Schalk Brits

Forum » Rugby » Schalk Brits

Oct 08, 2019, 23:45

What a player and what a wonderful human being.

Always laughing and smiling, so emotionally in tune with those around him. Such nice touches with the ball boys and girls, brilliant touch with jersey exchange with Canadian hooker

Just so sad we saw so little of him for the Boks. He should have had 5 times the caps he has

The perfect sub and a great ambassador for Bok rugby

Oct 09, 2019, 00:06

Couldn’t agree more. What a player. What a gentleman. His kids are lucky to have such a super old man.

Like you said, he’s just very in touch with his surroundings.

Oct 09, 2019, 00:09

Initially, he started for the Lions, and he was a like a Bob Skinstad type of player. (power of a forward, skills of a back). Everyone tipped him as a Bok. 
He then went to the Stormers that played a conservative game plan, unlike the Lions (even back then). He did not look as good in the tighter more restrictive game plan

Jake White was not a fan. He did not believe Schalk Brits was a scrummager, or even a tight forward. 
Pdivvy choose him, but he got exposed as a scrummager, and in the tight phases of the game. A show pony in the loose, but not a tight forward. However he was young back then, and his power game had not developed.
He went overseas, and it is clear the Northern Hemisphere has improved his tight forward game. 

It does show that Rassie knows what he is doing. We all said Ackers was a better choice, but Rassie is a pure rugby man. 

Oct 09, 2019, 00:30

The problem was that the useless coaches at the time decided he was not up to it as a scrummager based purely on his size.

He did nothing different went he moved to Saracens they just recognised his talent and invested in it.

Rassie has done the same

My call with Brits is that I would never have used him as a starter in tests but certainly would have used him off the bench

We lost out on something special not seeing Brits coming off the bench for the Boks back then

Oct 09, 2019, 00:43

Bollocks, he might be a fine human being but players like Akkers have arguably done far more for SA rugby than a talented young hooker who spent about ten years up north. It makes no sense gifting him a spot at this RWC.

With Rassie & Brits, something's fishy, somebody bonked someone's sister (or worse).:'(

Oct 09, 2019, 01:06

Blob you are a fucking idiot

Oct 09, 2019, 01:30

What is it with this immature and childish moron? Every time someone has a different opinion to his he abuses them. 

Oct 09, 2019, 01:34

Denise fuck off you little coward no one gives a toss about what you think

Oct 09, 2019, 15:02

blobbok, Schalk wasn't just chosen because of his on field contribution.
Therein lies the difference.
Him and Akker are similar types of players. Both compact and robust in the tight loose.

The difference is that Rassie was looking for a leadership group within the team.
We have a lot of young / inexperienced players around. Leadership plays a great role in getting the best out of the youngsters.

Schalk hasn't let us down once since being picked and he is a great squad man. So i reckon Rassie's selection is 100% vindicated.

I don't think anyone needed to bonk anyone's sister in this instance.

Oct 09, 2019, 15:59

The big mistake was playi g him at hooker. 

Britz would have made a brilliant inside center - has it a fot this position.

Kolbe should have been a scrummie. Best in world. 

Pierre Spies should have been a wing. 

Etc etc. 

Too many positional blunders. 

Oct 09, 2019, 16:16

you sound like a Sharks coach.

They're notorious for getting players to change positions, mostly unsuccessfully.

Brent Russell being prime example.

Oct 09, 2019, 17:19

I was rather unhappy when Erasmus chose Brits as a member of the squad - but am now glad he did,   Let me remind people how questionable the line-out throwing of Marx and Mbonambi was last year - they way too often missed their targets in games.   

When Erasmus selected Brits he spoke about help in improving the hookers in that regard and I have not seen as many poor throw-ins like there was last year - fact is the number now is minimal compared to what it use to be. 

I generally believe that players of his age is past it, but in the case of Brits it is evident that he is still very fit - making a tangible and positive contribution to the squad - both on and off the field.   He is not like the other geriatrics we were used to under Meyer - he does contribute and has a positive influence on his teammates.                

Oct 09, 2019, 17:20

Kolbe is pretty much the in form wing in the world ATM. Surprise of the year.

Brackenfell Buksie.

Oct 09, 2019, 17:54

Sorry db. Don’t mean to sound dumb. But what does Kolbe have to do with this thread?

Oct 09, 2019, 18:05

My grandmother prefers knitting on Tuesday and Wednesdays, and she is creating a Kolbe jersey

Oct 09, 2019, 18:22

Who is surprised by Kolbe's impact at this RWC?

Maybe the occasional rugby noob who made statements like this less than a year ago: Is Kolbe really going to work out as a test wing? I doubt it.  (and then claimed to "discover" him a few months later) but many of us have been fans of Kolbe since he first burst onto the scene and we're not in the slightest bit surprised that he's silencing all his detractors who always said he was too small.

Oct 09, 2019, 19:52

"

Oct 09, 2019, 17:54

Sorry db. Don’t mean to sound dumb. But what does Kolbe have to do with this thread?"

Sorry, my ADHD prevents me from staying on topic. Beenz derailed my train of thought. :D

"The big mistake was playi g him at hooker. 

Britz would have made a brilliant inside center - has it a fot this position.

Kolbe should have been a scrummie. Best in world. 

Pierre Spies should have been a wing. 

Etc etc. 

Too many positional blunders. "

Chip, let op in klas asb.

Oct 09, 2019, 20:47

The lack of insightful posters here has long been a problem alas. 

Flash has as much imagination as a hamster running on a treadmill!

Brainpower oaks that's what it takes. You have or you dont!:angel:

Oct 09, 2019, 21:34

Beenkop do you have brainpower?

Oct 09, 2019, 21:36

Dave 

Don't think so - his rugby knowledge is near to zero LMAO

Oct 09, 2019, 21:50

There you go HasBeen.....your gift for supporting the Queer all these years

Oct 09, 2019, 22:09

Beeno, you've got an incredible imagination....

...an imagination so good that you have convinced yourself that Trump is the man!

So no argument there.

Oct 09, 2019, 22:17

Please post your political views under the Trumpet Flash.....there's a good fellow.

Oct 09, 2019, 23:01

As a scrummager, Brits pales into insignificance when compared to the past incumbents of the day, Brissie and John. G'onya Jake White, he never fell for the flavour of the day.

Oct 09, 2019, 23:04

Denise good to see your rugby input has taken zero strides

Who is Brissie?

Oct 09, 2019, 23:05

Fatboy, you're doing a lot of "fucking" on here, does your boyfriend know?

It's just a question.

Oct 09, 2019, 23:13

Who is Brissie you ignorant prick?

Oct 09, 2019, 23:25

Bismark Du Plessis....got that?

Now answer my question.

Oct 09, 2019, 23:27

Bismark was never called Brissie you fucking idiot

Oct 09, 2019, 23:32

That's what I call him...get that Fatboy?

Oct 09, 2019, 23:41

That more than confirms your stupidity ugly mug

You know fuck all about rugby and you can’t even get the players names right

Give up you idiot

Stick to running away

Oct 09, 2019, 23:44

Nyaah Nyaaah Nyaaah

Failed to chalk up a cheap point Huh?

Now, don't let me down.....answer the question.

tx.

Oct 09, 2019, 23:48

You don’t have a question you dumbass

Oct 09, 2019, 23:52

You are a question....a fat one at that.

Laughing Graphics

Oct 09, 2019, 23:54

Stick to Afrikaans for English is not a strength of yours

Oct 10, 2019, 00:00

Yawn.....you've used that line repeatedly. Would you like some help finding new material?

Man you must be a boring prick to live with and BTW spare a thought for everyone else, it's almost midnight and you've been on here since this morning. Now Fuckoff to sleep.

Oct 10, 2019, 00:02

Denise let me guess judging from your miserable inputs over the years and not to mention all the sob stories of oppression etc that you are the life and soul of your little circle

Bwhaaaahaaaa

Fucking idiot

Oct 10, 2019, 00:13

Desperate lines from a desperate soul. I pity you.

How's "class act" Tattooed Boy going?...he was great against Siberia.

Laughing Graphics

Oct 10, 2019, 00:14

Well this escalated rather quickly.

Oct 10, 2019, 00:22

Awe poor little Denise has an issue with tattoos

Not only are you boring you are also a pathetic little conservative prick as well

That’s a personality pleaser

Oct 10, 2019, 00:25

Dropped "ignorant" and "thick as pigshit" I notice, it's not that hard is it? My schooling is bearing fruit.

Oct 10, 2019, 00:28

Denise branch out and get a face tattoo

I won’t explain why

You need to Log in to reply.