The lack of appreciation for Eben Etzebeth seems to be over

Forum » Rugby » The lack of appreciation for Eben Etzebeth seems to be over

Dec 04, 2021, 05:24

Now that the trumped up  case against him has  been discredited and he has again been our key player in 2021, Eben is finally getting some respect. Frequently mentioned as the obvious missing player for World Player of the Year and being spoken of as a Hall of Fame inductee on Rugby Pass, Eben with the cloud removed is getting some good press.

What did these journalists not get. No lock in the game is more dangerous on opposition throws to the front of the lineout. Given a chance to carry the ball against England he showed what a real athlete can do versus the likes of Lomp and Dud. And does anybody think there is a more powerful figure in the mauls?

This man has been our best forward for five years, while other more popular players got all the press. It’s good to see him finally getting his dues.

Dec 04, 2021, 08:43

He should really have been WPOTY.

Dec 04, 2021, 18:46

Eben kept his head down, played thru all the negativity surrounding him, and became a settled world class player. Best springbok by far.

Dec 05, 2021, 14:10

So at last ou mozzzz can trumpet getting ONE right. Unfortunately he got Rassie wrong, Du Toit wrong, Allende wrong, the Boks wrong, and Covid and the jab all wrong. 

A truly dismal performance yet he is complaining about some getting Etzebeth wrong. Best look in the mirror. Tongue And Teeth Smiley

Dec 05, 2021, 18:03

8 and 5 Bok year, 2 losses to Oz!! Third in the RC

Boks losing to the Lions….Dud Toit gets manhandled by a wing….Boks immediately start winning.

Boks with all the momentum in the Pom test…..Dud Allende is lined up to tackle the Pom wing, comes inside creating a barnyard gap and a try. Poms reverse  the WC win.

Humiliated Rassie Erasmus apologizes to everybody after Berrygate.

UK vaccinated death rates at 10% of the unvaccinated rate  when there was also total social distancing and no Delta.

Right, right, right, right, right…….and I’ll add a few:

Trump’s attempt to overturn the election in the Courts just hurt him.

De Ock failed again in the WC

De Ock was the only  loser in Kneelgate…making himself and the Proteas look as stupid as Harrassmiss.

Lomp was a nothing burger against the Poms, only good against smaller locks he can bully.

Stick  with moz!!!

Dec 05, 2021, 21:05

Bwahahahahaha a list of moz's fantasies. Hilarious stuff from Mozzzzz zzz. 

Dec 06, 2021, 01:22

Stay down HasBeen I covered your bet and raised you by 4. 

Dec 06, 2021, 11:10

It became clear to me, under Coetzee, what a good player Eben is.

Prior to that he struck me as a bit of a poser.

But let's also agree that he has matured over the last five years and that his game is both more intelligent and effective under Rassie.

Dec 06, 2021, 14:24

Plum Etzebeth was good from day 1.

Would have been awesome to have had a lock pairing of Bakkies and Eben. 

I do hope that Eben has enlightened oaks as to what a good lock looks like. Ou Mozzzzz thought the powder puff backline wannabe wee mat filed was a lock! Perhaps he has learnt from the Etzebeth experience. 

Dec 06, 2021, 17:28

Dear Eben we know you are the best lock in the world and we are very proud of you because at last you deliver hard positive play unlike your boet in Buenos Aires who has sullied lock play by acting like a juvrnile delinquent of the 60's, Yes you are now playing good solid and effective rugby without showing off...we are proud of you.:P

Dec 06, 2021, 17:35

You need to Log in to reply.