You need to LOG IN to reply.

RG Snyman

Forum » Rugby » RG Snyman

Apr 15, 2019, 14:40

Did anyone watch the Bulls game?

I saw the tries and some of the rest of the game.

The try the Snyman made was so good. Hands, timing and guile. he even took the lineout that lead to the try.

Can any of you guys think of another instance in recent history where an SA lock showed that much attacking sense to set up a try?

He seems to have all the grunt with some to spare, but brings a lot more to the game than any of our others locks...PSDT aside.

Rassie better include RG in his WC squad.

Apr 15, 2019, 15:48

Had a fantastic match at 5, but he is equally good at 4. I think the Boks are sorted for the tight 5...

Apr 15, 2019, 16:06

Really?

Which players would you have as our tight 5 ... and while you're at it, your bench cover for them would also be interesting?

Apr 15, 2019, 16:06

Etzebeth and Snyman, with Stephanie on the bench.

Apr 15, 2019, 16:07

There are 4 locks in contention - leaving Du Toit to play at 7 - namely Etzebeth, De Jager, Snyman and Schickerling.   Snyman seems to be a bit lost at test level and could improve on that level.   To my mind the real competition for a third lock position is between Snyman and Schickerling.

De Jager has always been a better test player than Snyman and isalso in the elader group of the Springboks - taking also account his captaincy of the Bulls.   De Jager will be back for the Bulls captaincy in May when he return to play and Snyman will then move to the number 4 lock position.             

Apr 15, 2019, 16:07

There are 4 locks in contention - leaving Du Toit to play at 7 - namely Etzebeth, De Jager, Snyman and Schickerling.   Snyman seems to be a bit lost at test level and could improve on that level.   To my mind the real competition for a third lock position is between Snyman and Schickerling.

De Jager has always been a better test player than Snyman and isalso in the elader group of the Springboks - taking also account his captaincy of the Bulls.   De Jager will be back for the Bulls captaincy in May when he return to play and Snyman will then move to the number 4 lock position.             

Apr 15, 2019, 16:09

... Mike ... you seem to have forgotten about Mostert. He is by far our best lineout jumper and worthy of a spot in the Goat mix.

Surely??

Apr 15, 2019, 16:11

Snyman is a million times better than wee Snickering.

Apr 15, 2019, 16:37

Snyman is way better than Lomp and Sickerling.

Apr 15, 2019, 16:39

Stephanie's ratio as a flank this Super season is 7 balls lost to 2 turned over.....he is a lock. The most cringeworthy sight in rugby these days is Stephanie on the wing.

Apr 15, 2019, 18:00

Tight 5:

1. Kitsie, Beast, one of the Lions blokes.

2. Marx, Akker, Bongi, Brits.

3. Malherbe, Wilco, Sadie

4/5. Eben, Snyman, Mosterdt, If de Jager is fit in time.

It is obvious that PSDT is seen as primarily a starting 7 or a bench player covering lock and LF.

And we can pick a few more in each position that won't let us down.

Our problem is our backline. No backup for 9, 10 and 15. Our wingers are jnder cooked and we have poor centers. 

We might get by with our loosies ...with more than a bit of luck, but our backs are the weakest links.

Apr 15, 2019, 19:32

I love the BS on site - it really is enjoyable.   Mostert has had his time because De Jager was absent.   With him in the line-up the Springboks had to forego driving mauls as an attacking weapon because he is not physically strong enough.   Gloucester from recent line-ups I have seen does not use him as a lock and I assume it is for that reason in the main.

He is not a tenth of a player like De Jager and that is a fact.   There is no wqay that more than 3 locks  will be selected in the squad,   Snyman looked good on Saturday against the locks - the weakest teams in Australia now suddenly he is the flavor of  the month.   You quickly forgot that in the tests he played in he showed zip from a performance perspective.   

So I stay with what I wrote above - the fact is the two locks certain to be in the squad and the third one is likely to be between Snyman and Schickerling -  both can play at 4and 5 - but Schickerling is the better of the two at 4            

I love the BS on site - it really is enjoyable.   Mostert has had his time because De Jager was absent.   With him in the line-up the Springboks had to forego driving mauls as an attacking weapon because he is not physically strong enough.   Gloucester from recent line-ups I have seen does not use him as a lock and I assume it is for that reason in the main.

He is not a tenth of a player like De Jager and that is a fact.   There is no wqay that more than 3 locks  will be selected in the squad,   Snyman looked good on Saturday against the locks - the weakest teams in Australia now suddenly he is the flavor of  the month.   You quickly forgot that in the tests he played in he showed zip from a performance perspective.   

So I stay with what I wrote above - the fact is the two locks certain to be in the squad and the third one is likely to be between Snyman and Schickerling -  both can play at 4and 5 - but Schickerling is the better of the two at 4            

Apr 15, 2019, 19:46

Etzebeth 4

Snyman 5

Mostert 7

Stephanie 19

Apr 15, 2019, 20:00

@Clevermike, I have noticed you like to bandy the word "fact" around a lot lately. Snickering has done nothing to suggest he is an international standard lock- and that is a fact!

Apr 15, 2019, 20:14

Snyman in 65 minutes of rugby is tied for the second most offloads among locks in the competition.

Apr 15, 2019, 21:11

And he was showing nothing else as a lock in the tests he played in.   And Mozart - yopu lough talking BS - don't you?   You have no idea about what is foing on ins0ofar as Tight 5 play is concerned and Mostert was tried at 7 by the Lions and failed in that position -  so why would Erasmus select him ahead of Du Toit - who showed top class performances for the Stormers this year.

Perhaps you may yet learn that Erasmus initially said he thinks that Etzebeth and De Jager is his first choice lock combination and there is nothing that would have changed his mind.   He favours Du Toit anyway and  would not leave him out of any starting team of the Springboks and your constant attacks on Du Toit is really stupid.        

Apr 15, 2019, 21:37

Ins00000far as you are concerned Tokkie when EroooosmUUS and his picks get above a 50% win ratio get back in touch.

Apr 16, 2019, 08:19

We cannot leave a fit Snyman out, especially now that we've seen how prone Etzebeth is to injury.

Besides that, he is a Bakkies type with some deft hands  ... an enforcer, that brings much needed grunt.

We are fortunate to have so many options at lock.

Apr 17, 2019, 18:19

Man he is a class act, that display was on another level.

He has it all - a gifted athlete

Apr 17, 2019, 21:04

He should shave and get a haircut:D

Apr 18, 2019, 06:13

Snyman had a good game and right now is the flavor of the week, let's wait and see if he has another when he's up against the Kiwi teams.

Apr 18, 2019, 08:17

Indeed ... consistency is key ... however, we've seen him produce similar displays before.

I would have no issue with both Bulls locks playing for the Goats.

One cannot deny the work load Mostert brings to the park. It far exceeds anything any of the other locks can produce ... plus .. who can match his skill as a jumper and pilferer of opposition ball?

Any way ... as I was saying ...  He should be included in the squad.

What is it with this site and it's doubling up of posts?

Friggin annoying.

I'm still typing and then it's gone.

Common Ed ... you're a whizz kid ... fix it.

You need to Log in to reply.