Some impressive rugby being played by our sides

Forum » Rugby » Some impressive rugby being played by our sides

Apr 04, 2022, 23:48

Elevated by the fact that the NH sides have their test players back. Our sides are playing great attacking rugby with many players putting their hands up to replace or add depth to our Bok squad

Bok squad players that are doing well include

Gelant

Fassi

Mapimpi

Willemse

Hendrikse

Kitshoff

Ox

Thomas du Toit

Mbonambi

Kolisi

Non squad players making an impression include

Fullbacks - Quan Horn / Arense

Wings - Tambwe / Zas / Edwill vd Merwe / Senatla

Centres - Odendaal / Marius Louw / Rickus Pretorious/ Vorster / Similane

Flyhalves - Hendrikse/ Libbok

Scrumhalves - Papier / de Wet / vd Bergh

Props - Gerhard Steenkamp / Sadie

Hookers - Grobelaar

Locks - Andre Smith / Ruben Schoeman / Walt Steenkamp / Ruben v Heerden

Loosies - Buthelezi / Elrigh Louw / Evan Roos / Vincent Tshituka / Arno Botha / Marcel Coetzee

Tambwe, Evan Roos and Tshituka simply have to make the squad although Tambwe is having issues getting SA citizenship and is off to France - all to more reason to cap him

Apr 05, 2022, 04:12

I was impressed the past weekend by  Roos and  Willemse  and think Roos should be  a serious consideration when it comes to springbok squad selection - especially since there are serious question marks about the  Duane Vermeulen's  situation.   Would not mins if  Coetzee is also considered - but think that Roos is more athletic and pacier than Coetzee.   .   

Apr 05, 2022, 11:59

Are you joking, Kolisi did nothing all game. No room  for Hendrikse at 9?

Fassi and  Gelant hasn't featured recently but should be back  soon. Although, Gelant is our best option

Apr 05, 2022, 14:40

Kolisi will be there because he is Bok Captain....but he mostly stood on the sidelines...most probably on Advice from R&N....there is so many Guys that stood out like Roos, elrigh louw, Tishituka etc...which is good for sa and R&N must act on it, with the right selections.

Apr 05, 2022, 16:14

Ja, I think that the new additions to our team should be Roos, Tsuka and Louw. Would like to see Marcel back too. We are still a bit thin at 6. 

Definitely need to drop Herschel Jantjies. 

R&N need to be brutal this year and get the right guys back in the team. Especially players like Esterhuizen who has been putting their hands up all  season. 

Looking for to the squad announcements 

Apr 05, 2022, 18:59

King try scroll up to my list of Bok squad members playing well - Hendrikse is there

I’m so sick of the crap written about Kolisi who has been good - he was our best forward along with Eben on the EOYT

Kolisi is a class act

My take is not based on one game but the whole season

The only Bok struggling with form is Jantjies at 9

Roos owned Vermeulen when they opposed eachother. If Roos and Tshituka don’t make the next Bok squad - Rassie should be shot :)

Apr 06, 2022, 15:39

Haha, I agree on that if Rassie doesn't pick Roos or Tshituka, but not sure if he qualifies to play for the boks yet. Think he is from the congo, so may miss out. 

So how would you  rate the player currently on the URC on  present form?

The reason why I'm not picking  Kolisi is that he hasn't shown the same form as we did at the end of last year. When he  wants  to play he can be amazing but he has not put in the big shifts. Not sure if he is distracted, the sharks game plan or what. 

For me the front row, scumhalves, and  Fullback are really interesting race. I mean, how do you pick between  Gelant and Fassi? 

Ox and Du Toit has been destroying the other packs. Kitshoff has been there about and Malherbe is starting to play again, but our form tighthead is Thomas the tank. 

Bongi and Grobler has been great. 

If Marcel Coetzee can stay fit, is probably our best 6 in the URC and does so much as ball  carrier as well as defender. 

Locks is a mystery to me, if you don't rate Nokea, the bloke from the bulls then I don't know. Yes, he is similar in build to Mostert but think he is far superior in the lineout and have gotten quite a few line out steals. Just watch his last game and how well he reads the throws. 

Apr 06, 2022, 21:02

I have no time for thin scrawny locks which is what Nortje is. He might be good in the line outs but adds no grunt elsewhere.

It will work to some extent for the Bulls playing weaker opposition but put up against a physical pack and he will disappear where it counts

I can’t stand Mostert and Orie - Nortje is a clone of these two physical liabilities

I much prefer Andre Smith, Ruben Schoeman, Walt Steenkamp, Ruben v Heerden and Moerat when he played the odd game

Ruben Schoeman of the Lions has been the standout lock

Apr 06, 2022, 21:29

"Ruben Schoeman of the Lions has been the standout lock"

No arguments there. Glad to see this hard-working warrior getting some recognition.

Apr 06, 2022, 22:07

Yeah Rooi big fan of the big man - gets stuck in, in every department

You need to Log in to reply.