You need to LOG IN to reply.

Semi-Finals - projected outcomes

Forum » Rugby » Semi-Finals - projected outcomes

Jun 27, 2019, 15:19

I believe that the -

*   Crusaders will beat the Hurricanes with ease,   The Canes has excellent backline players - but their Tight 5 is weak.

*   Jaguares has beaten virtually every Aussie and New Zealand team they played against over the last two years and te fact is that the Aussies are already moaning that they field what would virtually be an Argentina  test side- while the Brumbies have been given a break in the quarterfinal by the Sharks.

My forecast on Superbru is -

*   Crusaders to win by 15 points

*   Jaguares to win by 7 points.    

Jun 27, 2019, 17:00

I thought I saw some talk about having the final in a neutral zone like London, or New York.  Not sure how imminent that was. 

Jaguars are good, but not sure if they could beat a full strength Crusaders outfit in Christchurch.  

Jun 28, 2019, 14:40

Mike I go with your projections. 

The old crusts have a better pack. The Hurricanes may get lucky and do enough via the backs but odds are on old crusts. 

Jags should win but maybe not too easily if Brums come to play. 

Hoping for a Jags/Crusader final. 

Jun 28, 2019, 14:57

The Jaguars will be pumped having never reached the playoff before and so will the crowd supporting them.

I will be surprised if the Brumbies come within 10 points of them.

The Saders are a class act. They have a great pack and some very dangerous outside backs.  Their midfield in my opinion isn't much to write home about.

Mo'unga hasn't had the best of seasons. He was awesome last weekend but I think that had a lot to do with their opponents. They weren't in the same league.

The Canes have Ardie Savea, Perenara and Beauden who can clean you up quickly if you're not careful. All three are on form and in my opinion are better than their counter parts at the Saders. This could be the difference between them.

Also, a Laumape on fire is a very dangerous midfielder ... and then you have Dane Coles looking a little more like his old self.

I don't think this is going to be as one sided as most seem to think.

I will be cheering for the Canes and the Jaguars.

Would be great to see a final in South America with the Jaguars coming out tops.

You need to Log in to reply.