You need to LOG IN to reply.

Rugby magazine Fantasy Rugby 2019 . . .

Forum » Rugby » Rugby magazine Fantasy Rugby 2019 . . .

Jan 18, 2019, 15:10

If anyone is interested in a slightly different but very enjoyable Fantasy Rugby game for this year's Super Rugby then join the Ruckers Forum league at Rugby Magazine Super Rugby

In this game, you pick a squad of 28 or more players and then on a weekly basis you pick a starting XV and a bench. You can have a big squad with lots of cheap players or stick to the minumum 28 player squad with more expensive players, it's up to you. You get a maximum 5 transfers every week but only 1 is free, the remaining for cost you 20 points per transfer.

Go take a look and if you're interested, I've created a league called "Ruckers Forum" and here is the link:

Join Ruckers Forum Super Rugby League (Token af8c15323892)

Not sure if you'll need the token. I assume that's like a password or something.

If you want to try the game out first they also have a Six Nations game starting in 2 weeks time but please note one very important difference, the Six Nations game has no budget so you can pick whoever you like. I've created a league for that one as well and here is the link:

Join Ruckers Forum 6N League (Token af8c15323892)

There is also the usual Fantasy Game at Superbru which is always a good game but there's no budget. I've created a pool there called "Ruckers Forum":

Join Ruckers Forum Superbru Pool (Code wastkelt)

Then there's the game at Rugby Pass which is a bit clumsy and not the best interface but I'll create a pool if anyone else is interested. Their website currently says "under construction" so maybe they're improving it or maybe they won't run it at all this year.

There's also the Draft game but I'll put up more details about that one closer to the time.

Jan 21, 2019, 04:14

That one looks pretty good. I have created a Pool at Superbru for Fantasy. 

Join SARuckersForum, my Super Rugby Fantasy league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

https://www.superbru.com/superrugbyfantasy/pool.php?p=11974295

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

fateviol

Jan 24, 2019, 13:03

Hey Mike .. I don't see your name listed ... are you going to play ... ?

Looks pretty good.

Jan 24, 2019, 13:04

If you don't mind Redneck, I've invited a mate of mine.

The more the merrier. right?

Jan 24, 2019, 13:06

Hey BlueBok ... didn't I read somewhere that you'd be playing this year?

Well ... ???

Jan 24, 2019, 13:28

Rooinek

I have joined - but not dealt with selections.

Feb 06, 2019, 02:51

Superdeck has a fantasy comp running now. Looks pretty good, most similar to the Fox Sports one I have seen. And NRL Supercoach. I have created a League. It's SARuckersforum, Code: 840287

https://sportsdeck.com/au/rugby/dreamteam/#/?action=join-league&code=840287

Feb 06, 2019, 09:41

Good find 3ku1!

I'm in.

Everyone else who used to play the Fox game, this is very similar so please join. If you use 3ku1's link then you'll automatically be entered in the SARuckersforum league.

Feb 07, 2019, 12:03

yeah, this is the most similar to the former Fox fantasy,....

last year I tried to play it and formed my initial team,... but once the season begun, never played,..... the salary range was something btwin 50.000 and 150.000$,... there wasn't significant differences btwin the players' salaries which made the game confusing

this season they have improved it with the salary range btwin 60.000 and 600.000$,... this has improved the game big way and makes it very similar to the Fox (which had the same range),... transfers are also very similar,... we had 3 each round at Fox and now at Sportsdeck there are also 3 each round but with a maximum of 51 for the season (3 transfer each of the 18 rounds would be 54 transfers so we have 3 less transfers or we have to spend only 2 transfers in 3 rounds),... and the scoring system even though that from Fox was the most complete and best possible, this from Sportsdeck has very similar ending results,....

so this is a very decent replacement for the extinct Fox game,.... which was the best,.... I'm in

Feb 07, 2019, 12:12

Cheers ABasque, always good (and a big challenge to the rest of us) to have you on board. Please try the Rugby Magazine game as well. 

Feb 07, 2019, 12:41

I joined the Sportsdeck  comp - but is clueless about joining a League and there is apparently no means to start with team selection until next week,   Will need a lot of help to get this one operational by me..

Feb 07, 2019, 12:59

Ou Maaik, you are already in our League because you joined using 3ku1's link. I assume your team is "Michael's Team".

If you want to check out our league then hover your mouse over the menu option in the top left and you'll see "League" come up as the 4th option from the top and click on that.

You should be able to pick your team now. I did.

The teams in our League so far are:

Luke's Canes (3ku1)

The Lightbringers (Rooinek)

Hotsteppers (baz?)

Black Power (ABasquefan)

Michael's Team (Ou Maaik)

Come on Klown, Oimatey, Wardad and the rest of you!

Feb 07, 2019, 13:47

Ok ... I'll give it my best.

Feb 07, 2019, 14:46

Menu option? ... what menu option? ... don't see it.

You need to Log in to reply.