Beast.

Marx.

Sinckler.

Etzebeth.

Arnold.

Curry.

Hooper.

Vunipola.

So we have 2 ABs, 3 Springboks, 5 Poms, 3 Aussies, 1 Welshman, 1 Scot....which is fairly indicative of the challenge each team presents. The ABs obviously are better than their representation because they have no weaknesses like Oz does in the scrums.

That said I wouldn't quibble if Bridge, Goodhue, Itoje, or Matera were in the team.

Aug 29, 2019, 18:09

Itoje is the most hyped player on the planet - as average as they come.

North is a girl, he lacks the hard edge.

Furlong ahead of Sinckler.

Beast no ways

Good chance Curry will play openside

Aug 29, 2019, 18:50

Do I take it you agree with the rest? Furlong a year ago was looking huge, he had a very ordinary Six Nations. North lacks a bit of pace as Habana showed in 2014....I see no problems with his edge.

Itoje is 10 times the player Stephanie is.....

Aug 29, 2019, 19:39

Not sure if England has 5 of the top 15 players, but they have gotten their form back to where it was 2 years ago. 

I see Brian oDriscoll is now rating them as his choice of winning the world cup. 

They had lots of injuries which allowed them to develop depth. Now the first choices all seem back and available for selection.  ManuTuilaga is a key player for them. They also probably have the strongest pack of forwards, and a good bench. 

Aug 29, 2019, 19:44

Tuilagi and Vunipola are the keys England....but Curry, Itoje, May etc are all right up there.

Aug 29, 2019, 23:59

Itoje must be considered the form lock going into the world cup. A very busy and effective player in everything he does. 

Aug 30, 2019, 00:50

Itoje is good. I have seen him get injured against the Boks before, and there was an immediate change in their performance after he left the pitch. 

When England look good, their pack seems to fill about 10 metres space behind rucks, that it gives the loosies and inside backstop quality possession. 

Aug 30, 2019, 13:10

Bullshit average Itoje is not fit to tie PSDT bootlaces. Itoje does stuff game after game bar concede many penalties. PSDT despite playing out of position is probably the best blindside in the game.

At 1.95m is too small for lock but the Poms keep playing him there.

No don’t agree with the rest. Davies is better than Tuilagi

Faf ahead of Smith

North a big no, he is a softy

Aug 30, 2019, 13:28

Yes, where the heck is Steph. Best 7 in world rugby!!!!!

Against England we have a pack to better them. Play Louw at 6 and Snyman at lock. Most physical pack in world rugby. Beat England up front and we can win!

Against the kiwi ballerinas you don't have to worry about physicality oaks!

Aug 30, 2019, 13:36

Forget average Louw at 6 give me Captain Kolisi anyday. More physical than Louw and far far better with ball in hand.

Louw is better at stealing the ball but we have Marx and Vermeulen for that

Aug 30, 2019, 13:43

Those that do not like Pieter Steph du Toit, please try and see the similarities in his game and that of Juan Smith (2007). Juan was a quick first line defender. He provided outstanding support to the 3 tight head (note how well Nyakane does when PSdT supports him) and he runs mostly on the shoulder of a try scorer. When Jantjies (9) scored, PSdT was on his shoulder. Please do not always focus on those players that run in the limelight.

Aug 30, 2019, 13:50

Please Blikster Steph is better than Juan Smith! 

Aug 30, 2019, 15:34

That's only because he positions himself on the wing Blikkies....and I kid you not. Stephanie is simply not agile enough to make the quick directional changes needed at flank. Juan was and Itoje clearly is.

Stephanie is a small Battleship not a large Destroyer

Aug 30, 2019, 19:20

120 kgs is small. Not even small for a lock. 

Aug 30, 2019, 19:21

You must be thinking about wee matfiled who went down to 103 kg. 

Aug 30, 2019, 19:52

I remember an Englishman knocking himself out in 2010, trying to tackle Big Vic. In 2005, the Kiwi fans were accusing Big Vic of wearing a metal plate under his wrapping on his forearms. Big Vic was clearly no softy. That was the era of bigger, heavier forwards. 

Steph is certainly no Juan, who was and is the best blindsider the Boks have fielded in my years following the game. Such an underrated gentleman of the game. Another one of those players berated by the plastics prior to RWC '07. He was labelled a plodding donkey. Stupid and a liability. It seems to be an unbroken pattern of behaviour, a player never truly achieves greatness until the mediocre plastics turn on them. A right of passage to the true Boks amongst the chaff. 

Aug 30, 2019, 20:21

Itoje only got into the game when Eben went off, last time we played the Poms. Good player in the loose when allowed to play his game, but a clever physical player like Eben neutralizes him in a jiffy. :D

Aug 30, 2019, 20:50

Itoje like Mostert should only play as blindside flankers much like Steph should only play lock.

Agreed with Moz re Steph, he is just not agile enough for a loosie and it’s why we should be playing the likes of JL du Preez or Jacques du Plessis or Ruan Ackerman at 7.

Steph is a big oaf, a typical lock. He does a good job at 7 for the Boks because he has a high work rate and uses his physicality. He is playing as a third lock not as a true athletic 7. Don’t expect him to be able to change direction in a blink to effect a tackle or quickly change his line of attack.

But his positives playing as a third lock far outweigh his lack of agility at 7.

I can’t believe WP are stupid enough to be playing JD Schickerling at 7, seems to be a WP thing

Sep 05, 2019, 04:52

Rubbish Dave.....how can Stephanie's 'positives playing as the third lock outweigh his lack of agility at 7'...when he hardly ever takes a lineout or engages in meaningful rucking.

He actually plays a particularly loose role at flank, often stationed out on the wing. We get precious little in exchange for his 'lack of agility'.

Sep 05, 2019, 07:34

Mozart

When you pick a world 15 team please make sure your prejudice is not the guiding principle involved.  Your above comments are basically not merit selection - but 50% tripe.    

Sep 05, 2019, 15:24

Says you who would have left Kolbe, Pollard, Kerevi, Jantjies, the Beast, Etzebeth, Mostert and Vermeulen out of the RC TOC.

Sep 05, 2019, 15:39

I would not be as silly as you are to even try to select a world 15 team - especially since I have seen some of your "selections" play often enough to realize they are not really world class.

Where did you get that list from?   Mostert and Vermeulen definitely not in the RC team of the series for very good reasons.  

Sep 05, 2019, 15:39

Duplicate

Sep 05, 2019, 15:48

Food reasons......no tripe then......hahahaha!

You need to Log in to reply.