So what do we think about England taking off their medals....

Forum » Rugby » So what do we think about England taking off their medals....

Nov 03, 2019, 16:34

....not applauding the refs and about Farrell's bitter concession speech. It seemed a tad ungracious for a nation that prides itself on good sportsmanship

Nov 03, 2019, 16:43

Yes very poor. Very had sportsmen. It is not really a surprise as the English can have this tendency to sneer and try act I am so mighty etc.

Should have moered them after the game in the car park. 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Nov 03, 2019, 17:10

Poor sportsmanship - they were soundly beaten - it as not even close.   Farrell is an arsehole anyway.

The site of the test yesterday was Farrell's tackle attempt on Kolbe yesterday.   He should have gone for the neck as per normal and it might have worked.  

Nov 03, 2019, 19:00

No excuses but the French ref was perhaps one of the worst choices that WC rugby could have made. Yet once again he did not rise to the standard expected for such a game.

Having said that show me a Pommie who can be gracious in defeat. 

Jones at least showed his class and admitted that they were outplayed but then again he is Australian after all.

The England skipper was more "pissed off" than he should have been because they (the team) were outclassed.

Actually thought their game in the semi final was always going to be difficult to repeat and thankfully it proved to be so.

Beaten by pure class they were.

Nov 03, 2019, 19:29

It's was a tactically naive game from the English and they paid for it. They can blame no-one but themselves.

Nov 03, 2019, 20:07

How do you make a clown like Farrel captain. 

I recall he very dangerous high tackle on Esterhuizen. Should have been a yellow minimum. No penalty was awarded and England consequently won the test. 

Nov 03, 2019, 20:13

No Sitzsack, we must remember it as the self titled clever man said it: We drew that test because Rassie was slow at walking. 

Nov 03, 2019, 20:31

Rather be a slow walker than an idiot like you have been for years.   I have some advice for you - do what you did so many  times already - choose a new user name and maybe we would take more than 3 weeks to find out that you are as thick as a brick.     

Nov 03, 2019, 20:35

Getting hot under the collar, eh? Gosh, one would think you might be trying to hurt my feelings. Yet, that cannot be, afterall, you preached to us all to love thy fellow poster and be open minded, never to throw insults. Not only that, but no rugby input. This is rather embarrassing Lügnerin. 

Nov 03, 2019, 20:42

LMAO

Nov 03, 2019, 20:44

There's a good boy, though don't be too clingy. 

LMAO: Loving Master AugenÖffner

I accept your bashful concession. :D

Nov 03, 2019, 22:08

Hahahaha....

Nov 03, 2019, 23:23

Farrell is a boring prick - there is loads of footage of Haskell winding Farrell up all the time when they were England team mates

It’s a classic case of the intelligent winding up the dunce

Nov 04, 2019, 00:16

Farrell cant escape his rugby league roots from what I can see... 

re not wearing the medals... hmmm... I dont have that much of an issue... it means they were stinging and fair enough they went into this game big favourites... It shows they really care... 

But as we know... Poms are the worst winners and worst losers.... lolol

I feel for EJ he did a very good job all tournament -

Frankly the Pom front rower getting knocked out after 2mins by his own player... was the catalyst for their implosion IMO... Cole wasn't use to scrummaging with starting pair and it really showed... 

Anyway as for taking medals off.... Whateves... little bit funny though haha

Nov 04, 2019, 01:55

Cole is the stronger scrummager - Kyle is a solid enough 3 known for his carrying skills.

They lost a prop we lost a hooker and a lock at the same time

Nov 04, 2019, 02:02

We gained a lock and the hookers were very close. 

Nov 04, 2019, 02:17

I would have thought Cole too - and Aussie scrum bothered Pom scrum too - especially that prop that got knocked out... Maybe EJs front row needed tougher run SF - the kiwi scrum obviously not up to it...

BTW Saffas didnt get the free pass game (typhoon) like kiwis and england too - so in my books makes even more worthy winners...

Cant take anything away from Saffas - played well - Even Willie... best seen him play in years... was him dropping the ball in the last 5 games just a clever ruse?  

Rassie showed he is an excellent coach - Poms and Farrell showed their true colours...

Love to see Rassie stick it out as coach of RSA now in rare company of RWC winning coach - do you think he'll put up with the politics of it all?

Especially since there is a lot of $$ to be made in Europe...

Nov 04, 2019, 02:42

The biggest change was that Willie was allowed to perform his usual role: Connector between the interior and exterior. This is where he is most dangerous. J-Raz limited his role significantly this year. 

Nov 04, 2019, 03:00

The Springboks won the World Cup

Team of the Year  -   Springboks

Coach of the Year -  Erasmus

Player of the Year -  Du  Toit

Idiot of the Year  -   AO aka Liza Page aka a dozen other User Names 

Co-Idiot of the Year - Mozart aka Shifty Schiff-Strzok

Nov 04, 2019, 15:15

There was one incident that was part of the medal story that should be mentioned,   Ben Youngs with his medal in place came to Kolisi and apparently asked him for his jersey and was given one apparently worn by him during the first half.

Seems to me Youngs is a real gentleman and scholar.- pity he is already 30 years old since he would be an excellent captain of England if the example of his sportsmenship shown above is anything to go by.   

Nov 04, 2019, 15:58

Yes Maaik, I saw the clip on the SA Rugby Twitter feed....and I really don't mind them not wanting to be second best...

I can't recall any of them behaving unsportsmanlike to the Bokke....apparently they are a bit salty about not getting a yellow or a warning after their 25-phase onslaught on the SA try line...they put everything into it and we didn't budge...like some on here said, that's where we won.

Some fans also moaning about the Mapimpi try "forward" pass.:D

Nov 05, 2019, 20:06

Talking about forward passes.....must be Limey's.

Put I do think that the refs are so concerned with being classified as  biased that quite often forward passes are overlooked and in some cases have resulted in points.

Or is it just plain and simple sub standard refs/line refs  not making use of the TMO to verify borderline forward passes. 

Nov 08, 2019, 16:43

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-7661851/The-image-Englands-World-Cup-team-sulking-spoiled-bunch-children.html

English team appropriately ripped.

Nov 08, 2019, 17:33

Nov 08, 2019, 17:34

You need to Log in to reply.