You need to LOG IN to reply.

Sevens in Vancouver

Forum » Rugby » Sevens in Vancouver

Mar 11, 2019, 04:43

I was about the give up on the Blitzbokke this year and then out of the blue they won the Vancouver title for the first time,

They got some of the stars of last year back and they did very well in the process 

Elsewhere I mentioned that we must look at three Blitzbokke as potential inside centers in future and I mentioned -

*   Impi Visserl

*   JP Pretorius

*   Muller du Plessis 

All three were stars in Vancouver and I still stick with my suggestion in the relevant regard.   

Mar 11, 2019, 10:42

Sorry, link won't work.

Mar 11, 2019, 10:55

Ou maAaAikie you are missing the obvious. The two players most likely to succeed in the 15 man code are the brilliant Werner Kok who is very physical as well. Then there is the brilliant Selwyn Davids who could make a world class scrummie - what a player - very fast can break a lvne at will and gets stuck in. No scummie in the 15 man code possesses his abilities..

Geduld is a great playmaker. Like to compliment the other Davids who did some great work on defence as a forward. The whole team played well.

A guy who could grow into greatness is Grans. Very fast, great acceleration and wonderful stepping.

Your guys have promise ou maAaAikie.

Mar 11, 2019, 11:09

Beeno

As per normal you missed the point totally.   Any player who can score three tries against the Fijians is special and only muller du Plessis did that - none of the others - Kok included - did that.

However, Kok has never showed any interest to switch to the 15 man game permanently and  what I wrote above is possibly looking at certain player as potential players at center (especially 12) where we have problems in the 15 man game.  It have zero to do  with small brilliant sevens players that could never play at center on test level.  

Wake up from your slumber please.

Mar 12, 2019, 20:08

Can't find a replay on that Fijian game ,only Selwyn David's antics .Never seen an inside kick from touch by a player like that,similar to a reverse sweep. 
Pity he turned down a Sharks contract a few years back,opted for his local area EP Kings,waste.
I see he was playing for Griffons in 2017.

Mar 12, 2019, 20:49

@Moonrover:

Highlights;

Mar 12, 2019, 22:46

Muller du Plessis is a fullback/wing rather than a center. 

You need to Log in to reply.