy the theory Plum, but honestly, having seen the nastiness Peeper has directed at some posters who couldn't engage in the verbal pyrotechnics, I don't buy it in this instance.

What you see on the Board is the real person.....a sociopath. Dr Ikey, a medical boffin, made the diagnosis on a Board a long time ago.

Feb 11, 2019, 02:09

Moz

Can you give it a rest, it's clear to me that you're wasting your time and even if you're weren't it's not worth the effort. I certainly don't enjoy seeing my late brother being tossed about on a insignificant web site.

Koosie keeps banging on about an apology......I don't beleieve he did but even if there is one it really means nothing to me.

Feb 11, 2019, 02:17

I certainly never saw an apology that addressed that mistake. And even if there was one hidden somewhere, if nobody remembers it, it clearly never resolved the issue.

But I understand the point you are making, I'll put this on hold.

Feb 11, 2019, 02:26

Thanks mate.

Feb 11, 2019, 08:44

I think it is fair to say that personal pictures have no place on the board, unless the person in the picture posts them him or herself. There does seem to be a consolatory tone on this thread, and maybe that should be used to put some of the animosity to bed once and for all. I am sorry to mention it again D, but I do so in the hope that it will be the last time it is ever discussed here. I can't remember if Rooters did or did not apologise for posting that picture, but Rootiers, I appeal to you, put yourself in D's shoes. Not only did you post a pic of his passed brother, but that post was followed by a slew of pretty harsh insults aimed at the man in the picture. Who gave permission for what is not relevant. Maybe just apologise here on this thread, and remove any doubt. I don't believe you to be a sociopath or anything of the sort. There is plenty of rugby and political and religious stuff for us all to haggle and argue about, so there will be no shortage of debate even if the really personal stuff is never again brought up. Moz, I ask the same of you regarding Mike's pic, and anyone else who was caught up in the whole personal pics mess. And Denny, if Rooiters does genuinely apologise, please let bygones be bygones. 

Plum, I am now coming across as a "care bear", and I do feel like I am being cheesy and idealistic, but I do think the board would be a better place if some of this really personal stuff was no longer a part of any discussion. Lastly, Plum, you are 100% correct, I can be a right doos at times in real life and I am certainly not going to change the world, but I believe I am a good person, and when I have been a doos, I am pretty quick to apologise. 

Feb 11, 2019, 10:02

Blue, in my book you are coming across as a good guy. 

I agree 100% as well. Many of the guys here are older and have great stories to share. Personally I'd much rather people share stuff like that to go with the usual rugby discussions. 

Maybe threatening is the best tactic here. Unless we get some of those tales out, I'll start sharing some of my extremely boring off topic adventures. Trust me, you'll all regret the day that happens since you've seen but a sample of the true blandness that hides beneath the surface.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:18

Blue, firstly - as I've stated repeatedly - both Dense and Moffie called me a liar and dared me to post those pictures and in both cases I had their explicit consent.

Secondly, I wasn't aware it was Dense's brother when I posted it and Dense didn't say anything at the time, he just denied it was him and I responded saying something like yeah right, I would also deny it. Later on when I saw another pic of Dense and realized my mistake, I immediately changed the pic, told Dense about and apologized. You can see for yourself about half way down this thread where I said "PS I fixed the photo of your brother. Apologies for the mix up. It's now you.".

That was in Ocober 2016 and both Moffie and Dense carried on posting on that same thread without even acknowledging my comment . . . but I suppose looking at Moffie's attention span on this very thread one can appreciate he does miss a lot of things.

Either way, it's very important for both Dense and Moffie to have the board believe that I posted a picture of Dense's deceased brother knowing that he was dead, knowing that it wasn't Dense and without Dense's consent. None of those three things are true.

Feb 11, 2019, 11:25

Rudeneck could you please stop peeping into various kids Facebook pages - its the right thing to do.

Thanks

Feb 11, 2019, 12:17

I literally cannot wait for the rugby season to start.

Feb 11, 2019, 12:17

True that Flash! 

Feb 11, 2019, 17:53

'PS I fixed the photo of your brother. Apologies for the mix up. It's now you.'

This is an 'apology'? A PS in a long string, that ends, not with the unwanted photograph being removed, but with it being substituted . No apologies for any discomfort it caused, just an insincere apology for the 'mix up'......basically a f. you......'it's now you'.

Exactly what you'd get from a sociopath.

Feb 14, 2019, 20:34

Here you go Peeper......

Feb 14, 2019, 20:40

Privacy is quite important in Fantasy Rugby. You don't want other Fantasy Rugby managers seeing your team and stealing your Fantasy Rugby picks. That's why most Fantasy Rugby games only allow you to see the other Fantasy Rugby manager's teams after the lock of the round.

You need to Log in to reply.