You need to LOG IN to reply.

So how good a coach is Robert du Preez

Forum » Rugby » So how good a coach is Robert du Preez

Apr 06, 2019, 11:55

One moment he is useless the next the Sharks are thrashing the Lions and the oaks forget all their scathing comments about Du Preez. 

Where does the matter lie now oaks? 

Apr 06, 2019, 15:32

Same as before.

They need to be more consistent and beat some good teams by good margins.

Problem is, it's taken very long. One has to excuse people for doubting.

Apr 06, 2019, 16:10

Remember what our world experts - Silly Billy and co - said about Du Preez as a coach.   You will be crucified by them.    

Apr 06, 2019, 16:10

Remember what our world experts - Silly Billy and co - said about Du Preez as a coach.   You will be crucified by them.    

Apr 06, 2019, 19:59

Robert had vision as a player...he's way above average as a rugby mind and has got the blueprint for rugby DNA...., but can he really share that knowledge? One skould think basic non-skills like butter-fingers should have been coached out of his kids by the time they left home for primary school? Rob seems OK, but the two Rottweilers seems to suffer poor hands, especially Dan. Pity, we need such players. Brilliant, but not quite there. Pierre Spies 1.2 and 1.3.?? Close, but no cigar...Millenials vape these days.:(

Apr 07, 2019, 07:13

Draad is right about Robert senior...he has good rugby pedigree and experience,,,he played a long passing scrumhalf to master mind Naas for years, is a very good mentor, bred and raised 3 sons all with good rugby ability in different departments,,,he is popular and well-liked and respected with Sharks squad, there is no favouritism with his progeny and treats them as the others.

These qualities appear to be a great squad builder and we are hopefully going to see the Sharks progression into a formidable unit...well  after Friday night it certainly shows and I'm anticipating an upward curve.

I was initially a bit sceptical as this is a tendancy developed over the past with most Sharks fans, due to disappointments and inconsistencies that have appeared in past and hankered in memory under Sharks in Ian Mac glory days, however I believe I was perhaps impatient as we all are at times.

I hope this is not a flash in the pan but on the otherhand there was a previous post when we spoke of depth and quality in the squad.

Apr 07, 2019, 11:32

Du Preez to my mind is as average as they come. There is nothing special about him at all.

He needs to take a firmer stance on his squads discipline. Guys like Akker are allowed to do as they please ... without consequences ... and now the team suffers without him for three weeks. He should have been rapped over the knuckles the first time he showed a lack of control. He's had a few cards already and now a banning for three weeks.

Praising Du Preez for the Lions defeat without taking how pathetic the Lions were into consideration is a little silly.

Apr 07, 2019, 11:49

So, Klown, what were you thinking every time Lukhanyo Am made a tackle, won the ball on the ground or busted through yet another Lions defender?

I was picturing you with your eyes out on stalks as the player you're always bashing beat the feeble Lions team almost on his own.

LMAO!

Apr 07, 2019, 13:33

Arsehole ... not much to be honest ... he's still a useless quota and that won't change.

Why do you ask?

Apr 08, 2019, 10:44

"Why do you ask?"

Just wanting to see if you'd admit to being wrong about Am after he turned your Lions into a bunch of blushing prison brides.

No worries . . . I see the beat goes on. I reckon Am could double up his turnovers, tackle busts and tries and you'd probably still be writing him off as a useless quota. There's nothing he could ever do to change your mind . . . but you keep up your Am-bashing and we'll all just carry on laughing at you.

Apr 08, 2019, 11:03

Nah ... that was never going to happen.

He's a second rate gravy trainer ... always will be. His flat nose and the colour of his skin is all he needs to make the Bok side. 

But thanks a lot for giving me permission to bash him a bit more.

Apr 08, 2019, 16:58

In my view, they are all rubbish. Swys is losing the plot and selecting an in experience 13 which left gaping holes in the midfield. 

The sharks had more time on the ball and actually used their brains a bit. You could see the distributors were able to scan the field before putting the player in the gap. They would not have been able to do that against a better defensive team. 

The bulls are up and down and definitely missed Pollard. Not the same team without him. But they simply play dumb rugby. 

Stormers, enough said. 

I don't see our boys beating the Kiwis or Ausies consistently. I don't care who wins in our conference. It is those teams that I want us to beat.

You need to Log in to reply.