2. Mbonambi

3. Malherbe

4. Ruben Schoeman

5. Ruben v Heerden

6. Venter

7. PSDT

8. Jaco Coetzee

Feb 03, 2020, 22:47

I agree with you about mist selections - but have to point out that the Sharks backline did not function efficiently and the commentators blamed both Bosch and Esterhuizen for the problem,  I must to an extent support their viewpoint - but there was no real center functioning on the day and the choice at 12 was between only Esterhuizen and Odendaal and both were not really  up to standard - so I support your selection of Esterhuizen,  The Sharks  would have to be a hell of a lot better to beat the Highlanders in Round 2.

As to Coetzee the fact is he played at 6 for the while game until injured and was the class 6 on the day,   Kolisi played at 8 until injured.   Coetzee was together with Du Toit the class act loosie on the day and I would agree he is a must irrespective of where he played,

Feb 03, 2020, 23:04

Coetzee played most the game at 8

Odendaal had a solid game so I’d be happy with him at 12

Feb 04, 2020, 01:59

Dud Toit ...7 runs 24 meters, no defenders beaten, no offloads, one turnover conceded, 6 tackles and one missed. And according to Wanker he is co equal to Coetzee.....11 runs, 70 meters, 2 clean breaks, 3 defenders beaten, 1 offload, no turnovers, no missed tackles.

You can’t make this up.

Feb 04, 2020, 02:28

The Mozart Idiot at work again = nothing new as expected,   

Feb 04, 2020, 02:43

PSDT was huge once again as was Coetzee

Feb 04, 2020, 16:47

Yeah, the sharks and bulls game wasn't the most spectacular game, but given the conditions in the humidity I think that it would have been extremely hard, but that said. The sharks outside backs got involved a lot which speaks volumes of Esterhuizen in his little touches. 

I can't really fault this team, I think Saffex has got it spot on but I would like to make an honourable mention to Moerat, really starting to show he has a hard edge and were putting in some big hits

Feb 04, 2020, 17:41

Coetzee's clean breaks gained massive meters...he ran like a center...doesn't mean Du Toit was bad. He actually had an intercept too...great game!

Moerat wasn't bad either. I think I mentioned him in the match thread. I don't know who got MOTM, but it should have been Coetzee. He was all over the place when playing 6 and 8.

Feb 04, 2020, 18:03

Moerat was good I like him

Feb 04, 2020, 18:50

Not in the mold of Eben, but the potential to atleast be as good as the Itoje pretender!:D

Feb 04, 2020, 19:19

Man the Itoje hype irritates the crap out of me

He is a good player he is not a great player, not even close

Feb 04, 2020, 20:01

I see Moffie is still on his hilarious mission to prove that the two-time SA Rugby Player of the Year and current World Rugby Player of the Year is actually a useless rugby player.

LMAO!

Here's a little-known fact . . . the Venn diagram of people who are complete and utter rugby noobs and people who don't rate Pieter-Steph du Toit is actually a perfect circle.

Feb 04, 2020, 22:07

No....just a useless flank. He is a perfectly serviceable lock, except in the lineouts.

Feb 04, 2020, 22:40

His line out work is just as good as any other lock out there and that’s a fact

Useless flank WOW

That’s equivalent to saying Kallis was a useless bat

Feb 05, 2020, 07:05

"That’s equivalent to saying Kallis was a useless bat"

Yes well, you are talking about the noob who thinks Quinton de Kock is the weak link of the Proteas batting line up.

Feb 05, 2020, 11:30

Rooinek

Did you see the thread I started under the Cricket part about  Mozart being a plank.   He specializes in writing tripe om site.  

You need to Log in to reply.