The Japs do it again

Forum » Rugby » The Japs do it again

Sep 28, 2019, 11:21

Brilliant performance by the hosts

After the commanding display against Scotland, the Irish did the classic under estimation of the opponent

Sep 28, 2019, 11:27

So, has Joe Schmidt now also become a kak coach?

Sep 28, 2019, 11:35

Look at the captain of Japan as a major reason for the Irish loss.   No - the Irish captain said they  did not under-estimate the Japan team - but they may have.   

This was indeed an upset bigger than the one in 2015.  In 2015 Japan played a team of Meyer duds and won - this time with the exception of Sexton the Irish picked their first-line players.

By the way is the NH teams really as good as they are claimed to be by some of our site members?   

Sep 28, 2019, 11:37

Fantastic. Will be interesting to see how all the Northern Hemisphere teams fare in these conditions. 

More refs from the Northern Hemisphere in an RWC ever, giving them some advantage, but faster pitches is another ball game...

Irish looked slow and sluggish as if it was a winter mud bath they are used to. 

Sep 28, 2019, 11:38

Aw, and I missed it.

Sep 28, 2019, 11:46

Fantastic, congrats to the Japanese. This is good for the game. Ireland will have to play there best players more to get to the knockout rounds.

Fantastic, congrats to the Japanese. This is good for the game. Ireland will have to play there best players more to get to the knockout rounds.

Sep 28, 2019, 11:58

Fark me............that was epic.........no shit calls so take a bow Gardner.............

Bloody good game JAPAN......

Sep 28, 2019, 11:58

Have you been reading Mike's book "How to p-p-post on forums", JW?

Sep 28, 2019, 12:04

Fair play to Japan. Deserved winners. Makes the group very interesting. Japan have control of the group and must fancy themselves against Scotland and making the quarter final.

Obviously as an Irishman I'm disappointed but its a great result for world rugby on the whole. I don't think Ireland played awful, but we went into our shells in the second half, but today Japan were simply the better team.

Irelands progression to the last 8 is still in their hands. Two bonus point wins against Russia and Samoa and Scotland can't catch them regardless of there results. We can still top the group if Scotland do us a favour and beat Japan but at the moment looks like a quarter final date with the All Blacks and another quarter final exit. :(

Sep 28, 2019, 12:19

Hope the Irish team have more heart than Stav should they meet the wee abs!

Congrats to the composite international "Jap" side. 

Sep 28, 2019, 12:49

Beeno

They have top class players neglected by their home unions.   Labuschagne is one of the best loosies in the world and proved it again today - but idiotic Meyer prefer duds like Alberts and silk at loosie.    Coetzee was worse than Meyer - but not by much.  

Sep 28, 2019, 12:52

“ By the way is the NH teams really as good as they are claimed to be by some of our site members? “

Could have been a legitimate question had at least one of the two teams been from the SH.

Sep 28, 2019, 13:19

Welcome to the club Ireland.

Sep 28, 2019, 13:25

Ceradyne 

SA beat the same Japan team 41-7 a few weeks ago - hence my question.

Sep 28, 2019, 13:59

“Posted by: clevermike (37898 posts) Sep 28, 2019, 13:25

Ceradyne

SA beat the same Japan team 41-7 a few weeks ago - hence my question. “

But Ireland, with many of the same players, beat NZ about ten months ago.

Sep 28, 2019, 14:38

There is a huge difference between 10 months and 3 weeks.   And that is a fact,  

Sep 28, 2019, 14:45

I see the Irish coach complained about the ref. Mallet said the coach had to say it. 

The IRB put out a statement saying the reffi g so far has not been up to standard thus far.

Seems Beeno once again 100 % vindicated

Sep 28, 2019, 15:03

Congrats to Japan.. very happy for them and their supporters ??

There is a big difference between a friendly dead rubber warm up game and a targeted RWC pool game and that is a fact.

On today's performances the Boks would have had to dig deep to come out on top!

Sep 28, 2019, 15:20

BB

No - the fact is that the Springboks should never have lost against Japan in 2015 and I do think the Japan team this year is better than what they used to be when they were in 2015.  If the warm up game result was not so wide I would have to an extent agree with you.

However, it shows again - Erasmus was clever to play a pre-WC warmup game in Japan - the NH teams have struggled there to play their normal mud-assisted game.   England was sub-standard in their first game - Scotland was poor against Ireland and today Ireland was not good enough against Japan.

Looks to me that they have problems playing in any country other than in the UK, France and Ireland.         

Sep 28, 2019, 15:43

Wasn’t CJ Stander starting in this game Moz?

Sep 28, 2019, 16:08

The "Japanese" team is far better than the one that beat the Boks.

They played with great fire and regardless of the ref looked the better side. 

Can they keep it up. 

Sep 28, 2019, 16:09

A fact is not a fact, and that is a fact.... duplicate

Sep 28, 2019, 17:28

I think the Scotland game is the key game for Japan to win - they will beat Canada easily.   If they beat Scotland they would end up on top of Pool A with Ireland in the second position;

SA will have to beat Italy and Canada, but they will have to be careful in the Italy game and use the best team to make sure of victory,  The Canada game should not be a problem. 

If the Japanese beat both their remaining opponents they will be top of  Pool A and Ireland second.   That will mean SA will have to  play Japan and New Zealand will play  Ireland in the quarterfinals.

To be frank I hope that would happen.

Watch the Aussies beating Wales tomorrow. England still have to play France and Argentina and their wheels could also come off,        

Sep 28, 2019, 17:45

The Irish were exposed for lack of pace in the fast conditions of Japan. However, sometimes a team just does not pitch up. Maybe they will improve... 

The Irish could do well in Northern Hemisphere slow pitches, but they do not appear to be contenders at this world cup in Japan, despite being number 1 in the world. 

Wales has more skill and pace in their backline and should be more of a threat in the world cup conditions.
England has the pack to get quick ball, with some powerful backline players that can break tackles. 

The only real contenders for the World Cup at this stage are:

1. All Blacks
2. England
3. South Africa
4. Wales

I don't think Australia has the tight five to win against the best teams.

Sep 28, 2019, 19:35

Aussies beat any team on their day... just depends what that day is... 

Credit to Japanese...

Tell me does this now setup quarter likely ireland v nz?

If so nice work saffas throwing the first pool game 

Irish will be so hungry after that...

Sep 28, 2019, 20:07

Redsman

It can only happen if the Japs wins the remaining two pool games - Scotland and Samoa  If that happens the Irish will play the AB's  in the quarterfinals.   South Africa will only be in the quarterfinals if they beat Italy and Canada in their two remaining matches too..      

Sep 28, 2019, 21:29

Scotland and Samoa Oom Mike, Canada is in our pool.

Sep 28, 2019, 21:34

But admit it Draad, there is a huge difference between 10 months and 3 weeks.

Sep 28, 2019, 21:38

The slide into oblivion in performance due to age does make a huge difference in performance. over a ten month period, LMAO.

Sep 28, 2019, 21:38

Dup

Sep 28, 2019, 22:16

Which is why 38 year old Gatlin just ran second in the 100metres at the World Champs.....the egg flows.

Sep 29, 2019, 02:28

After watching Ireland vs Scotland I swear Ireland would win the WC and be worthy champions....the opposite is now true.

And oh BTW, that chappie Tony Brown, Japanese assistant coach, ja the one I'd like to see as the Bok coach, well he franked my call with the Japs win. Of no surprise but funny all the same, our resident World Authority, the know-all on everything including rugby, we won't mention a name, not surprisingly dissed my choice with someone even "better"

Too funny.

Sep 29, 2019, 03:42

Strzok

We are talking about rugby nit-wit, 

Sep 29, 2019, 09:24

Sep 28, 2019, 21:34

But admit it Draad, there is a huge difference between 10 months and 3 weeks....

Indeed:angel:

Sep 29, 2019, 09:37

Well done Japan BTW...very exciting match.

Sep 29, 2019, 23:20

So Denise are you saying it’s down to Brown that the Japs won not Joseph the head coach - you fucking idiot

But more to the point - no one would pick Tony Brown over Scott as a coach but I’m guessing that’s beyond your comprehension.

Get this into your stupid head - I rate Tony as a coach but rate Scott even more, therefore would prefer Scott to Tony as Bok coach - get it fuckwit???

Sep 30, 2019, 03:35

Oh Dear, touched a raw nerve did I? You sound upset, calm down while I add to your misery. In answer to your stupid question....yes, that's exactly what I'm saying and to add to that so did the commentators during the game, .....go'on, do yourself a favour, watch the game again, .just remember to clean the wax out of your fat ears before you do, the only difference is that I had Tony Brown on my wish list prior to the game.

Thing is Vetsak, something went off the rails with you a long, long time ago, I mean for someone who eats, drinks and dreams rugby(your words) you are truly amazing in that you still know very little about the game, I mean every time I read one of your posts, especially the ones where you point to a player as a "class act" .....where to  start???.......oh....Louis Ludick, Wynand Olivier, JJ Engelbrecht, Piere Spies.....Jirre, I could go on and on and on........where does it stop? Just when do you realise that it's not funny anymore Huh? Oh and I forget.....Elton Useless Jantjies.... a class act? Bwhahahahahahaha Mind you it's mighty kind of yourself to provide comic relief without a charge.....thanks.

Look, it's simple and you're a simpleton, if everyone agreed with your dumb takes then it's honey on toast, disagree and you go into a meltdown. Vetsak, you need to address your vulnerabilities, grow up, become a man, don't eat from the same trough as your pigs. You've always known better than every single coach the Boks ever had, have an alternative better player and a better team. Notice that Hmmmm? 

Now it's only fair for me to school you, one way of spotting a good rugby coach is when he takes a group of no label players and turns them into half-decent players. Tony Brown did exactly that with the Sunwolves and has done it again with Japan. His fingerprint is there for all to see except for someone as ignorant as yourself. Got that?...good.

Vetsak, I'm not deeply religious but I go on my knees and look at the heavens and thank whatever powers there be that you never fulfilled your dream of becoming a rugby coach. The world of rugby does not need another pretender, like a Nollis Marais or a Rudolph Strauelli....I would rather you stay on this station and bark, kick and scream and watch the snot and tears run down your fat face knowing that some rugby player somewhere has a more than even break.....that his career won't be shredded.

Hallelujah!

Oct 01, 2019, 11:22

Stavanger1 caught on camera..............

Oct 01, 2019, 22:07

Wow Denise you devoted a lot of time to me, I’m honoured.

So the commentators said that the Japs success was down to Tony Brown did they? You are a lying twat

As for the Sunwolves - they were as pathetic as ever so what’s your point you ignorant twat?

When next you pray don’t forget to ask for a face lift you ugly mug

Oct 01, 2019, 23:05

Thanks vlag, hope the Japs get their QF against the ABs.

Oct 01, 2019, 23:17

Hahaha, making more friends. A real know it all know nothing. Pathetic. 

Oct 01, 2019, 23:36

Dave, read this slowly, it's for your own good......the problem is not that you don't know, the problem is that you don't know,  that you don't know. It's you and your kind that's the cause of why rugby is so vrot in the country.....it's you and your kind who lead only to belatedly be exposed as pretenders....ignorant......like a Coetzee, a Straueli etc etc. Your take on backline for example......I mean there's a laugh and a giggle. What would you know about backline play Hmmmmm? Seriously now, that line about centres not scoring tries...... about creating space...you mention these things with a great amount of authority pretending to know but when it's peeled back you're saying nothing. "Space", "nice touches", "creativity"....what a laugh....give it a miss Dave.....spare us your dreams, the world of rugby is better for it.

Oct 02, 2019, 00:22

So Denise are you saying modern day test centres are afforded space and that they regularly beat defenders and for that very reason find their coaches investing in them and providing them with the security of selection?

Answer that you ignorant twat and then provide me with an example of test centres who regularly find themselves in the starting side week after week

Look Denise I know you know very little about the game for your rugby contributions on here over the years amount to practically zero. You have no insight and clearly no grasp of the intricacies of the game.

You bring up exposure - watch me expose your ignorance right here or prove me wrong and answer my question on centre selections and their art of play today.

Can’t wait!!

Oct 02, 2019, 00:36

Just how stupid are you Huh? In how many ways do I have to tell you to STFU before it penetrates your thick skull? It's in your interest to stop making an arse of yourself and you were fine when you wasted coaching kindergarten but for crying out loud stop trying to impress us all and stop rolling out those "class acts"....it's embarrassing. You really don't know.

Is that too much to ask?

Oct 02, 2019, 00:42

Just as I thought you ignorant little prick - you don’t have an answer and in the process expose yourself.

But you are too fucking stupid to know any different

Now be a sport little man and just provide me with an answer so you can prove me wrong

I challenge you worthless prick - give me an answer

Oct 02, 2019, 00:59

Stop barking growling......"Give me an answer" Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr "I demand an answer" Grrrrrrrrrrr  

Grow up little boy, your days of kicking and screaming when you don't get your way has ended right here and now. Now dry your tears, wipe the snot off your nose and go to bed......look at the clock, it is your bedtime, it's been fun though rolling you around like putty between my fingers.

Oct 02, 2019, 04:58

Ceradyne - that video is priceless... gotta love the irish!!!

If Aussie dont make it - love to see them get up...

Oct 02, 2019, 09:33

Denise it’s been a pleasure exposing you for the ignorant little prick that you are. You are soooo pathetic you little coward

Oct 02, 2019, 10:45

Oct 02, 2019, 10:50

Japan brought a lot of physicality to the game. They dominated the collision. Ireland never saw that coming.

Awesome match to watch.

It would be great to see them make the quarters.

I look forward to their clash against Samoa.

The South Pacific islands have been rather pathetic. They have the brawn but not the intellect. Dumb asses the lot of them.

Oct 03, 2019, 00:26

Denise I’m waiting

Oct 03, 2019, 01:05

Dave you answered your own question when you highlighted Kerevi and Tuilagi. Space is at a premium, sure, but the great guys find enough.

Even the quick guys like Davies find some space.

The guys who don’t are our deadhead centers who run at the man rather than the space.

Oct 03, 2019, 05:03

"Denise I’m waiting"

What are you waiting for, another belting? Hell after kicking your sorry arse and after embarrassing yourself I'd imagine you'd go into recovery mode. Vetsak, don't make the mistake of thinking that I fear you in any shape or form and that you have the upper hand...you don't, as I've said, you are putty between my fingers. Matter of fact I think you are easy pickings........actually you bore me.

Dave, seriously, you have your good points, rugby just isn't one of them, stop deluding yourself. Anyone who thinks Dud Allende is a "class act" but disses a real class act in Maa'a Nonu, anyone who believes that the carthorse Wynand Olivier is a "class act" but disses Maa'a Nonu, is just plain ignorant and dumb.

None of your so called "class acts" have hit the big show, they've all imploded, every single one of them.

Take tattooed boy for example, remember how you lavished praise on him?    the poor man's Quade Cooper......what's happened to him Dave?.....he can't even make the bench and if he's lucky he might feature against Canada......if he's lucky. How on earth you could you think of him as a "class act" boggles the mind.

Listen to what other posters are saying about you, some credit your picks as Doozies, others are saying they're just kak. 

Look I've wasted enough of my time schooling you, a worthless cause I know, consider it a favour.

I feel privileged to be part of a group you've slagged off as being ignorant, well everyone who's dared to question your dumbass selections which is seriously half the forum posters. Bwhaahhhaahaha

And oh, drop the tough guy image will yu? It makes you look rather foolish.....and throwing more tantrums makes you an even bigger fool if that's humanly possible.

Oct 03, 2019, 09:42

Awe Denise that was another long contribution by you which shock shock has failed to deliver an answer.

We know that English is not your first language and that you live under the chip of having been suppressed blah, blah, blah.......but it’s clear you are also as thick as pigshit.

How you arrive at the conclusion that you are belting me is beyond comprehension given I’ve set you a little challenge that you have not been man enough to respond to......shock, shock

Denise it’s one thing being a coward but lying in the process is embarrassing for you. Nonu was pure class one of the best centres to play the game so kindly provide the evidence of me not rating him in his prime you lying scumbag.

I fully endorse my take on de Allende, he is a quality test centre who makes no less of an impression than any other test centres out there.

Same applies to Jantjies who is in our WC squad. Easily our second best 10 after Pollard.

Same applies to Olivier, he was a quality 12, the perfect back up to Jean.

But given your rugby knowledge and lack of rugby input over the years I don’t expect you to have the brain to grasp any of this, you are too fucking thick and ugly to grasp the basics.

But Denise here is a platform to prove me wrong. Just man up and respond to my challenge wee man

Oct 04, 2019, 02:23

Aaaahhh The race card....and here I was believing you to be non racist, your one good quality.  Vetsak, I'll excuse you and put it down to a cheap shot with the hope of firing me up. Predictable and borrriiiiiiiiiiing.....true to form.

Now last I heard you had a hobby farm going, you started that after your partner got sick of you and paid you out. Understandable as no-one likes a humorless and morbid annoyance in an office environment.

Tell me this though, out of your mixture of animals, not including yourself, how many pigs do you have?

Oct 04, 2019, 04:33

From the Dave archives:

'Of the international centres playing, none stand out in the fashion that say a young O'Driscoll did. The Kiwi's have Nonu, Smith and SBW, Oz have Ashely-Cooper, Barnes, Faingaa, Harris, McCabe and Tapuai, France have Rougerie, Mermoz, David, Fritz and Fofana, the English have Barritt, Tuilagi and Joseph, the Welsh have Roberts, Davies and Williams and the Irish have O'Driscoll, D'Arcy and Earls. SBW stood out with his physicality and offload - for the rest, its much of a muchness. The Kiwi centres shine a little more thanks to the winning brand of rugby the team plays as a whole, but lets face it, Nonu at times struggled in 2012 with many calls for his head. Conrad Smith is an intelligent, instinctive player who like Fourie finds himself in the right place at the right time, but one would hardly describe him as a world beating centre.

Here's another 2012 post diminishing Nonu and expressly saying SBW is better

'... which international 12 does that huh? - McCabe, Nonu - the best exponent of inside centre play this year was SBW, a player who took contact and perfected the art of the offload.'

I have no dog in this hunt, but those are your views.

Oct 04, 2019, 06:24

Strzok

That is weird - six years ago and some of the players mentioned by Dave is not playing test rugby anymore.   The celebrated Nonu - replaced early because he was totally outplayed in the RC test against the Springboks in 2015 are ignored by you and co - and is one of those who are not playing test rugby anymore,

He was so bad playing in France that they released him from his contract.

Even SB Williams place in the AB team is constantly questioned by NZ supporters - but you mentioned him as well.

Lets face facts the centers named by Dave in 2012 are either retired, or their performances have been  reduced due to the age factor - but then your interpretation is that aging remains a valuable criterium for team selection.         

Oct 04, 2019, 11:33

Moz that is pretty weak is that the best you can come up with and what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Not once have I stated that I did not rate Nonu. I merely stated that at the time SBW was better and I stand by that. Nonu was great in his prime but your friend Denise decided to lie about my take on Nonu.

Just like he is lying about some partner getting sick of me and paying me out - what a load of horse shit. Denise is a pathetic little liar and a coward. I’ve challenge the little man but he is not man enough to respond

My suggestion to you is to stay out of it

Denise true to form you are as cowardly as ever for the simple reason that you don’t have an answer as you don’t have a bloody clue.

Coward and liar - great combo - you must be proud

Oct 04, 2019, 16:00

Dave you pretty much claimed he was done after 2012. Just a pity he exploited Dud Allende to win the semi in 2015.

Oct 04, 2019, 17:16

Moz were did I say he was done I’m just saying SBW was better.

Nonu in his prime was great but he like Frans was past it in the end and the younger SBW was better. My take on Nonu then is no different to my take on Frans now. In their prime both were brilliant, but that twat Denise has declared I never rated Nonu - he is a liar

I don’t recall Nonu ever getting the better of de Allende

Oct 04, 2019, 17:48

Any player selected at #12 is always going to under perform if they have a #10 such as Elton Jantjies.

No if's and /or but's.

He sells all short with his sideways running and suicide passes.

de Allende is strong and has not been given enough credit by all under the handicap he has inherited  at #10.

Oct 04, 2019, 18:30

Look at the Barrett try in the WC semi to see Nonu taking advantage of Allende’s flaccid defense.

Oct 04, 2019, 18:54

de Allende defence is good, ever centre misses tackles as did Nonu

Oct 05, 2019, 02:52

"Any player selected at #12 is always going to under perform if they have a #10 such as Elton Jantjies"

It's a yes and no, agreed on Tattooed Boy, but no, Dud Allende is just plain useless regardless of who is next to him at flyhalf.

Oct 05, 2019, 05:38

Hey Vetsak, Here before you start growling again....

Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter

Oct 05, 2019, 08:54

Strzok

The disinformation on the Barrett try repeated as per normal.  Have you no rugby honesty at all?  

Oct 05, 2019, 10:54

Denise you fucking useless little coward

Call yourself a man - fuck off

You profess so much get countered with ease and don’t have to balls for a comeback

You are a run away loser always lying and running for the hills

Worthless

Oct 06, 2019, 00:46

Fatboy, you're doing a lot of "fucking" around here.....just hope your boyfriend doesn't find out.

You need to Log in to reply.