Some sayings we can use when dealing with rugby ignorance on site

Forum » Rugby » Some sayings we can use when dealing with rugby ignorance on site

Oct 07, 2019, 20:51

The following from the world of politics:-

Winston Churchill on Prime minister Lord Rosebery: “He was a great man in an era of small events.”

John Quincy Adams on Thomas Jefferson: “A slur upon the moral government of the world.”

Georges Clemenceau on David Lloyd George “Oh, if I could piss the way he speaks!”

Jim Hightower on George H.W. Bush: “If ignorance ever goes to $40 a barrel, I want drilling rights on George Bush's head.”

Former senator Bob Dole on George W. Bush: “Well, he got this new globe for Christmas,” asserting that George W. Bush lacks a grasp of foreign affairs.

John Montagu: (after a heated exchange with John Wilkes) "Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" John Wilkes: “That, sir, depends on whether I first embrace your Lordship's principles or your Lordship's mistresses.”

Bob Dole on Carter, Ford and Nixon: “History buffs probably noted the reunion at a Washington party a few weeks ago of three ex-presidents: Carter, Ford, and Nixon — See No Evil, Hear No Evil, and Evil.”

Assistant secretary of the Navy Teddy Roosevelt on president William McKinley: “No more backbone than a chocolate éclair.”

Pat Buchanan on Bill Clinton: “Bill Clinton's foreign policy experience is pretty much confined to having had breakfast once at the International House of Pancakes.”

Former Australian prime minister Paul Keating on John Hewson: “He’s like a shiver waiting for a spine.”

Barney Frank on George W. Bush: “People might cite George Bush as proof that you can be totally impervious to the effects of Harvard and Yale education.”

MP Jonathan Aitken on prime minister Margaret Thatcher: “She probably thinks Sinai is the plural of sinus.”

Benjamin Disraeli on William Gladstone: “If Gladstone fell into the Thames, that would be a misfortune. If anybody pulled him out, that, I suppose, would be a calamity.”

Senator William E. Jenner on New York governor W. Averell Harriman: “He’s thin, boys. He’s thin as piss on a hot rock.”

Andrew Jackson: “I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.” John C. Calhoun was his Vice President.

Lyndon Johnson on Gerald Ford: “He's a nice guy, but he played too much football with his helmet off.”

Winston Churchill on prime minister Clement Attlee: “An empty cab pulled up to Downing Street. Clement Attlee got out.”

Abraham Lincoln on Stephen Douglas: “His argument is as thin as the homeopathic soup that was made by boiling the shadow of a pigeon that had been starved to death.”

Adlai Stevenson on Richard Nixon: “The kind of politician who would cut down a redwood tree and then mount the stump to make a speech for conservation.”

Texas governor Ann Richards on George W. Bush: “Poor George, he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.”

Winston Churchill on prime minister Clement Attlee: "He is a modest man with much to be modest about."

British prime minister David Cameron on former prime minister Tony Blair: “He was the future once.”

Georgi Plekhanov, Russian Social Democrat, on Vladimir Lenin: “You show the bourgeoisie your behind. We, on the contrary, look them in the face.”

Former Israeli prime minister Golda Mier to former Israeli defense minister Moshe Dayan: “Don't be so humble, you're not that great.”

Hope you have a good laugh.

Oct 07, 2019, 21:01

Please post this stale list under HasBeen's Section.

Oct 07, 2019, 21:26

I concur, more BS for the Beeno section... :D

Oct 07, 2019, 21:37

And STRZOK never posted a joke on this site,    

Oct 07, 2019, 21:43

I liked Churchill's humor best. You could apply his sayings very easily to sharktwit! He has much to be modest about Hahahahaha. 

Oct 07, 2019, 21:45

Where did you get this from? You clearly copied it from somewhere. 

Oct 08, 2019, 05:23

Lizatjie

A recent topic in Microsoft  News.    

Oct 08, 2019, 08:52

Tips for efficient living...

"Every time you're listening to nonsense, use that time to plan your day." 

You need to Log in to reply.