Rieko Ioane's handling of his first test at centre.

Forum » Rugby » Rieko Ioane's handling of his first test at centre.

Oct 13, 2020, 00:59

It was a match-winner, the All Blacks could have gone into the second half with a considerable lead- without this brain explosion. 

This kept the Wallabies in the game. 

Watch: Wallabies let off the hook thanks to try-scoring 'brain explosion'  by Rieko Ioane

Bledisloe Cup 2020: All Blacks coach Ian Foster defends Rieko Ioane as  'sloppy' error proves costly | Newshub

All Blacks coach defends Rieko Ioane after star's try-line blunder proves  costly | Stuff.co.nz

Oct 13, 2020, 01:07

What a fuck up

Oct 13, 2020, 01:17

The linesman also missed Ioane step over the line in the phase of play for Jordy Barrat s try. 
Australians are calling for a suspension for cheating. 

Oct 13, 2020, 09:12

The linesman was an Australian....

Oct 14, 2020, 09:49

Rieko has played at enter regularly flor the Bkues anbd he should know the position well.   Let me be quite clear - he has the bulk and used that extensively on the wing - but he is to my mind not  enough pace for that position.   If I was the AB coach I would continue with him at center - they have wings aplenty (amongst others Ensor and Bridge for instance) - but their center stocks are not all that good. 

Oct 14, 2020, 10:08

Holy shit Mike! What planet are you from? Rieko Ioane doesn’t have the pace??? Good grief.....

Oct 14, 2020, 10:18

Great left wing...not convinced at outside center yet.

Oct 14, 2020, 10:42

Either am I Draad. He didn’t show enough on Saturday or during Super rugby with the Blues to convince me he was a competent centre. And as for the one handed grounding of the ball.....I’ve been banging on about this for years as countless times I’ve seen players from club level through to test level bounce the ball instead of sliding in as league players always do. Christian Cullen did the same vs Oz years ago. I would drop any player attempting this from the next game until they learnt this Rugby 101 lesson that we were taught in Primary school!!

Oct 14, 2020, 12:01

Moolaa

Compared to wings like Bridge, Engor, Lam, Watson, Kolbe and Dlamini he is relatively slow.  He is a very strong ball carrier and that made up for his comparative pace.    I am a great Ioane admirer and  I think to an extent he has been not as good at present compared to his first appearances for the AB's and I differ rom you on the issue of  his performance at center.  

Anyway the departure of the 2015 centers from the AB's left them with a rather thin  cover in the center position.   They have tried a number of players and only Lienert-Brown really shoed enough in that position.  So lets see what comes up.      

Oct 14, 2020, 13:29

I laughed my arse off when they disallowed that try.

Anyway, it's time to face it. 

The new boys for the ABs do not match the old boys and things won't be the same for them going forward. 

They also picked the wrong coach. One wonders how many Kiwis agree with that statement?

NH tours are gonna be hell for them next few years. It may be the case that it could be many years before we see them properly dominate again. Man for man, they're not close to their team from eight years ago.

You need to Log in to reply.