Saaarks on fire

Forum » Rugby » Saaarks on fire

Feb 07, 2020, 09:01

Ahead 27-3 halftime, 3tries .... Mapimpi has 2 .

Feb 07, 2020, 09:42

Highlanders putting up a good fight in the second half. Currently 30-15 to the Sharks and the Highlanders have just botched an easy try.

Hang in there Sharks!

Feb 07, 2020, 09:46

And the excellent Aphelele Fassi seals it with a try.

Feb 07, 2020, 09:46

Blob the only time the snarls get on fire is when their jealousy towards the Mighty Stormers overflows. 

But go for the win snarks no folding. 

Feb 07, 2020, 09:54

Highlanders strike back but then Fantastic Fassi does it again. Surely a Springbok in the making.

Feb 07, 2020, 10:07

There were a lot of positives in the Sharks game, but also some negatives,  So lets accept the Sharks has some excellent outside backs and I like what I saw from the loosies, but they will have to up their game in the other aspects of the game.   I must say that quite a number of times Bosch was guilty of poor-out-of hand kicks and I can see why Esterhuizen was not in the WC squad.   He was ineffective compared to the other backline players.

Should have listened to CF when he said the Hghlanders is a poor team.  

Feb 07, 2020, 10:10

Bravo guppies, first game after that long trek downunder, hopefully they can bliksem the 'Canes next week.Our second win over a NZ team. Nice change.

Feb 07, 2020, 10:44

"There were a lot of positives in the Sharks game, but also some negatives"

Sweet lord @Mike.

Tell you what, if you get hard enough, you'll find fault in heaven.

Well played Sharks!

They look really good this year.

Feb 07, 2020, 11:25

Ou Maaik will take any opportunity to promote his pathetically childish and biased agenda against certain players . . . in this case Andre Esterhuizen who had a good game today.

Seriously, how anyone can ever take ou Maaik's rugby views seriously (or Moffie's for that matter) is a mystery. Two stubborn old fools who have made up their minds about certain players and nothing will ever change that. They'll be bickering about Esterhuizen, De Allende, PSdT, Mostert  and anyone with Steyn as a surname until one of them kicks the bucket . . . and there's absolutely nothing that any of those players could ever do on the field to change either one's mind.

Feb 07, 2020, 11:49

It was a good game to watch on a Friday morning, especially that we are 1 for 1 in terms of an SA team finally winning in NZ. 

Yeah, I thought the sharks backs put a lot of pressure on, but nearly threw it away, the outside backs were getting a bit tired on pressing and started to create huge overlaps. 

That said, the hands and vision to put players into space on the counter was excellent.

I haven't seen an SA team play like this for a while. 

Nice to Mpimpi is continuing where he left off and Fast looks like the real deal, good hands, speed to burn and good eye for the gap 

Will be watching this kid closely 

Feb 07, 2020, 13:41

Well done snarks. Mighty Stormers set a good example. 

Recall how ou rooitwit was always criting Schalk Burger. Luke Watson much better opined the noob. Then Schalk was made Internal Rugby Player of the Year. Did that change ou rooitwit's mind. No a tiny bit. Talk about rampant bias!

Feb 07, 2020, 14:24

"Internal Rugby Player of the Year"

Baboon-ou might be incredibly stupid and we know he's a stinking liar, but he still provides some good humour . . . even if it's always unintentional.

I'm pretty sure we all have our own Internal Players of the Year . . . mine would have been close between Pieter-Steph and Cheslin Kolbe.

Feb 07, 2020, 14:25

"Recall how ou rooitwit was always criting Schalk Burger . . . sniff . . . boohoohoo . . ."

Uh-oh, naughty Rooinek criting again!

LMAO!

Feb 07, 2020, 14:52

We have a true fetcher in James Venter, what an awesome first half he had.

Where are those ignorant twits who said Notshe was crap - another great game by the impressive 8

Fassi is pure class has Bok written all over him

Ruben v Heerden at lock had another good game

Bosch had a crap game, he is better than that.

I thought the first few scrums that went against the Sharks were suspect given the early shoves by the Highlanders but thankfully that proved short lived

Great to see our sides dominating the Kiwi sides

Our hopes lie with the Sharks and Stormers this year

Feb 07, 2020, 15:10

I need to set my Sky box to record SuperXV, I thought it was tomorrow...

Looking at the highlights, some of the black players showed phenomenal skills. Quotas are dead and buried, they are arguably the best players in the Sharks team.

Notshe was doing some Bob Skinstad no look in the tackle offloads. He certainly appears to be fitting into the open Sharks game plan, rather than the dull kick and chase we often see from SA teams. I thought Notshe would be more suited to the Lions, but the Sharks are playing a very expansive brand of rugby with good passing, playmaking and outright pace. 

Mapimpi is, without doubt, the best finisher in world rugby, along with having improved his all-round game. 

AM is a good playmaker and he has to be watched, so even when he is less involved he is taking opposition defenders out of the game.

Fassi has pace and growing confidence and looks like the real deal in his second season. He always had the potential, but now he is starting to look like a polished diamond. He will surely be in the Bok squad this year as both a full back or wing. I have not seen much of his kicking game, but he can get experience in that with the Boks as well.

Feb 07, 2020, 15:23

Fassi has a good kicking game - I saw him playing for Dale at school where he played 10, he was phenomenal in that match, so much so I said as much on this site saying I thought I’d seen a star in the making.

At 89kg he could do with adding 5kg of muscle which will no doubt come

Feb 07, 2020, 15:46

Shark you should be able to see the match on Sky catch up in a day or so

Feb 07, 2020, 15:51

I'll give you that Saffex, Nachos probably had his best game I have ever seen him play. Great to see him drawing players and keeping the attack moving forward, wonderful passing skills. 

Although, not sure if he can handle the physical stuff

I honestly can't see a single quota player in the sharks starting 15. Mohambe was a bit suspect with his box kicking, but the kid is young

As for Fasi, why do you want to be big and heavy when he has so much pace, good height and strong enough on defence. I wouldn't want him to lose his pace. 

The Highlanders backs really struggle to keep up with his pace

Feb 07, 2020, 15:57

Shark the game is already on catch up

Feb 07, 2020, 16:00

5kg of muscle given his height would not impact his speed at all and it would give him respectable physicality

Notshe has always played like that I have seen many performances by him on that level - has always been a ball player and has added muscle to the equation

Feb 07, 2020, 16:21

Thanks Saffex, I will check it out later today.

Feb 08, 2020, 00:03

https://vidoza.net/36ux23pueflx.html

o ja, video

You need to Log in to reply.