Skillsets of a superb centre

Forum » Rugby » Skillsets of a superb centre

Aug 01, 2022, 12:10

Aug 01, 2022, 13:00

Jean was good but nothing there shows a better skill set than de Allende which proves my point

de Allende has the same skill set with the added bonus of freakish strength

Same can be said of Esterhuizen

Aug 01, 2022, 13:33

I think Jean was better than De Allende but had so many injuries that hampered his ability. He was way  more creative than De Allende. The 2nd fastest player after Habana. Scored a ton of intercept tries. However, towards the end of his career he took the ball up far more often into contact and less of his passing skills. 

De Allende is an amazing player, but he doesn't have the pace of Jean. 

Aug 01, 2022, 14:20

Jean was the best yarpie 12 of the pro era. You can't fucking be serious telling me Allende is better. Noone of the Blocks is. Night and fucking day difference. Allende is an ass hat and we make that chump look like a chimp every time we play him.

Once again the Kob has to be cooked. Jean was a fucking route one fuck most of his career. He opened it up LATER in his career. Fuck me, are you just trying to be different with this shit? 

Aug 01, 2022, 15:41

Dud better than Jean…..you have to be kidding.

1 Jean was way faster than Dud offering a long strike capability.

2 Jean read the play….that’s why he made so many interceptions. I can’t recall one Dud interception.

3 Close to the line, Jean found a way to get the try….witness the try in the 2013 AB  test when JJ imploded. Like Pollard vs Dud against the Wallies he aimed for the gap, not for the man.

4 Jean had a good short offload and the ability to throw the long pass.

5. Defensively he was a much more secure tackler in space….but crucially snuffed out so many threats by shooting up to make the smother tackle.

There is no way Dud Allende is in the same league as Jean.

Aug 01, 2022, 15:59

Nope Jean was not more creative, he was very direct as that footage showed

The highlights had very few highlights

No step, no amazing breaks

Don’t get me wrong Jean was the best 12 we have had since readmission but it would be a close call with him and de Allende

I’d take de Allende because of his sheer strength, de Allende is more athletic and uses the step when needed

As I said don’t get me wrong I rate Jean highly, he was an intelligent player but I prefer de Allende but maybe that has plenty to do with the now and Jean is the past

Aug 01, 2022, 16:03

Skillsets…..I know this pompous word is much used by the convicts, but you might want to spell it correctly Quisling:

Now, not all dictionaries provide a definition of “skill set,” but those who do always list the noun as two words (open compound, no hyphen). “Skillset” and “skill-set” do not appear in dictionaries at all, leaving us to assume they are incorrect, variant spellings.’

There, now you can impress your fellow convicts.

Aug 01, 2022, 16:08

You’re right Dave, Jean didn’t really have a step. Nor did Snyman or Marius Joubert. They were all classical 13s in my view. But given we never had a great 12…Jean functioned brilliantly in what was his 3rd best position.

Aug 01, 2022, 16:24

For me Jean’s best position was 12

Aug 01, 2022, 17:03

Jean outside Kerevi would have been a great combination.

Aug 01, 2022, 18:43

Well, lets put it this way.. .most of your shitty backs get outplayed week in and week out. Allende can't pass, can't tackle, does random stupid thoughtless shit, runs wrong lines, takes the wrong options, is sloppy with ball presentation and body position in contact. It isnt' just a case of him not doing all the inside centre jobs well, he doens''t even do them fucking right! Useless fucking cunt. Keep playing the bastard and we will keep making him look stupid. Like a lot of your useless feckless, his strength is massively overrated. The fuck needs to be shadowed by a loosie to drive him forwards of else he thuds like a sack. Still doesn't get ground, just slows the phase play down. Makes it fucking hard to actually attack when a stupid fuck weasel slows it all down huh? Having to have your pack work harder to secure that position and reload the line on the following phases. YOu stupid fucks never think of anything of this stuff. Jean was at least respected. He was probably the last of that generation of smarter Blocks. I heard Jones said he was one of the three main people when gameplanning. Can you honestly fucking imagine Allende gameplanning? Fucking hell that would be hilarious.

Aug 01, 2022, 19:03

Our players are the best in the business

I can’t think of too many foreign players I would select ahead of our players

Aug 01, 2022, 19:06

Fucking bullshit. Stuff your cork head back up your arse you stupid fool.

Aug 01, 2022, 19:10

Are you saying something clean cunt?

Aug 01, 2022, 19:12

Hard to hear up there aint it? There's a good little boy. 

Head Up Ass Posters | Redbubble

Aug 04, 2022, 12:54

Huh? Nope .. not me.

But seeing as you asked so nicely.

Jean had a brain. Was able to step off both feet. Had a lot of pace ... a lot more diversity. Could crashball when it was called for ... knew how to get his outside man into the gap with some crisp passing ... awesome interceptor of a poor pass ... knew how to run a defensive line ... was a strong defender ... a natural leader and captain ... and was respected by all.

De Lindy doesn't have a brain ... well not one that can help him count much further than 3 ... doesn't have much of a step to fool anyone ... a bit of plodder ... easily caught from behind by an overweight prop ...  a one trick pony ... crashballing is all he knows ... no idea how to pass ... often dies with the ball on the ground ... has been known to be a weak defender 5m from his own tryline ... no idea how to run a defensive line ... his high tackling is often broken by smaller men ... and has about the same leadership qualities as Kolisi the quota.

See the difference?

Didn't think so.

Aug 04, 2022, 18:31

Fuck me, you reminded me now CC of that ridiculous little hop he used to do for a few years. That WAS his step! A hop and then a very slight angle in to the nearest body. I don't really know what to make of that... maybe like trying to do a Jason Robinson step AWAY from space into an opponent. That's hoew fucking stupid this douche nozzle is. I don't know if you remember, but this feck was useless in the final against us. Fucked up on defence and blew a couple of great attacks. He always ran away from the space into bodies. I think he'd be happier if we just cut to the chase and put him in a gay bar... that would solve Quisling and Saffesex's problems as well...

Aug 04, 2022, 18:40

:D:D:D...it's almost like you're twins...but good fun regardless. 

You need to Log in to reply.