Schalk exits the stage...

Forum » Rugby » Schalk exits the stage...

May 12, 2019, 03:00

...late in the Saracens match Schalk Burger came on....created one turn over, and as a last act secured the ball after the whistle and passed it to Koch, who launched a typical tighthead kick to touch. Less than a side show, but I bet they enjoyed it.

This looks like Burger's last serious match at age 36....what a great warrior

May 12, 2019, 05:41

He was a great player until 2012 and somewhat spoiled his reputation when he returned to play in 2015 - pity about that 

May 12, 2019, 08:11

Really? I posted a direct comparison between Schalk and Steph. One was supposedly a clog in the distribution chain "playing fly half", the other the best player in world rugby. Schalk came out on top, whilst Steph was in actual fact the clog Schalk was accused of being. This is the dishonesty amongst so called Bok "fans" that has become off-putting as it has stunted our rugby. Schalk is one of the greatest players of all time, a wonderfully multifaceted competitor. Note the word competitor. Few of the next generation of Boks have the heart or appetite to truly compete. As is the way, it's the criticism a South African player receives in their homeland that truly highlights how great they truly are. Not a land to embrace greatness, but mediocrity and failure. 

May 12, 2019, 08:55

What are you doing back AO?   We had sensible discussions when you were not on site and now it is back to your normal idiotic crap.    I never said anything negative about Burger before 2012 - he was a great player then.   However, in 2015 he was never up to standard and that is a fact.   

The constant usage of fancy phrases  to hide the truth is just fun to see.    LMAO

May 12, 2019, 09:41

It's high time ...

Pity they played him as an openside flank. He was never suited to the role.

Then again ... Juan Smith was a better 7 than Schalk ... so I supposed with the disliked, more talented Watson excluded from the mix, they had to find a spot somewhere for Schalk.

In truth ... it should have been Watson at 6 with Burger on the bench as backrow cover.

May 12, 2019, 10:02

Have to agree with Organhuffer, Schalk was one of the greatest competitors EVER. 

Was amazed how rooitwit favoured Luke Watson above Schalk.

Welcome back Organhuffer. :D

May 12, 2019, 14:00

There is still a possible Premiership Final for the old dog yet. 

May 12, 2019, 14:25

Schalk was a way better player than little Puke, who was totally exposed when PdV galloped in waving the Watson flag. A couple of toothless tests and even PdV had to give up on the tiny fellow.

Watson was made by Schalk's dominating tackles, which set up turnover opportunities at WP. When Schalk wasn't there to hold his hand Watson wasn't there

It took the pro Watson PdV 3 games to figure that out.....then he was on the bench.....then he was gone. A Kleintjie Kriel clone with less talent.

You need to Log in to reply.