The greatest #10 retires from Pro Rugby.

Forum » Rugby » The greatest #10 retires from Pro Rugby.

Feb 20, 2021, 23:38

Just read that All Black Dan Carter has retired from all professional rugby.

What a great #10 he was for the Crusaders, All Blacks plus his stints in France and Japan.

Sadly time catches up with all but thankfully he retired before he received a major injury and destroyed his legacy by staying active for money.

He will be remembered by all rugby followers and his points record will be hard to repeat or pass in this era of professional rugby.

May you have a long, healthy retirement from playing and trust you will not be lost to rugby as a coach, ref or administrator.

Thank you.

Well now I guess that makes Elton J the best #10 around!

Feb 21, 2021, 00:16

Great great player but I’d choose Barrett at 10 over him

Feb 21, 2021, 08:30

Dave you are according to the Kindergarten Idiot wring - the best flyahlf ever was shared between Carter and Morne Steyn.      LMAO

Feb 21, 2021, 17:46

Yes Barret is also a great fly-half but the record books will list the points for the most points scored at test level.

It is going to be almost impossible to pass Dan Carter's points.

Feb 21, 2021, 18:33

Kicking for poles does not define a rugby player

Look no further than Morne Steyn

He has every Bok record in the book but is an utterly shit rugby player

Carter was both a great kicker and all round player

Feb 21, 2021, 18:39

I would rather have Carter over Barret in a tight test match because he can play 10 man and 15 man rugby equally well. Carter is not only a better pole kicker, but his allround kicking game was better. He is also a better defender

Barrett is the best all-out attack rugby 10 and opportunist. Although he is often playing behind a losing pack these days against the best test sides. 

Feb 21, 2021, 19:30

Bullshit Barrett is the better defender and by some distance the better attacker

His out of hand kicking is very good, just as good as Dan’s

Carter is the far better goal kicker and that’s where it ends

Carter was a great player but Barrett is on another level especially with ball in hand

It’s no coincidence that the AB’s have slipped since moving Barrett to 15 to accommodate Richie at 10. While he is a good 10, Barrett is far far superior

Feb 21, 2021, 22:39

Carter was not a great defender.....Jean for example ran right over him in that famous 2013 test, where JJ returned the favour. Carter is a complete flyhalf, Barrett is an attacking genius. The choice would depend on the game, in a WC final I’d choose Carter.

Feb 21, 2021, 23:03

Barrett every game for me

WC finals are 32 -12 affairs these days!!

Feb 21, 2021, 23:06

Only if the oppo don’t show.

Feb 22, 2021, 01:34

The opposition got thrashed

Feb 22, 2021, 16:20

The English did show up for the final in 2019 - but could not contain the brilliant Springbok team  coached by the best coach SA ever had.     

Feb 22, 2021, 17:45

Why should we accept the judgement of a mope who had Medvedev in 3 sets. How stupid can you get?

Feb 22, 2021, 18:37

You need not take that into account.  In the longer run I am always correct since I am not an age maniac like you,   However, it is not me who made the comment I wrote above - it is the view of rugby experts throughout the world and counter what village idiots like you always write on site.   

Feb 24, 2021, 16:02

Dan was of course a better flyhalf than wee Beau. He was good at everything and an excellent goal kicker.

He was also a very smart general guiding the wee abs to many a win they otherwise didn't deserve. 

Dan was also a rarity in that unlike his countrymen he didn't squeal when taking a smashing tackle from Bok Hardman Bissie!

I note how poor snapster who loves flash doesn't appreciate  the genius of Carter. Ou Dave is lost when it comes to intelligence. Wee Beau runs through a huge gap and Dave raves in delight.

Place kicking for Dave is not a vital matter. Give me the crack on pace of a bar rat he opines hoping somebody will cheer his on. Hahaha hahaha. :D

You need to Log in to reply.