The good old French

Forum » Rugby » The good old French

Feb 12, 2021, 16:35

Nothing changes. Teddy Thomas was absolutely brilliant for them last weekend and now he finds himself on the bench this weekend

Unbelievable

Feb 13, 2021, 06:47

France should walk this one but weather conditions in Dublin look awful  at 3pm on Sunday it is forecasted to be pouring with rain.

Ireland will just have to keep it tight and don't allow the French any space (not that it will be possible under these extreme conditions).  Even so the French side is very good. Probably the best for several decades. I think they will win this 6N.

I think Scotland will take Wales in Edinburgh. 

EJ 's  selection of England side sends out a panic message against lowly Italy..."we just cannot afford to take any chances".

EJ is falling into the same trap with English players as SA coaches once did and is leaving out too many young players (fringe players) against weaker opposition. This retards the up and coming younger crop of players and  leaves the selection leaner into the future. You must rotate your players...France sent a second side or perhaps a third side according to Becs against England at Twickenham in the previous competition and technically beat them but for a lucky penalty which allowed them to save face.

Feb 13, 2021, 12:47

The French have some exciting new backs but I’m not convinced about their pack being anything special.

I’m never a fan of a flanker playing lock as they are doing with le Roux, who is a damn fine player but should be playing blindside.

Supporters are getting fed up with Eddie sticking with the old guard and not moving on. Retaining fat Billy at 8 sums Eddie up at the moment. Billy is a good player but not when he clearly has been spending lockdown eating all the pies.

This Farrell to 10 one week and 12 the next is not a good thing at all either

Feb 13, 2021, 14:35

When I first saw Du Pont play I thought that he was head and shoulders above the best No 9's I've ever seen, although you could not really get better than Gareth Edwards or Jooste. But Antoine is the perfect scrummie and has no faults from what I saw last week even though it was against lowly Azzuris.

He already has the making of a great...absolutely magnifique!

Feb 13, 2021, 15:13

Yep good player - I need to see more before I elevate him above Faf and Aaron Smith

You need to Log in to reply.