You need to LOG IN to reply.

Rooi love this band

Forum » Rugby » Rooi love this band

Feb 07, 2019, 15:34

And they are SA’n - my first introduction to them was on the Mumford & Sons - Johannesburg EP

Beatenberg

I can’t get enough of their two albums, one very recent.

Brilliant band who should be out there making millions

Feb 07, 2019, 15:38

Yes I saw them live at the Mumford & Sons concert in Cape Town a few years ago. Don't know their albums but will check them out later this evening.

Feb 07, 2019, 16:24

Listen to their first album first

Hanging Gardens of Beatenberg

Enjoy

Feb 07, 2019, 16:59

'Another plaintive squeak (in the wrong forum nogal)'

Feb 07, 2019, 17:05

It’s not grandpa’s music so stay away

Feb 07, 2019, 17:14

Oh I will.....don't you worry about that .

Feb 07, 2019, 22:38

Some music for moz

Feb 08, 2019, 00:21

Loved it, but I need the full orchestra version with Roberto Alagna as the lead singer and the Border Guards libretto.

Feb 08, 2019, 00:25

Moffie the version you seek sounds as boring as you.

Stick with The Killers old man

Feb 08, 2019, 02:08

Don't hold your breath for these guys to make millions Saff. I am a muso and although I only do the band thing as a hobby, I know quite a few musicians from some of the more "successful" SA rock bands. I'll tell you this much, even if you are a successful rock band in SA, it is almost impossible to make any money. In 2004 friends of mine had an SA number 1 song. They barely generated enough money from the accomplishment to record another album. If Beatenberg want to make millions, they need to leave SA. 

Off topic a bit, but for any of you that have not seen it, watch the documentary Sugarman. You can thank me later. But in it you'll get a taste of how cruel record labels be to musicians. The documentary does leave out one or two details of what actually happened, for dramatic effect, but I can assure you, it is still very much a true story. 

Feb 08, 2019, 02:54

Blame the interweb ...... the reason why everyone including the oupas & oumas of rock & roll are still touring the globe.  New Plymouth, Taranaki last month hosted Toto, Jefferson Starship & Dragon. .... next month The Hollies arrive .

Feb 08, 2019, 08:31

They certainly have a bit of an African feel about them.

I hear their music on the radio all the time ... not too bad ... can't say I'll rush out to get their album though.

Darn sight better than that shit Blob put up for Losser.

Feb 08, 2019, 11:55

Not-so-CleanCut, re music, you wouldn't know shit from sugar.

Feb 08, 2019, 12:18

Blue I was indirectly implying they should leave SA in order to make it big like Seether have

You need to Log in to reply.