The Lions top the log

Forum » Rugby » The Lions top the log

Jul 16, 2017, 09:50

Back to back seasons of high quality rugby finds the Lions on top of the log.

An error in judgement last year cost them the top spot and any chance of the title. It's wonderful to see them as top dogs this year ... as they should have been last year. It opens up a golden opportunity to take this one step further ... on home soil.

This has all been made possible by some of the country's best players and undoubtedly top of the line coaching. It's very sad to Coach Ackerman leave our shores.

Elton Jantjies has ended his season with a lot of confidence, displaying an awesome assortment of skills and touch. He has undoubtedly been key to our success and the best scrummie in the country, Ross Cronje has been there with him all the way.

Players like van Rooyen, Marx, Akker, Dreyer, Mostert, Erasmus and Ferreira set a platform up front for the rest to work from. Dominating the set piece is as vital as it's ever been.

What an awesome backrow we have in Jaco Kriel, Kwagga, Whiteley (Bok cpt), Ackermen and Brinck. Dominating the breakdown has become essential and most successful teams have focused a lot of attention tn this area. The Kings have had a great season because of there kingpin Cloete and his skills at 6.

A highly under rated player in Ross Cronje has made a massif difference. While the country focused on Faff, Paige and HouGat (absurd) as our top 9, he's gone about his business quietly. A great partnership and understanding with Elton Jantjies is the heart and soul of this team.

Swys de Bruin has got our backline firing on all cylinders. Guys like Skosan, Combrinck, Vorster, Janse van Rensburg, Mapoe, Coetzee and Mahuza, all rejects at some point in time, have learnt so much under his guidance over the years, and have shown the way for the rest of the SA franchises.

Hearty congrats for topping the log, Boys

It's all in your hands.

I know you'll give it your best shot to bring the title home.

Go Lions!!!!!!!

Jul 16, 2017, 13:02

Go Lions indeed!

Jul 16, 2017, 13:29

Well done Lions and may you go all the way. 

I just hope someone could whisper into Jantjies' ear that he looks extremely kak with his makeup.

Jul 17, 2017, 08:45

Haaaaaahahahahaaa ... and that tennis ball hairdo drives me insane.

Either way ... he can put lipstick on for all I care ... just as long as he has a cracker in the last few matches and helps us to bring the trophy home.

I wonder ... could that be the source of his confidence??

Jul 17, 2017, 14:22

The kbbs are extremely quiet about the Lions topping the log! Hahahahaha

They also really didn't like the Sunwolves whipping the hapless I mean their conference is supposed to be so strong!

Jan 10, 2020, 22:28

Cleancutt will often praise players, then completely forget he was their biggest fan boy

"Elton Jantjies has ended his season with a lot of confidence, displaying an awesome assortment of skills and touch. He has undoubtedly been key to our success and the best scrummie in the country, Ross Cronje has been there with him all the way."

A highly under rated player in Ross Cronje has made a massif difference. While the country focused on Faff, Paige and HouGat (absurd) as our top 9, he's gone about his business quietly. A great partnership and understanding with Elton Jantjies is the heart and soul of this team.

Jan 10, 2020, 23:41

Classic stuff Shatk - great work there

What a useless Cunt he is

Fact is he knows fuck all about rugby

Imagine rating Boshoff followed by Ross Cronje

Turned his back on Jantjies for sure.

Must have been a switch he turned off - suddenly Jantjies lost all those skills he was salivating over two years ago

Pathetic

Jan 11, 2020, 07:39

SharkShit ... there is a very big difference between the Jantjies playing Super Rugby ... and the Jantjies playing test match rugby.

Surely you know that.

The little coloured boy cracks easily under pressure. We've seen it countless times already. Combining that with his usual panic attack is reason enough why Rassie never uses him in key matches these days.

He's a quota.

You didn't think this one through ... did you?

Haaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaa!! You sound desperate, Duh Dave. Your "rugby god" Elton is no more a test player than Gelant is.

Dumb ass!! 

Jan 11, 2020, 08:08

"Cleancutt will often praise players, then completely forget he was their biggest fan boy"

There's nothing new in that, we've seen it all before, he'll U Turn on you, me and everyone else, Fat Lip has no shame, look at what he said about Plum and without an apology is now his board mate.

Here, a sample...

‘It's good that you defend yourself ... don't let him back you up. Stand firm, Lara.

He's a sick fuck ...  a pervert ... with some strange beliefs ... not the type you'd want over for a barbecue and a few cold beers.

Dismiss him for the piece of shit he is and don't allow him to get you riled up.’ 

Jan 11, 2020, 08:45

Funny ... I had a feeling you'd be following me around from post to post.

Should I send you my Toadie application form to fill in?

I must warn you though ... I'm rather strict on the quality of my gimps ...  and your references will be asked for a full rundown of your character.

No cowards will be considered.

Are you a coward?

No trembling in the corner or under beds will be permitted.

Are you a coward?

I know you feel flattered that I would even consider taking you on as a gimp ... but ... this isn't a done deal yet ... so send in your application and I'll have a look at it.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:20

Seem's you guys are more concerned about CC and my spat than I am.

Well, the Lions are screwed now. Most of the good players are history. 

The 2017 team shan't be forgotten. 

It's a bit sad actually. So few of them got the reward they deserved.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:45

Deflecting from the topic now are we? 

Nice try Fat Lip but we both know it ain't gonna work.

Your Toadie Huh? Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha

Have you forgotten offering me the Olive Branch? Remember me telling you to stick it up your inconvenience Huh? Do you Really?

C'mon Slickster, up your game, it ain't looking good, a slap in the face from Sharkbok and a kick in the nuts from yours truly. I feel your pain.

Man you've been caught out well and truly.

Knuckle, tell me, have you apologized to Plum for calling him a sick fuck, a pervert and a poo dipper?

And is it A-Ok for Lara to invite him around for a barbecue?

Bitterbal, it's game over, you're a Fat Lip going nowhere, stuck in a country that you hate, stuck with a national side that you hate, the board has become a shoulder for you to cry on.....man you are Fooked! 

Now, what was that about Jantjies and Boshoff?

Laughing Graphics

Jan 11, 2020, 10:47

Plum

Fact is the Springbok coaches - especially Meyer and Coetzee - were seriously deficient coaches.   Meyer was even worse than Coetzee - and his main achievement was to not select Lions players at all while he was coaching the Springboks.  

Proof too - he got fired by Stade Francais because he was a clueless coach,    

Jan 11, 2020, 13:51

Dense Denise you and that nutjob fat Dave know zip about rugby. 

Two ignorant toads with no clue whatsoever. 

Hahahahaha. 

Jan 12, 2020, 08:28

Yes ... the Lions are a thing of the past.

Kaput!

Signing Fat Alberts and the useless Jannie says it all.

Also, Roelof is injury prone. He spends more time on crutches than he does on the field. I'm not sure what they were thinking when signing him. 

Another stupid decision. Seems to be a lot of those going round at the Lions these days.

We'll probably see them challenging for the wooden spoon again. It's what they do best.

The Goats are a thing of the past for me. I'll never be in their corner again.

I'm tired of cheering for the loser Lions. I hung in there for more than two decades ... watching them embarrass themselves ... and me ... every year. Ek is nou gatvol!!

I had a little hope with Ackermann at the helm but that soon crumbled when he left.

No more. I am done supporting any SA team ... in any sport. The Lions were my last link to this shit hole of a country.

I've always enjoyed the Chiefs style of play. Think I'll discard the useless quota riddled Lions for the Chiefs this season.

Go Chiefs.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:03

Of course they are deflecting Denny.....because they have no answer to what you just posted.  I never trusted what he said and I never responded because I knew he only said that because at the time he was throwing accusations willy nilly and the victim (we’ll call him that because he acted like one ) is acting like it never hurt his feelings which we know is untrue because he flounced off the board after putting up a reward to prove it was all a lie.  How do you come back from something like that with no apology or no remorse for the things that were said?

Mental issues I suspect.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:06

Were you ever in SA’s corner for anything?  I don’t think I recall you ever cheering for anything Sth African.  Perhaps the Lions once or twice, now it’s the Chiefs.  Too funny.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:14

True to form....the U Turner in overdrive. As if the Chiefs or anyone else gives a care.

Can we expect him to attend a game when the Chiefs play in JHB?.....Bwahhahhahahahahaha

Jan 12, 2020, 10:57

Personally I find it hard to ditch the Boks or WP. 

But if you take emotions out of it one does understand CC's frustrations.

Quotas are still in place and our players are leaving in droves. We have been litertaly looted. 

Each year we virtually start from scratch to build a team. World class young players leave. 

I don't know many of these new names but I will be surprised if our franchises are all competitive. Time will tell. If we get hiding each week more will join CC. 

Stormers can still field a decent match 15. We will see what the depth is like. 

No only morons like Cloudy Clown and the very dense Denise would thing there is nothing to complain about with SA Rugby. Some fans have pain thresholds that sends them sadly away.  

We need to kick quotas out, pick on merit and make a plan to keep our players. The notion of playing in the NH appears not to be going away. 

Jan 12, 2020, 11:08

You won the WC Beeno......and you still complain. When are you moving to Canada? Beats me why you’re still in SA when you support someone like Trump and find nothing positive about where you live, not even your team. You’re beginning to sound like a bimbo every day.

Jan 12, 2020, 14:09

No ... I don't cheer for anything South African.

Why would I?

This shit hole and all that's in it is not for me.

Jan 12, 2020, 15:14

Poor little Cunt the classic turn coat

Imagine being that angry with where you live that you actually turn on your national and provincial sides in process

You lack substance, you are weak and pathetically fickle

Biggest joke of all is you profess to be one of Gods flock - fuck off!!!

Jan 12, 2020, 17:29

I used to play ice hockey at the Carlton Sky rink when I was in primary school.

Can't wait to get my self a season ticket for my local team in Ontario. 

No quotas there.

Cloudy, are you able to let a single day go by without tryina put yourself in the middle of everything?

Jan 12, 2020, 17:59

Ja Plum...... I’m just trying out that ‘negging’ theory of yours. Working wonders atm. Thanks awfully for setting me straight but try not to puke all over your keyboard while I’m testing it.

Besides why do you care so much?

Jan 12, 2020, 18:02

Plum do not waste your hard-earned money on any team in Ontario the team to follow in the NHL are the Vancouver Canucks.

Welcome pleased to read that you have finally made the move.

Goodluck.

Jan 12, 2020, 18:03

Oh just think if you’re anywhere near Toronto you could go watch Sonny Bill....give him my regards. Tell him we missed him and his family at the beach this summer.

Jan 12, 2020, 18:15

Not yet AJ

Only toward the middle/end of 2020.

We'll be just south of Ottowa. 

Counting the weeks.

Jan 12, 2020, 18:18

Cloudy, Ottowa is near'ish to Toronto.

Unfortunately I like Muslims even less than kiwis so a big "nah thanks, I'm good" from me.

Jan 12, 2020, 18:20

Of course you do, why doesn’t that surprise me.

I’m sure he won’t miss you either.

Jan 12, 2020, 18:44

So why'd you bring him up?

Jan 12, 2020, 19:09

Cloudy Clown show me where I complained about the Boks. I was the great supporter of Rassie you peanut brain. 

I have also supported  the Mighty Stormers. 

However as I live here I cannot but note the problems. Water issues, electricity issues, a stagnant economy(you know what that is?) a weakening Rand, an extremely corrupt inefficient government pursuing racist policies. 

Canada is governed by a girlie boy globalist Justin Trudeau whose eyelashes keep falling off. 

Trudeau is as bad as your daft horsey PM Ardern. Like Trudeau they are in love with Islam, as are the globalist everywhere. Look how the demonrats are outraged President Trump took out the world's number one terrorist who has killed at a minimum 603 American service men an women, wounded thousand others and just recently butchered  1,500 protesters. 

Big protests in Iran whose people long to be free of the mad mullahs. Their days are numbered. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Ardern wasnt equally outraged. 

Cloudy Clown as always your stupidity and ignorance shines through. You must still be reading that far left globalist rag the Guardian that will feed as much BS as you can stomach which appears to be a great deal. 

Jan 12, 2020, 23:48

Why do you bring anything up in here? What a dumb question.

Bimbo Beeno... ‘Personally I find it hard to ditch the Boks or WP. But if you take emotions out of it one does understand CC's frustrations..’

haha nice try. Better keep your emotions then, you don’t want to end up spewing your guts like plum chum eeewwww

And the Guardian is still way more respectable than your copy and paste garbage from all your fake news YT channels.

Pretender. Hypocrite. Liar.

Jan 13, 2020, 00:44

Single with a mental age of five.

Must be tough.

Jan 13, 2020, 05:47

Beats being with a bully with a warped mind.

Pretty sexist comment though.  Must have struck a nerve :D

Jan 13, 2020, 08:09

Well ... a farm girl smelling of cow shit is always going to struggle for a suitor.

Looking for "love" on line is probably her only option ... and what better place to find boys than on rugby chat sites.

Not sure why she's attracted to South Africans though.

She's obviously desperate ... being online till the very early hours of the morning ... everyday.

Gotta feel for her.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:19

Haha true that.....what’s your excuse?

Jan 13, 2020, 08:22

Awww so you care? That’s really nice. Well that depends where you are on this planet. I get around a lot.

So tell me CC.....when did you discover plumchum wasn’t really a poo dipper? Did you win the money hahahahaha

Jan 13, 2020, 08:23

My excuse ... ?

Jan 13, 2020, 08:24

Boys online?? Think I’m way past that stage but definitely not up to the grandpa one...right pops?

Jan 13, 2020, 08:25

Aw cummon when that stuff was going down with poo dipper it was every day, relentless. Did your wifey feel more than a little neglected? Shame

Jan 13, 2020, 08:28

... and so the true Cloudy shows herself.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaa!!

Welcome.

A bitter little fat girl with cow shit on her shoes.

When last were you shagged, Cloudy? Have you ever been shagged?

You should inquire by Mike ... he'll give you all the details of his favourite power tool.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:31

Strike a nerve did I?

Jan 13, 2020, 08:34

That’s ok I understand how you feel.

Little big man.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:37

I hear "Cliques" sells the appropriate equipment.

...And it doesn't talk back.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:39

Well you would know wouldn’t you? Why don’t you two get a room maybe he can teach you the things he accused you of.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:40

Not even past 8am and you two are already online. Have you had breakfast? I hope you kept it down.

Kettle....black...

Jan 13, 2020, 08:44

Nou nou, nou nou gaan sy al weer tjank.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:47

It's 08:40 Cloudy

I'm having breakfast and reading the news. 

Mike, please help her out.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:47

Oh ... was I supposed to respond to that desperate comeback?

My bad.

Nerve? What nerve? Speak up farm girl. Don't be shy!!.

Really? You know how I feel?

About what?

Jan 13, 2020, 08:51

Tena katou e hoa korua renga te tiko me kaihe ki putu.

Koretake!! Hahahaha

Jan 13, 2020, 08:52

Well look at that, a couple of homos fighting over me. Who would have thunk?

Gets better every minute!

Jan 13, 2020, 08:53

No thanks.

I leave Klingon to the uglies. 

Jan 13, 2020, 08:54

Don’t you have some better halves to go play with? Talk about desperate when it’s come down to the dung level lol

You couldn’t write a better script.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:55

"Well look at that, a couple of homos fighting over me. Who would have thunk?"

There ain't enough beer in Belgium sweetheart.

I like loveboats...not shipwrecks.

Jan 13, 2020, 08:57

You’re klinging on to one ugly right now :D:D

Jan 13, 2020, 09:05

Porangi e te plum mate koe e hua.  Ne te wahine puhi te wairua whare kake hahaha

No woman no cry!  Do I feel another lie coming....wait for it!

Jan 13, 2020, 09:09

Now they’ve run away with tails between legs.  How boring!  Think I’ll go milk the cows now.

More fun playing in the dung :D

Jan 13, 2020, 09:24

So sad.

She tried hard for so many years to show herself as a kindhearted person ... gentle ... decent ... godly ... but ... this board seems to have stripped that facade away.

All that's left is this lonely, frustrated, bitter thing we see posting perversions in Maori.

So much for lecturing BeanDip on his Christianly behaviour. 

Turns out shes' as big a hypocrite as the rest of us.

Jan 13, 2020, 09:33

Run away ... from you?

Why would I do that?

You aren't intimidating at all. You may scare your suitors away ... but not me.

I feel sorry for you ... for the lonely life you live.

Your desperation is practically tangible.

Oh ... I thought you milked the cow early in the morning. Isn't that usually your time to trundle through the shit?

Jan 13, 2020, 10:08

Oh puh....leeeese and you can talk. Why would I be kind to an un-loyal turncoat like you who has nothing good to say about anything, not even your own people or country. You don’t even support your own team. And you treat people like crap.

You’re a two-faced, lying hypocrite who has said things to people in here that are perverted and abhorrent, and then have the gall to call me un-Christian like. And for Beeno and plumchum to condone that kind of behaviour says as much about their characters as it does about yours. I’ve seen enough posts to prove what kind of people you are. What went down with your mate was the epitome of revulsion and to move on like it never happened is just bizarre. You really are a disgusting excuse for a man and an even worse one for a father and a grandfather. Heaven forbid your grandchildren ever see what you write in here, or is that a secret life you lead? You bump them up and down on your knee and tell them what little darlings they are, take them to Sunday school and preach of love, then get on your keyboard and call everyone in here faggots.

You two are the perfect examples of the stereotypical bullies who try to intimidate and prey on vulnerable people, I bet you do it in other places as well.

‘ It's good that you defend yourself ... don't let him back you up. Stand firm, Lara.’

Yeah well.... I am standing firm and you don’t like it not one bit. Tough. Get over it. One minute a mate, then a back stabber, then a mate, then a back stabber...you know the drill, you do it so well.

And here’s another gem:

‘We are a brotherhood ... and we have a sister. To lose her would be tragic. She has some strong views ... and she has as much right to them as I do mine. ‘

So we are a brotherhood are we? And we have a sister do we? Excuse me while I do a plum and hurl!!

Be damned if I’m going to be intimidated by a couple of cyber bullies who are nothing but two bit losers to me.

Jan 13, 2020, 10:12

And yes I’m kind to my friends and generous to my family and all those I care about. But I don’t give a flying toss about you or what you think because you don’t matter to me, not one iota. So if you don’t like it then you can go sit in the corner and sulk.

And btw there are no expletives in the Maori language it just doesn’t compute.

Kapeesh?

Jan 13, 2020, 11:02

Cloudy every time she logs off of Ruckers...

Jan 13, 2020, 11:04

Yep still standing. Did you think I was going to run away and cry? That’s what you said right?

Haha neggers!! Egg running down neck.

Jan 13, 2020, 11:06

NZ 

Jan 13, 2020, 11:08

Meanwhile in South Africa...

Jan 13, 2020, 12:54

Oh wow ... I guess your frustration levels had to spill over into a full on emotional outburst sometime or another.

It’s been brewing up for the last few years now. We’ve all seen you vent on poor old Plum and BeanDip ... totally uncalled for ... completely losing your shit at times. Do tears come with these rants?

Well ... I’m not sure that this is the right platform for it ... however ... if it helps then why not. Bashing away at the keyboard is probably as therapeutic as you’ll get. Also ... it probably helps to point your finger at others, right? It’s their fault that you’re a sad, lonely, frustrated old woman, right?

No matter ... better out than in, I always say.

Feeling better now?

Nah ... I didn’t think so. It’s going to take a lot more to comfort you, Cloudy.  

Have you thought of therapy? Professional help is always a better alternative to tearful rants on a rugby message board. Besides ... this board and those on it aren’t really equipped to deal with these deep rooted issues of yours.

I guess you’ve already tried that and it didn’t take, huh?

Well ... the one good thing about his board is that you’ve found a release and that’s all that counts in the end, right? Your posts don’t really have much to do with rugby, so I guess that’s why you come on-line at such odd hours.    

I still think that you should leave your village and go find some random stranger for a vigorous shagging.

Just make sure you clean the cow shit off of your shoes first. You wouldn't want to scare him off.

Jan 13, 2020, 12:56

I have a suggestion.... Cloudy.

Jan 13, 2020, 13:01

No need to thank me, Cloudy ... I'm here for you ...

You need to Log in to reply.