You need to LOG IN to reply.

Rohan janse Van Rensburg is back and Played his frst game thiss eason for Sales

Forum » Rugby » Rohan janse Van Rensburg is back and Played his frst game thiss eason for Sales

Mar 12, 2019, 10:47

There was so much rugby broadcasted the past weekend  with the 6-Nations and Super Rugby too that I did not see the match Van Rensburg played in.  

However - Dave mentioned he did play and the only thing I had to fall back on was his stats for the match.  Based on those he was not really impressive:-

Try assist                     -     1

Passed balls                 -     3

Ball carries                  -      6

Meters gained              -    18

Line breaks                  -     0

Defenders beaten         -     5

Tackles made               -     6

Tackles missed             -     5

Ball possession losses   -     3

I always liked Van Rensburg as a center when playing for the Lions - but to be quite honest he always had two problems - his ball handling was a bit problematic and his defense was always the same   We need center back-up desperately and I am hoping he can get over the perceived deficiencies quickly.   It must be remembered though that it was Van Rensburg first game in I believe nearly a year so it may be better soon.     

Mar 12, 2019, 11:44

Not sure if he'll ever be the same again. Too many injuries.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:48

Pakie 

Probably so - another thing like some other centers he has a weight problem as well.  :D:D:D 

Mar 12, 2019, 13:19

He seemed to be a product of too much creatine. This is the only way to explain how these players get so fat - particularly after injuries. 

We sit on the couch so at least we have some justification, these are professional rugby players that train all day, and frankly it is just unacceptable.

Mar 12, 2019, 13:23

Mike...

just TRY and get your titles correct.

It isnt SALES... its SALE!

Mar 12, 2019, 14:08

Thank you Chippo 

You need to Log in to reply.