Some Centre Stats...

Forum » Rugby » Some Centre Stats...

Nov 26, 2022, 13:39

Centre-Stats-1

Take from it what you will, it was done more out of curiosity. 

Nov 26, 2022, 16:14

How can a Bok centre with the second lowest try scoring ratio among established centres ….who has a 56% win ratio……be regarded as crucial for the Boks to win?

Nov 26, 2022, 17:27

No Sonny Bill up there, suppose he would have the most off-loads though. 

Nov 26, 2022, 17:28

It's quite remarkable, isn't it? It really is something seeing how Gerber stands so much taller than some of the most amazing talent the game has ever seen. He played both inside and outside centre and never wavered in his ability to influence the game at the highest level. 

Nov 26, 2022, 18:43

Would be curious to see who had the most try assists. De Wet Barry once tormented the AB back line, broke tackles at will and off loaded to Marius Joubert who I think scored 3 tries in home game. However, Joubert got the headlines but Barry was the one who created them 

Nov 26, 2022, 19:39

I do believe that Niekerk was the devastator in that game. New Zealand had no answer for him off the scrum or the seam. But you do raise a good point Korn! I couldn't possibly provide stats for all of these players, but I can say from what I've assessed from video and stats that De Wet Barry showed enough in 2004 to suggest he had more to give in a very poor era! Damian and Am don't rank very highly for assists. Jean was underrated as a decoy strike runner. Overall, I think this mostly captures the influence of each centre. 

Jan 17, 2023, 23:23

I think this needs to be revisited. We need some perspective on the "best 12 in the world" the past 9 years...

Jan 17, 2023, 23:58

LOL

It has to be DDA because apparently the Boks strictly require a lose forward at 12 without actually picking a loosie there.

Dan Dups has better hands, game sense, support, distribution and go forward…

Any number of loose forwards in SA are better than DDA at the very things that Saffex claims make him vital to the Boks.

I mean, i could understand if DDA was perhaps lightning quick, a bone crunching tackler…or had any x-factor whatsoever. He doesn’t though. He’s an ordinary slow lump with little skill and some of the worst decision making i’ve seen.

Simply, whatever you want him to do, there is someone that does those things better.

If you want a loosie there then Kwagga, DDP, Roos, Dayimani…take your pick.

If you want an actual back at 12…RJVR, Esterhuizen, Willemse.

…but no, DDA has the secret mystery juice. So we’re told.

I’m not generally mean to players because they are doing the best they can and i don’t know them. But damn, DDA actually strikes me as mildly retarded sometimes with the shit he gets up to.

You need to Log in to reply.