You need to LOG IN to reply.

Schalk Britz to be fined by SANZAAR for criticising penalisation inconsistency between countries

Forum » Rugby » Schalk Britz to be fined by SANZAAR for criticising penalisation inconsistency between countries

May 13, 2019, 10:02

Sometimes you feel that‚ 'How can a guy in Australia get two weeks and a guy in South Africa get four weeks?' As a rugby player‚ I feel that we get the short end of the stick a lot of times in South Africa. I really think they need to reassess the process.

"You are penalising me for a record that I got four years ago. Do I think that is fair? Maybe not‚ but it happened and I can't do anything about it now. But I did ask them to have a proper look at it. Rugby is a fair game and if you look at the incident from beginning to the end‚ their outcome should not have been what it was - but I made peace with it quickly."

Rapport added that SANZAAR believes Brits breached of the competition's code of conduct, damaged the event's high-standing disciplinary processes and violated the rule that players and coaches cannot criticise the decisions of match-day and/or disciplinary officials.

---

Referring decisions are debatable, but this is not. 

SA players always get more severe penalties for the same offences. 

Liam Messam was exonerated and let off about one hundred times due to his prior exemplary record. 

May 13, 2019, 11:38

Same old story--crush any dissent. The bias has been obvious for years. 

You need to Log in to reply.