Scott Barrett Red Card

Forum » Rugby » Scott Barrett Red Card

Aug 10, 2019, 18:02

Poor old Barrett the gift that keeps giving.....he also handed the Boks their win last year. But I must say I have sympathy with him today. This was a goal line situation which is much more akin to stopping a moving maul than a tackle. Hooper was barging for the line, Barrett sealed it off by driving down into the player. From his angle, given how low Hooper was, how could he have failed to contact the head.

You see this time and again in these goal line stands and it's never even penalized. If the French jerk hadn't called it, nobody was going to mention it....not the TMO, not the rabidly biased Ozzie commentators.

Aug 10, 2019, 20:12

"Poor old Barrett the gift that keeps giving.....he also handed the Boks their win last year"

That was Jordie...but good story anyway

Aug 10, 2019, 20:19

Really, I'm gobsmacked......there are more of these match gifting Barretts?

Aug 10, 2019, 20:33

...sometimes we just have to grin and barret

Aug 10, 2019, 21:20

Kinda of a ....roll out the barrett, wer'e having a barrett of fun?

Aug 10, 2019, 22:30

Technically a red card but no real malice in it. Looked like Barrett just got too close to Hooper and didn’t really get time to get his arm out to tackle correctly. Laws are laws though....

Aug 10, 2019, 22:33

Will Greenwood in the Sky studio has got into trouble for voicing his objection to the red card.

Agreed, Hooper was going down there was no intention to go for the head

Unfortunately the red was according to the letter of the law

Aug 10, 2019, 23:43

There should have been  a yellow earlier on too...NZ  outplayed in a big way...the red card gave them an excuse, but Aussie came to play!

You need to Log in to reply.