You need to LOG IN to reply.

Team Selection - Round 5 - Super Rugby

Forum » Rugby » Team Selection - Round 5 - Super Rugby

Mar 11, 2019, 14:14

Chiefs   vs  Hurricanes

Chiefs

15  Damian McKenzie, 14  Sean Wainui, 13  Tumua Manu, 12  Anton Lienert-Brown, 11   Ataata Moeakiola, 10   Marty McKenzie, 9  Brad Webber, 8  Tyler Ardron, 7  Mitchell Karpik, 6  Mitchell Brown, 5  Michael Allardice, 4  Brodie Retallick (c), 3  Nepo Laulala, 2   Nathan Harris, 1  Aidan Ross

Replacements  :  16  Samisoni Taukei'aho, 17  Ryan Coxon, 18  Angus Ta'avao, 19  Taleni Seu, 20  Luke Jacobson, 21  Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22  Alex Nankivell, 23  Etene Nanai-Seturo

Hurricanes

15  Chase Tiatia, 14  Jordie Barrett, 13  Matt Proctor, 12  Ngani Luamape, 11  Wes Goosen, 10   Beuaden Barrett, 9  TJ Peranara, 8  Ardie Savea, 7  Du'Plessis Kirifi, 8  Ardie Savea,7   Du 'Plessis Kirifi, 6   Reed Prinseep, 5  Vaea Fifita, 4  James Blackwell, 3  Ben May, 2.  Dane Coles (c), 1  Toby Smith

Replacements  :  16  Asafo Aumua, 17  Fraser Armstrong, 18  Alex Fidow, 19  Liam Mitchell, 19   Liam Mitchell, 21   Finlay Christie, 22  Jackson Gardon-Bachop, 23   Salesi Rayasi

Brumbies   vs  Waratahs

Brumbies

15  Tom Banks, 14  Henry Speight, 13  Tevita Kuridrani, 12  Irae Simone, 11  Lausa Taliauli, 10  Christian Leali’ifano, 9  Joe Powell, 8  Lachlan McCaffrey, 7  Tom Cusack, 6  Rob Valentini, 5  Sam Carter, 4  Rory Arnold, 3  Leslie Leulua’i’ali’i-Makin, 2 Folau Fainga’a, 1  Scott Sio

Replacements :  16  Josh Mann-Rhea, 17  James Slipper, 18  Tom Ross, 19  Murray Douglas, 20  Pete Samu, 21  Ryan Lonergan. 22  Jordan Jackson-Hope, 23  Mack Hansen

Waratahs

15  Kurtley  Beale, 14  Israel  Folau, 13  Adam  Ashley-Cooper, 12  Karmichael  Hunt, 11  Alex Newsome, 10  Bernard  Foley, 9  Jake  Gordon, 8   Jack  Dempsey, 7  Michael  Hooper, 6  Ned Hanigan,  5  Rob Simmons, 4  Jed Holloway, 3  Sekope Peku, 2   Damian Fitzpatrick, 1  Harry  Johnson-Holmes

Replacements  :   16  Tatafu  Polota-Nau, 17  Rory O’Connor, 18  Chris Talikai, 19  Ryan MCCauley, 20  Lachlan  Swinton, 21  Nick  Phipps,  22  Mack Mason,  23  Cam Clark 

Stormers  vs  Jaguars

Stormers

15  Dillyn Leyds, 14  Sergeal Petersen, 13  Dan du Plessis, 12  Damian de Allende, 11  SP Marais, 10  Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9  Herschel Jantjies, 8  Juarno Augustus, 7  Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6  Siya Kolisi (c), 5  JD Schickerling, 4  Eben Etzebeth, 3  Frans Malherbe, 2  Scarra Ntubeni, 1  Steven Kitshoff.

Replacements   : 16  Bongi Mbonambi, 17  Corne Fourie, 18  Wilco Louw, 19  Cobus Wiese, 20   Jaco Coetzee, 21  Justin Phillips, 22  Ruhan Nel, 23  Damian Willemse

Jaguares

Sunwolves  vs  Reds

Sunwolves

Reds

Highlanders  vs  Crusadsers

Highlanders

Crusaders

Lions  vs  Rebels

Lions

Rebels

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Byes : Round 5 - Bulls, Sharks and Blues

16. Asafo Aumua 17. Fraser Armstrong 18. Alex Fidow 19. Liam Mitchell 20. Heiden Bedwell-Curtis 21. Finlay Christie 22. Jackson Gardon-Bachop 23. Salesi Rayasi

Chiefs:

1. Aidan Ross 2. Nathan Harris 3. Nepo Laulala 4. Brodie Retallick (c) 5. Michael Allardice 6. Mitchell Brown 7. Mitchell Karpik 8. Tyler Ardron 9. Brad Webber 10. Marty Mckenzie 11. Ataata Moeakiola 12. Anton Lienert-Brown 13. Tumua Manu 14. Sean Wainui 15. Damian Mckenzie

16. Samisoni Taukei'aho 17. Ryan Coxon 18. Angus Ta'avao 19. Taleni Seu 20. Luke Jacobson 21. Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi 22. Alex Nankivell 23. Etene Nanai-Seturo

Mar 13, 2019, 05:26

Mar 13, 2019, 07:13

Waratahs: Harry Johnson-Holmes, Damien Fitzpatrick, Sekope Kepu, Jed Holloway, Rob Simmons, Ned Hanigan, Michael Hooper, Jack Dempsey, Jake Gordon, Bernard Foley, Alex Newsome, Karmichael Hunt, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Israel Folau, Kurtley Beale.

Bench: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Rory O’Connor, Chris Talakai, Ryan McCauley, Lachlan Swinton, Nick Phipps, Mack Mason, Cam Clark.

Mar 13, 2019, 07:54

Hurricanes,  Chiefs and Waratahs Updated -  Thanks  Guys;

Just one problem  -  I kept being loyal to Retallick and he is the worst point scorer in my teams.   Will have to discard him soonest. 

Mar 13, 2019, 11:29

Sorry about the crappy format but here's the Brumbies team:

1. Scott SIO
2. Folau FAINGA’A
3. Leslie LEULUAIALII-MAKIN
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Sam CARTER
6. Rob VALETINI
7. Tom CUSACK
8. Lachlan MCCAFFREY
9. Joe POWELL
10. Christian LEALIIFANO
11. Lausii TALIAULI
12. Irae SIMONE
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Tom BANKS

REPLACEMENTS

16. Josh MANN-REA
17. James SLIPPER
18. Tom ROSS
19. Murray DOUGLAS
20. Pete SAMU
21. Ryan LONERGAN
22. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
23. Mack HANSEN

Mar 13, 2019, 11:31

Ou Maaik, I don't understand. You've been slagging off Brodie Retallick for years now so why on earth would he be in your Fantasy team in the first place, let alone a player you'd be loyal to?

Mar 13, 2019, 11:35

No  - Rooinek I was not slagging off Retallick - after all I had him for years in my various Fantasy teams.   

I got the Brumbies team into a different format and updated - thank you. 

Mar 13, 2019, 11:38

By the way I often find teams on Planet Rugby, but that site seems to have died.   It was my link that went belly-up in fact LOL 

Mar 13, 2019, 12:00

Ou Maaik, here is a quick selection of quotes made by you regarding Brodie Retallick:

" Retallick speciality is spear tackles and taking players out in the air in line outs."

"Retallick was a lamb and more like a hare in the headlights."

"When playing against real locks Retallick vanish into insignificance."

"I do think that Retallick and Whitelock have been the best AB locks for years - but they have both been off form this year.  Both are not a full combination required from a lock - better in loser formats of the game - but not really the best in the tight phase of play.  Both lack to an extent grunt and that reduces their value as locks."

"Then we have another one - Retallick.  If it was not the fact that they were playing the Force ) I would never have selected that line-out flop.   The better locks are injured and the Crusaders have a bye.  So not long for him in my line-up."

"When Retallick comes up against Etzebeth he becomes Etzebeth's bunny    Then suddenly you see nothing of him and he tries to escape to th backline to get away from the pressure."

"So how come Retallick goes running away when he has to meet Etzebeth.   I believe the Chief's will play the Stormers in Cape Town after Etzebeth's return.   I will be surprised  if Retallick does not find an excuse so as not to play in that game."

"I have reservations about Retalliock - he is not up to standard in tight play and in line-outs."

"Sorry to say - but in my book Retallick in tight phases of the game is really questionable and as an example I wish to refer to the Stormers game - where he lost balls in line-outs to the below par Steenkamp."

"Retallick and Whitelock has proven nothing of the kind - they are two really weak locks in tight 5 play and Reatallick in particular is weak in line outs."

"You know what - Retallick is a lock of the type Matfield is - nothing strong in particular.   He actuilly moved to the middle of the line out to improve his line out record - but he still is a loosie type of lock with no real claims to fame as a lock - he is weak in carrying balls in traffic and he is of no real value in tight 5 plays.    

"He has never figured in any test against SA - the loosies and backline beat us in all tests - not the Tight 5.   As per normal Retallick and Whitelock will be invisible in the tests against SA - same as Retallick was in Super 15 - where he really shines with an occasional run in space and nothing else.  

When he comes up against stronger locks he is shown up for what he really is.  Provided Meyer does not make a fool of himself and play Matfield against the AB's you will soon see what happens to Retallick."

So Ou Maaik, the question remains, if you think so little of Retallick, why do you pick him in your Fantasy teams?

Mar 13, 2019, 12:17

:D:D:D How many of the above was plaguing  our NZ members?????????  There was some triuth in some of the above though.   I do not think the AB locks was all that good in the two tests last year.  

Personally I think the problem this year with Retallick is the fact that he is a captain of a team tending to self-destruct and he himself is not what he used to be.  Maybe removing the captaincy would help Retallick to concentrate on his personal performances,   

Mar 13, 2019, 12:17

:D:D:D How many of the above was plaguing  our NZ members?????????  There was some triuth in some of the above though.   I do not think the AB locks was all that good in the two tests last year.  

Personally I think the problem this year with Retallick is the fact that he is a captain of a team tending to self-destruct and he himself is not what he used to be.  Maybe removing the captaincy would help Retallick to concentrate on his personal performances,   

Mar 13, 2019, 13:30

The Hapless Stompies: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Dan du Plessis, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 SP Marais, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Juarno Augustus, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff.

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Cobus Wiese, 20 Jaco Coetzee, 21 Justin Phillips, 22 Ruhan Nel, 23 Damian Willemse

Mar 13, 2019, 14:28

Rooinek thanks

Stormers updated  

Mar 13, 2019, 14:37

Something has gone wrong on this thread  - I will start a new thread and update irt when I do the Jaguares team.    I will obviously try and make sure that there is not another blow-up.  

Mar 14, 2019, 01:49

Highlanders:

1. Ayden Johnston 2. Liam Coltman 3. Tyrel Lomax 4. Josh Dickson 5. Jack Whetton 6. Shannon Frizell 7. James Lentjes 8. Luke Whitelock 9. Aaron Smith 10. Josh Ioane 11. Richard Buckman 12. Teihorangi Walden 13. Sio Tomkinson 14. Waisake Naholo 15. Ben Smith

16. Ash Dixon 17. Daniel Lienert-Brown 18. Siate Tokolahi 19. Tom Franklin 20. Elliot Dixon 21. Dillion Hunt 22. Folau Fakatava 23. Marty Banks

Mar 14, 2019, 05:48

Crusaders: David Havili, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Matt Todd, Jordan Taufua, Sam Whitelock (captain), Scott Barrett, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Harry Allan, Michael Alaalatoa, Quinten Strange, Tom Sanders, Ere Enari, Brett Cameron, Will Jordan.

You need to Log in to reply.