Springbok team to play Canada . . .

Forum » Rugby » Springbok team to play Canada . . .

Oct 06, 2019, 08:48

South Africa

15 Damian Willemse, 14 Warrick Gelant, 13 Damian de Allende, 12 Frans Steyn, 11 Sbu Nkosi, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Francois Louw, 7 Kwagga Smith, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Thomas du Toit 

Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Eben Etzebeth, 20 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Handre Pollard, 23 Willie le Roux

Oct 06, 2019, 09:32

I think there will be some halftime changes made - like moving Willemse to flyhalf and bringing on Le Roux to replace Willemse at full back.  Reason we need cover  for Pollard and at present there is none really usable ones.

Kwagga has been problematic thus far and I think Du Toit might replace him rather early as well.

Using De Allende at 13 is another of those changes - he has not played at 13 since 2014 and the back-up position in that position is problematic as well.   I think Pollard will also replce steyn ar 12 rather early.

It is also becoming clearer who would be in the quarterfinal team - looks to me that it would be as follows:-

15  Le Roux, 14  Kolbe, 13  Am, 12 De Allende, 11  Mapimpi, 10  Pollard, 9  Faf, 8  Vermeulen, 7  Du Toit, 6  Kolisi, 5  De Jager, 4  Etzebeth, 3  Malherbe, 2 Mbonambi, 1 Mtawarira

16  Marx, 17  Koch, 18  Kitshof, 19  Snyman, 20  Louw, 21  Jantjies, 22  Willemse, 23 Nkosi,    

Oct 06, 2019, 09:33

Redneck ... a question ... how did you get Matsushima from your bench to your starting 15 after the Japanese match had concluded?

Oct 06, 2019, 10:22

Klown, I'm guessing they did an automatic substitution when the Bok team was announced and Kolbe was excluded.

PS If I click on "My Squad" it still shows Matsushima on my bench and Kolbe starting. It's only when I click on "Points" I see the substitution.

PPS An extract from the rules regarding automatic substitutions:

"AUTOMATIC SUBSTITUTIONS

Automatic substitutions take place when user team points are processed at the completion of game week fixtures.

Our algorithm does not simply replace like for like over the course of the weekend. It works out how to best utilise the players on your bench to fill those positions vacated by injury or selection, ensuring you receive maximum points. It will not however, alter your starting lineup, rather it will simply fill any holes that have been left through players dropping out.

You will receive a notification to your inbox in the event of any automatic game week substitutions.

In the event that your captain is not chosen to play, your vice-captain will be selected. Should neither your captain or vice-captain play over the course of the gameweek, the highest reputation player (who has registered points for the weekend) will be chosen instead. A player's reputation is an internal metric used to calibrate salaries in our domestic competitions.

In the event that your kicker is not chosen to play, the player playing 10 in your team will be chosen in their place."

Doesn't explain why the substitution has happened already rather than at the end of the round, but it would have happened anyway.

Oct 06, 2019, 10:33

I see ... makes sense.

You need to Log in to reply.