Sonny Bill Williams sons want to be Sprongboks

Forum » Rugby » Sonny Bill Williams sons want to be Sprongboks

Jan 04, 2022, 23:42

New Zealand star Sonny Bill Williams has revealed that his two sons aspire to be Springboks rather than All Blacks.

Williams made 12 appearances for the Kiwis during an illustrious 10-year career in rugby league before switching to rugby union where he earned 58 caps for the All Blacks and won two world cups.

“Cape Town is my second home,” said Williams, according to the Ruck website. “Maybe one day my two boys might be playing in green and gold. They’ve told me that’s what they’d like.

“They love the Springboks.”

Williams, 36, and his South African wife, Alana Raffie, were married in 2013 and have four children.

Jan 04, 2022, 23:49

Nice thought but can’t see it happening

Jan 05, 2022, 00:14

Dear Chips...who can blame them with a father like Sonny...but that is life. Sonny must repent and become reborn... religion is useless , does not save anyone, faith in a God -given Messiah does.

Jan 05, 2022, 00:31

Poor old Sonny....rather like Beeno wanting to become a Kiwi Bird.

Sonny was a great centre, a natural talent but over poisoned with the notion that he could box...yes he could but boxing is tougher than rugby, certainly to be the tops.

Jan 05, 2022, 16:12

That would be cool if Sonny,s sons played for the boks...and with there fathers talent, they might be just as good.

Jan 05, 2022, 17:28

it sounds as if Williams children could qualify as SA citizens  due to the citizenship of the mother and Cape Town being his second home. as stated above.    That would be the determining factor.   Anyway -  who knows what will happen in their case - at this stage it is just a funny media  story.       

Jan 06, 2022, 23:50

SBW was always an idiot.

Jan 07, 2022, 07:07

So he's an idiot because his children, who's half South African, wants to play for the Boks? They're still todlers BTW...

Jan 11, 2022, 22:10

No I said SBW was always an idiot.

No reference to his kids at all.

You need to Log in to reply.