The Goodhue try

Forum » Rugby » The Goodhue try

Jul 30, 2019, 02:15

It started with a handling error by Vermeulen.....the first I can remember from him, he has great hands. Okay, now we have got that out of the way....why was it not defended?

Firstly the pass to Barrett was perfect....launching him at pace. Too much pace for Am who should probably have gone for the ankle tap....or if not stayed on his feet.

But there were three chasers and Willie ahead.....Goodhue was a step behind Allende and level with Mapimpi. The ever present Mostert was running back at top pace but further away.

Allende took himself out first by veering towards Barrett and then slowing down for no reason. Mapimpi hovered and finally set after Goodhue ankle tapping him in the in goal.....Mostert didn't have the pace to catch Goodhue from behind.

The chief villain here was Allende. He should have run Barrett into Willie's tackle, he had step on Goodhue and that pass to the centre should never have been on.

Just one more case in the long history of test losing incidents involving Allende. His mind switches off in these moments.....his body language said c'est la vie.

Jul 30, 2019, 02:25

I have watched this a few times, and I can't find anyone at fault. 

What is surprising is that Sonny Bill is at 1st receiver and not Moounga- , with Barrat cutting the backline, or closer to the wing. 

Sonny Bill does a skip pass (of Goodhue). Then Barrat made the break and passed inside to Goodhue. Delande could have done better on cover defence. He appeared to be on a Sunday stroll

Jul 30, 2019, 08:11

The only way that could have been defended is if Am leaves SBW to Damian and Mapimpi fans out between Goodhue and Barrett. It would still be quite a stretch and a number of permutations could still result in a try. This is the danger of turnover ball. 

Jul 30, 2019, 10:23

So De Allende alone is to blame for the Goodhue try and he got Vermeulen's knock on "out of the way".   That was not the only ball possession loss by Vermeulen on the day and he gave away two penalties as well.  Never happened before/   

Idiots galore - only a sick mind can come up with that description.   Why did De Allende not learn to fly and then catch  player that was at least 10 meters ahead of him to start with.   This is the way the idiots mind works - what a lot of sheer BS AGAIN.   

With that type of ball possession loss - Vermeulen has had the same problems in the past - the whole backline defense is thrown out of gear and even Matfield said so last night on TV and he should know since he was a center playing as a stand-in lock during line-outs/  Both he and  Paulse claimed that De Allende did hos work as expected and never said a word about his involvement in the Goodhue try.     

Jul 30, 2019, 10:53

Why did De Allende not learn to fly and then catch  player that was at least 10 meters ahead of him to start with.

This is why you can't be taken seriously on this forum, Mike. To start with, DA is ahead of both carrier Barrett and try scorer Goodhue. Not "at least 10 meters" behind.

This was always going to be difficult to defend. I still think Mapimpi had the pace to stay with Goodhue, but he was slacking along right until Goodhue received the pass, when he started mounting a chase. Our cover was caught fast asleep as Goodhue outstrips them in a sudden burst of speed between the halfway and the 10m line, taking about 3m from DA (from just behind him to roughly 2m ahead) in 10m.

Jul 30, 2019, 14:09

Listen idiot - when  Barrett ran through the gap he was at full speed already and by the time De Allende turned around and started running after him he was already 10 meters ahead of De Allende.

Both Goodhue and Barrett have pace aplenty - but then the whole story is totally concocted to try and blame De Allende for the try being scored.   Another load of total BS on site. LMAO          

Jul 30, 2019, 14:22

by the time De Allende turned around and started running after him he was already 10 meters ahead of De Allende

In the shot above, De Allende had turned around and started running after him. He is still ahead of him.

I am not expecting them to catch Barrett, that would be silly. I am expecting them to be aware of Goodhue and stay close enough to him to make a tackle possible as he receives the scoring pass. In my opinion, that was possible, especially for Mapimpi who has more pace than Damian.

You think they couldn't, fine, that's your opinion.

Trying to sell the idea that DA was at any stage 10m behind Barrett though? A flat out lie and completely unnecessary given the touch and go nature of this incident. I don't know what you wish to achieve with these fabrications other than making a complete joke out of yourself.

Jul 30, 2019, 15:43

All Allende had to do .... carthorse that he is....was to continue running flat out. If he did that Goodhue may very well have made up the metre Allende had on him. But it's doubtful in 20 metres he could have taken 2 metres off him and taken a pass.

Mapimpi was a metre behind and could also have made himself a factor if he went flat out.

Allende slowed down when he saw he couldn't get to Barrett .......as opposed to thinking about cutting off a pass.

Tokkie's 10 metres ahead is another stinking lie. Allende simply gave up.....I'm guessing because he didn't want to be shown up for pace.

Jul 30, 2019, 15:54

Actually looking at it frame by frame.....it's even worse. Allende drifts towards Barrett and then gives up, obstructing Mapimpi who has to manoeuvre round him to continue the chase......Allende slow, dumb and uncompetitive. He never even made a full hearted effort.

Jul 30, 2019, 16:00

Bullshit galore Mozart

You know nobody else but you could come up with this BS and nobody else but the other Idiot Speakers on site will agree with you on this issue because it is farfetched and based on theory that has no basis at all.  

You are always the liar on site and your theories have been proved to be impossible to execute by any player.   That makes you a complete IDIOT to even raise it on site.

Accept that Vermeulen buggered  up badly - the defensive line as per what Matfield said was in disorder as a result of the bugger-up turnover and it would have been impossible to stop the try the way it occurred.  To blame any one player other than Vemeulen for the try is complete and malicious idiocy and a futile attempt to excuse Vermeulen for causing the resulting try.  Nothing new on that - I know of three other cases where the same BS was spread by you on site. 

Jul 30, 2019, 16:00

Duplcation

Jul 30, 2019, 16:06

CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as i am not a de Allende fan...

Moz, this is the biggest load of shit and a real example of an old person being stubborn in their ways!

Much like CM and Frans.

Jul 30, 2019, 16:34

No it's an analytical person who can project outcomes....doing that. Look at it again....if Allende runs flat out he is in the lane between Barrett and Goodhue. The pass would not have been possible!

Unfortunately education has declined so dramatically analysis is no longer part of the equation. What I'm asking Allende to do happens in school boy matches every week.....and is the way Paulse totally negated Lomu.

Get with it!

Jul 30, 2019, 16:46

Prejudiced analysis is worthless - Chippo got it 100% correct.  By the way IF my auntie had balls - she would have been my uncle. 

Jul 30, 2019, 16:48

No CM.... she would have been your father.

Jul 30, 2019, 16:49

LOL Chippo

Jul 30, 2019, 16:57

wat gaan no aan?

motsart you lick to speak buffelkak

allende wos not by any of the close player.

Jul 30, 2019, 17:36

No mention of Am? Wow

Jul 30, 2019, 17:52

"No it's an analytical person who can project outcomes . . ."

No, it's a drunken and prejudiced old fool who never played a minute of rugby in his life but spends all his time hanging out on this forum trying to pretend he's an expert.

Jul 30, 2019, 18:08

Forget all the prejudicial bullshit. The try was the result of Vermeulen losing possession and Barrett skinning Am highlighting either Am’s lack of pace or Barrett’s sheer pace.

Barrett is deceptively quick and it’s a real strength of his

Jul 30, 2019, 18:18

Hahahaha so one of you chaps is wackhead....that figures. I guarantee you Nienaber is showing this clip and telling his backline players to never give up the chase.

Once again it's obvious if Allende ran flat out on the line Goodhue ran the pass could never be made.....unless of course he is soooooo slow Goodhue could pass him and take a pass without him being a hindrance.

Possible....I have to concede that.

Jul 30, 2019, 18:19

If your Auntie had balls.....you might have had some Poofter.

Jul 30, 2019, 18:32

de Allende has almost zero blame for that try but because it was de Allende he is featuring in your take.

The blame lies with Vermeulen and Am end of

Jul 30, 2019, 18:41

Vermeulen lost a ball ....it happens.....he was culpable for that incident, nothing more.

Am was gassed.....that's an issue. He isn't the fastest, but nor is Nkosi.

Allende could have prevented the try if he made a full hearted effort and used his brain. That's an issue because it's happened before and will again.

Jul 30, 2019, 18:55

Oh what bullshit de Allende’s culpability is practically zero.

Nkosi is no slower than any other wing playing out there bar the odd runaway

Jul 30, 2019, 21:35

Mozart 

What would your response have been if Du Toit made that mistake?   "THAT HAPPENS"?

No - it would have been 10 or more paragraphs of verbal abuse.

So why should any same person accept the BS you write above..       

Jul 30, 2019, 23:35

I'm not asking you to accept the truth Tokkie.....merely telling it. Use it, discard it.....who cares.

Jul 31, 2019, 00:10

https://m.facebook.com/RugbyFilms13/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FRugbyFilms13%2Fposts%2F%3Fref%3Dcontent_filter&ref=content_filter&_rdr

HD quality copy;

https://verystream.com/stream/BbrB2Vk6tNb/2019_The_Rugby_Championship_R2_New_Zealand_vs_South_Africa_27.07.19.mkv

Jul 31, 2019, 05:12

Mozart

The moment you manage to do analytical assessment on an objective basis it would be of great help to all of us.   The moment you come up with BS like you did in this case it is a tragic joke that shows nobody can ever expect from you to post the truth on site.   

Jul 31, 2019, 05:12

Duplication

Jul 31, 2019, 05:36

This is only garbage if you believe it's okay for a NZ centre to burn past a Bok centre who has a metre advantage.....and then for that Bok centre to just give up. Slow and gutless.

Jul 31, 2019, 07:21

Liar

Goodhue did not run past De Allende - Barrett made the break nd ultimately passed to Goodhue when the latter was in the clear.  Same BS as always. 

Jul 31, 2019, 14:44

Goodhue was a metre behind Allende running in the same direction....he burned past him to get the pass in the clear. Is it okay for an AB centre to be 3 metres faster than a Bok centre over 20 metres? Yep in Tokkie world...no problem.

Jul 31, 2019, 15:01

Not carrying the ball B Ster.  Lies wont-help you - but lies remains normal with you.

Jul 31, 2019, 15:58

Poofter nobody said he was carrying the ball.....Barrett was. The point is Goodhue burned past the slow/not engaged Allende.......making an easy pass possible. To be accused of lying by you of all people is a joke and another lie

Jul 31, 2019, 16:52

So why should De Allemnde deal with Goodhue and get carded and not Barrett as the ball carrier.

WE now have three successive threads started by you to demonize and belittle De Allende and on one case also Kriel - have you really got no other comment.   

You are back to the Goosen saga -3 new threads per week and the same with Du Toit.  Have you really got nothing else on your brain about rugby but to write BS about those three players?

Funny - Funny.   I quoted what you wrote and then took the stats and there as the lie for all to see.  Convinced you are an habitual liar if you do not get your mean way about things .  Happy Idiots Day to you..    

Jul 31, 2019, 17:04

Jul 31, 2019, 18:04

I doubt Delande could have caught him, but he should have tried. At the very least it would have closed down space, and limited the options. The extra pressure, may have helped force an error.

Delande was on a Sunday stroll. 

Jul 31, 2019, 21:20

Have a look at the relative positions on the Bok 10 metre line. Both Allende and Goodhue paused to see whether Barrett connected with the long pass. Both set off downfield after that....Goodhue was not at pace, but he was a metre behind.

Over the next 10 metres he accelerated seeing the opportunity......and Allende coasted. So he passed Allende and was in the clear for the Barrett pass.

No reason Allende couldn't have remained between Goodhue and Barrett other than he simply didn't match Goodhue's acceleration. He was oblivious to the risk.

Jul 31, 2019, 21:56

Another option might have been to get in-between Barrat and Goodhue, and do a  "lazy run". (ala Mccaw). A lazy runner move would have at least made it harder for Goodhue to line up perfectly on his outside.

Jul 31, 2019, 21:56

Sep 09, 2019, 19:36

Allende couldn’t be a lazy runner, he had to match Goodhue. But he was well positioned in the channel between Goodhue and the passer, Barrett and he was running in the same direction.

Simply said all he had to do was match Goodhue with a one metre start. Is that too much to ask.

Reading this string again we are told this was difficult, or impossible. It was nothing of the kind.

Sep 09, 2019, 20:00

Liar -liar - your pants are on fire,   The photo Idiot Speaker Pakie posted showed that De Allende was at least ten meters to the inside away from Barrett who was on full speed going forward.  If that was an well-positioned according to you.  Total Idiot Speak BS again, BSter.  You dimwit first claimed that De Allende was going to try and stop Barrett - but  should have followed Goodhue.  

You are known to make idiotic claims  about rugby  but this is by some distance the most idiotic ever -  no I am wrong here the physical impossibility to cut of Nonu from running diagonally across the field - confirmed by experts as a total impossibility -  is in line with this one and it is absolutely clear that you are a nut case when it comes to rugby;

What brought this on?   We know that you are crazy enough to bring  back threads where you were already severely embarrassed before,   I guess that you brought it back because I pointed out that Fat Fransie Steyn was an embarrassment and buggered  up badly on Friday and you want to get away from that discussion.   Piss poor effort I must add.    .                   

Sep 09, 2019, 20:00

Duplicate 

Sep 09, 2019, 20:26

"You are known to make idiotic claims about rugby"

Speak for yourself Lügnerin. 

Sep 09, 2019, 20:30

No I am not an Idiot Speaker like you and Mozart.  

No I am not an Idiot Speaker like you and Mozart.  

No I am not an Idiot Speaker and liar  like you and Mozart.  

Sep 09, 2019, 20:36

Third time's the charm. :D

Sep 09, 2019, 22:44

It's not even up for debate......Pakie's image above shows Allende ahead of both Barrett and Goodhue.......but Goodhue anticipated the opportunity while Dud Allende veered aimlessly towards Barrett and then just gave up.

Sep 10, 2019, 02:54

Mozart'

You have always been the biggest idiot on site  and the idiot who created scenarios on site which only an  absolute fool like you could believe possible.   

Your player support has always been that of a total rugby illiterate,   There has been so many foolish prejudices that it really is unbelievable.   Your interpretation is totally unbelievable,    If I were you I would think before writing total BS on site.   The other day when writing total BS to cover the inadequacy of Louw in defending when Sanchez ran past him you made the classical comments that Louw would have to develop wings to fly to tackle Sanchez,   Not even remotely true in that case - in the case of the Goodhue try De Allende would have to develop wings for the defense in this case,

Have you ever provided a true and realistic interpretation of what happened during rugby games?  If you have I have not seen it,  Your total bias can only be equal to the idiotic attitude of Comey and Strzok  in a political sense.   That shows total idiocy s well.   I will in future not call you an Idiot Speaker -  I have found your ideal description for you - Strzok you are and Strzok you will be in future.   A totally biased liar.

Now Strzok - lets get back to the real life,  Can you remember all the BS you wrote about Labuschagne over the years.   You were told he is a class loosie by every commentator and on site.   Before you ever saw him playing in a single game you condemned him as a player and made false claims about his weight and size.   You were repeatedly warned that you were a total idiot and so was your hero Meyer in his selections - remember.   Well on Friday the same Labuschagne gave the SA Loosies a real lesson as what loose forward play is about,  He was miles better than Vermeulen and Kolisi and even slightly better than Du Toit playing in a losing team.  You have in his case developed idiocy into a fine art.

Strzok and AO - in future to be called Liza Page - are total rugby biased idiots and we can be sure you will come up with BS in future - like trying to hide Fat Fransie's  total BS performance on Friday.   And then the hiding of the BS performances by players selected by Meyer for the 2015 test really was real disinformation.   The false story of yours in respect of blaming only Kriel for that defeat is a classical Strzok myth.          

Sep 10, 2019, 03:20

Yawn....riddle me this.....who is closest to the Bok tryline as Barrett breaks over the 10 metre line......Dud Allende, Barrett or Goodhue?

Sep 10, 2019, 04:13

Stop talking BS Strzok - look at the photo and don't  try misleading everybody again.   De Allende could not tackle Goodhue without the ball  and  De Allende turned and was following the line to try and go for Barrett.   You are really taking absolute crap in this case too.   Madness in evidence and it would serve no real purpose for De Allende to deal with Goodhue  without the ball.   Anyway who caused the problem in the first instance - Angel Vermeulen not so?

Also a coward not dealing with the issues raised by me.           

Sep 10, 2019, 05:10

Answer the question and I'll explain it to you Muck.

Sep 10, 2019, 11:05

What question Strzok?  Your total BS about De Allende?     

You need to Log in to reply.