You need to LOG IN to reply.

The 'average O Mahony' is man of the match

Forum » Rugby » The 'average O Mahony' is man of the match

Feb 10, 2019, 00:40

......after DBL said this afew days ago: 'It’s probably the side that had average O’Mahony at blindside? PSDT is miles better it’s not even close despite playing out of position'.

One has to laugh.

Feb 10, 2019, 13:18

Awarded by a commentator admitting there was not much in it he gave it to him for his tackles made and his leadership after taking over the captaincy when Best left.

He is as average as they come. PSDT is a much much better player.

Best forward on the field in that test was Josh Strauss

Feb 10, 2019, 14:01

Dave

Ireland has some good loosies and O'Mahony is one of them.   I waa somewhat disappointed by the Irish performance in general and in their case the MOM could have gone to any Irish player since after all with some help from the ref they did win the game..    

Feb 10, 2019, 16:54

I’ll help you a bit Moffie. This is why I say he is average.

O’Mahony ran 13 times and made all of 6 metres beating no defenders and effecting no offloads. Defensively he made 11 tackles missing 2.

Strauss on the other hand ran 17 times gaining 44 metres beating 2 defenders and effecting an offload. Defensively he made 25 tackles missing 5.

No contest Strauss walks it which was my original call before looking up the stats.

Here is some advice Moffie shut the fuck up moving forward for you keep getting exposed making piss poor rugby calls. It’s not like we can blame your age for your calls are always inaccurate.

Keep paddling old man. Let’s face is O’Mahony had a pretty ordinary game. At the time I did think the commentator was an idiot for making the MOM call, the stats confirm that.

Keep coming Moffie you are such easy pickings

Feb 10, 2019, 18:09

But he made turnovers and is a regular target at the back of the lineouts. But you think 13 runs for 6 metres isn't good?

Check this out:

C StanderN8 0 6 11 4 0 0 0 0

From last week, eleven runs for 4 metres looks a little worse....hahaha.

O Mahony was Man of the Match in aggregate and well deserved. And you get Egg of the Match.

You need to Log in to reply.