You need to LOG IN to reply.

Rugby as it really develops

Forum » Rugby » Rugby as it really develops

Mar 10, 2019, 03:02

One of the most frequent discussions on this site is the performance evaluation of players.   In most cases some players are continuously -

*   supported when in fact they have some serious deficiencies; and

*   based on personal prejudice and with no regard to performance are constantly denigrated,

Some of our members are experts in doing both the above.   Take for instance the cases of Am and Jesse Kriel as an example.   The attacks on Kriel  on the part of some members were continuous and to support their tirades on the issue the praising of Am was continuous,

I always pointed out that both have their positives and negatives - but more so I said that the real deal was a guy by the name of Simelane.   After a year of near to total balls-ups by Mapoe, Simelane was at last selected to start for the Lions  in their game  against the Jaguares it became clear that Simelane is really one of the future stars we have looked for for years.

I am still trying to find a no 12 center.   The fact is that De Allende is not perfect and the promotion of Esterhuizen is a hoax in bad taste,  I have always asked members to make suggestions as to who should really be the better inside center and in the end the crazy promotion of Esterhuizen was all that came out.  

Come now - as long as we cannot find any better player - fact is that De Allende is a better player than Esterhuizen - so find some alternative and motivate such a proposal properly.   Fairy tales would not work at all - real factual suggestions is what is needed,              

Mar 10, 2019, 03:24

03:02am

Mar 10, 2019, 05:19

André was the best on the day, comprehensively outplaying both Sage and Ward. Damian has been where? Loafing around. 

As per the pros and cons of Kriel? I have been documenting these long before you. Kriel is an open field runner. He has been drawing and passing well thus far. However, Am has been playing well in what has been a beaten pack, with scrappy possession. He also outplayed Kriel last year. It's a closer clash than André and Damian, much closer. Just a pity you called all the specifics wrong.

Mar 10, 2019, 07:55

Silly Billy

Hell are you a nut case or not?   Andre did not outplay even my granny on the day.  Ward did something Andre has not done for the season - he scored a try,  Know wat that is?

Secondly Silly Billy - this thread deals with Simelane - did you not hear that name before from me, dimness?   Before talking about that one - Silly Billy - lets accept one thing namely your documenting of clueless fairy tales of no real rugby value is classically totally worthless.   Getting anything right by you is consequently non-existent.

So lets get real - Am has not been up to standard at all - Kriel for the past year was twice the center he is.    So along comes  Simelane and he immediately shows that he will be around as an outside center of quality for years to come - we are indeed lucky that we have two good no 13's for years to come.

Now we all know Esterhuizen is a bumbling. clumsy and slow center near to worthless for the Springboks,   De Allende is not ideal - but twice the center Andre is.   So lets look for  real no 12 for the future,   The names I think about are Visser, JC Pretorius and even  Muller Du Plessis - all three Blitzbokke  -  or DH van der Merwe playing for Edinburgh on the wing.   

You do not even know about those players and do not know how they play - so your comments will be worthless.   Yes sit up and take note.        

Mar 10, 2019, 08:39

... yes, Doos ... and pigs fly ...

Mar 10, 2019, 09:11

CC

Please be precise - doos is a generalization - dofdoos is the precise description applicable.  

Mar 10, 2019, 11:10

Getting desperate aren't you Mikey? You always revert to type. The ghastly trio have no nerve to hold. :P

Kriel was better than Simlane. Also, I have never seen you mention him once. 

Lastly, André did something Ward couldn't do: Straighten the attack and secure possession under intense physical pressure. He was arguably the most physical Shark on the day, handling swarms of defenders. He also created more than Ward and pressured on defence, where Ward was run over. Yes, Ward ran into open space. Good for him. What else? 

Easy picking as always. :D

Mar 10, 2019, 11:53

Liar - go back on your threads praise singing Am and you will find the name Simelane (not Simlane)  there - not only once, but more than once.   And Kriel was opposed by the below par Amla and Simelane by one of the best international centers around.  

Straighten the attack did not help the Sharks very much now did it?    No Silly Bi;lly - day dreaming and fairy tales are meaningless in the game of rugby.  Pressure on defense when eh made  tackle and missed 1 in 35 minutes he was playing.   Dream on Silly Billy.   

Mar 10, 2019, 13:03

This is priceless. Straightening the attack "did nothing" for the Sharks. Why do you do this to yourself? :D

Mar 10, 2019, 13:46

So what happened aside from your fancy words?  Nothing much I am afraid. 

Mar 10, 2019, 16:43

And Kriel was opposed by the below par Amla and Simelane by one of the best international centers around.  

Which one was one of the best international centers around? Moroni or Ezcurra? Especially when Moroni went to the wing for the injured Boffelli. 

Mike, you like your team of the week selections are a joke.

Mar 10, 2019, 16:54

So of it is a joke = why not suggest your own ideas.   And unlike Silly Billy please motivate your suggestions. 

Mar 10, 2019, 18:48

Actually Simelani didn't look that quick in the kick chase...from thecommentators' comments I thought he was express. To me he looks like a Willemse stepper....but does he have rugby nous?

Mar 10, 2019, 19:04

Foeitog 

Mow suddenly Simelane is not that quick and he may not have rugby nous

Why do you not say the same as Silly Billy - namely that I have not mentioned Simelane as a player to watch out for,

In any event the youngster had a better outing than the famous Am and Mapoe had in their whole career and that against a team with 13 players who have played test rugby in opposition.    

Very poor effort on your part to try and support Silly Billy and his BS clique on site - sad to say.

Mar 10, 2019, 19:05

Foeitog 

Mow suddenly Simelane is not that quick and he may not have rugby nous

Why do you not say the same as Silly Billy - namely that I have not mentioned Simelane as a player to watch out for,

In any event the youngster had a better outing than the famous Am and Mapoe had in their whole career and that against a team with 13 players who have played test rugby in opposition.    

Very poor effort on your part to try and support Silly Billy and his BS clique on site - sad to say.

Mar 10, 2019, 19:10

Mike has pointed out Simelane as a potential talent before, if there's any confusion about that.

Mar 10, 2019, 20:22

So I'm gathering from this that Slimelane is one of 236 talents Mike has spotted.

Mar 10, 2019, 20:37

No Mozart

I have not been the member who is never right when it comes to selections and performance,  

Mar 10, 2019, 20:58

I leave it to others to be the talent spotters.....the odds aren't in your favour. Once these guys are regular Super Rugby players I get interested.

But I heard all the Slimelane hype....to me he looked like the standard issue.....reasonably quick without being express, good step which he likes to show, probably physical enough to play Super rugby....just. Filled with the confidence of succeeding at youth level, which will soon be knocked out of him.

Perhaps he is the exception....let's hope so.

Mar 10, 2019, 21:18

Similane was very good and looks a good prospect. I liked what I saw of him for the Baby Boks except at times the stupid coach wasted him on the wing.

Both Kriel and Am have been good this year, with Kriel leading the race with ease.

Kriel has been on fire for the past 18 months. Always had the talent, he is now comfortable in his skin. Plays with confidence in the knowledge he is good and belongs.

Mar 11, 2019, 12:29

There is nobody like Mozart on site,

If anybody mentioned that they should look out for future progress by a player you are according to him guilty of hype and he starts immediately to prepare for an anti - player campaign.   It is especially so when  \Dave or I mentioned any player at all.  

It becomes acute when such a player replaces one of the greats and has beens or never has-beens he admires it carries on for years - his anti De Kock campaign started because eh replaced Graeme Smith in 2013 and a few months ago he was still suggesting that De Kock be dropped from the Protea squad and replaced by Klaasen.   The hate campaign against Du Toit and Stander is even worse - it is a constant.

You need to Log in to reply.